Writing: Thoughts and Tips

Fanfic Recommendations!

Warning: This is a fic but it can help with your writing. I suggest that you read it if you want to improve your writing.

Author:  ErisChaotica

Title: Writing: Thoughts and Tips 

Description: 

This is for people who want to a) get more viewers and subscribers, b) figure out what's turning people away, c) learn the conventions that no one has told them but they've been expected to know and use, or d) simply improve as a writer.

First of all, this is not a rant fic that's designed solely to complain about the trends on AFF. It will address some of the trends, but it will also objectively explain their faults and provide alternatives. It is intended to actually help people rather than simply rage at them.

In this "advice fic," I will be offering my thoughts on how to go about writing and ways to improve on what you've already written. This series will contain my opinions, meaning that not everyone will agree with what is said and what I say isn't necessarily the One Absolute Truth, nor will I attempt to claim it as such. When I say "right" or "wrong," that's still an expression of an opinion. Moreover, what I'm providing are general guidelines rather than absolute rules, so deviation from what I say doesn't mean you're automatically "doing it wrong." However, I would advise that you think carefully before writing something or in a way that is usually seen as a "don't."

Please understand that I'm not trying to be a Nazi about what anyone writes. Really, this is just me promoting a particular standard that I prefer. This is targeted toward people who take writing seriously and care about improving. If you write purely for fun or don't care about improving, that's not an issue as long as you respect those who do write seriously and don't demean their efforts. You are free to do whatever you want with your own writing since I have no power to control what you do or don't write. I think it should be apparent that you can and will still have an audience on AFF even if you do the things I say to avoid or don't do the things I encourage.

Warning: I might make use of sarcasm for satirical purposes, so if you don't handle sarcasm well, this is not for you.

Characters: YOU