Chapter 13

When We Say

“Mom, Dad, this is Sunggyu,” the girl next to Sunggyu smiled at her parents.
“Ah yes, Sunggyu, we’ve heard a lot of good things about you from our precious daughter and tonight you were able to back up her endless praises about you.”
“Thank you, sir,” Sunggyu said with a smile on his face though his mind was elsewhere, thinking about where you were.
“When’s a good day for you? I would love to take you out to dinner so we can discuss giving you a contract for our company.”
“Contract for your company?”
“Oh, you didn’t tell him?” the man questioned his daughter.
“Daddy, I didn’t tell anyone this for the same reason I didn’t want you to just give me a contract. I’m trying to establish my career based on my talents and not just because my father’s a CEO of a Woollim Entertainment.”

Sunggyu’s eyes widened as he realized the girl he was holding’s words, “Woollim Entertainment? Like the one that Nell is signed under?!”
“Exactly that one, boy,” the CEO smirked.
“And you’re willing to give me a contract?!”
“I don’t see why not. Unless you’re not willing to accept the offer?”
“No, no, no, no. I’m more than willing!” Sunggyu said excitingly.
Sunggyu looked out the doors of the foyer only to see the darkness outside and no trace of your being.

I’m only doing this for you, Sunggyu thought.

-------------------

It was cold, but it was expecting of the winter weather as snow started to fall. Your blazer wasn’t enough to keep you warm as you tried to walk back to your hotel. Just trying to keep warm took up most of your energy and you felt yourself getting tired. You walked by a coffee shop that was still open and decided to sit inside and warm up before continuing. You sat there thinking of what occurred earlier when a familiar voice called your name, breaking you out of your thoughts. “Woohyun?” You looked up to see a familiar face that matched the familiar voice.  “The one and only Namstar at your service. But don’t say my name too loud, my fans can’t find out I’m here.” You laughed out loud at his response, seemed like he hadn’t changed a bit.

“I haven’t heard from you in months! What are you doing out here?” You asked
“Latest modeling project is out here. And I know! Because I’m still new to the company and modeling in general, the company doesn’t allow me to have a cell phone. But enough about me, what’s your excuse for you being so far from home during the holidays?”
“Well I was planning on surprising Sunggyu at his show but things didn’t go exactly as planned and I was just heading back to my hotel but it got unbearably cold outside.”
“Oh well, I’m sure you’ll see Sunggyu before you go leave the city. But you can’t go back to your hotel now. The night is still young! Come on, let’s go out!” Woohyun had a devious look on his face. “Come on!! You look stunning right now, we can’t let your good looks go to waste!”
“I suppose. I’m not leaving until the day after tomorrow.”
“Perfect! I just need to go back to my apartment and change a bit.” Woohyun grabbed your wrist and led you out of the shop.

You didn’t realize how late, or early according to Woohyun, it was until you arrived at his apartment and saw a clock that read 12:00am. You were sitting in the living room waiting for Woohyun to finish getting ready when your phone started ringing. Sunggyu’s name appeared on the caller ID and you were hesitant to answer.
“Hello?” You said feigning being tired.
“Sorry, babe. Did I wake you?”
You couldn’t help but to smile hearing his voice calling you babe. “No, I’m just tired. I had a long day.”
“Oh…okay.”
“So how was the show? I’m sorry I wasn’t able to go.”
“It was good, I think it would’ve been better if I saw you.” Sunggyu sighed quietly as he thought about the few seconds he was able to see you. It just wasn’t enough, he thought.
You half-smiled into the phone thinking that if he just turned around, he would’ve seen you. “I—“
“Sunggyu~, who are you on the phone with?” You heard a girl’s voice faintly on the other side of the connection.
“Don’t worry about it. What do you want?” Sunggyu said away from the receiver of the phone but you still heard him.
“Let’s go out!”
“Sunggyu, you sound busy. I should let you go.” You quickly said.
“I’m not. But you must be tired so I’ll let you rest… I miss you. And I love you…a lot, okay?”
“I miss you and love you a lot too. I’m still waiting for you.” You hung up quickly after your last sentence, shocked that you were able to say that.
Sunggyu’s heart twitched at your words. “Babe, wait!” But by then you had hung up and it was too late, Sunggyu didn’t even get the chance to tell you that he was getting a contract.

“Babe? Sunggyu, are you cheating on me?” the girl asked.
“We’re not together, we weren’t together, and we will never be together. So no, I am not cheating on you. I hope you know you probably just ruined everything.”
“Why are you being like this? Earlier you looked at me like you wanted to be with me.”
“You’re delusional. Now are we going out or not?” Sunggyu said trying to change the subject.
“Yeah! Let’s go!” The girl said, audibly forgetting her worries.  Kim Sunggyu, you will be mine, she thought.

 

 


Sorry for taking so long to update >.<
College has proven to be more time-consuming than I thought. 
Hope you guys enjoy the chapter! (: