Chapter 17

When We Say

You awoke to a cold touch on your ring finger, stirring slightly before opening up one eye to see what it was. “Do you like it, baby?” Dongwoo asked as you raised your hand into the last rays from the setting sun. You turned away from the infinity symbol ring on your finger to look at the man who put it on, “It’s beautiful, thank you.” Dongwoo smiled lovingly at you and raised his hand up next to yours, “I got one for myself too, it’s a little more manly but you can still tell it’s the pair to yours.” You chuckled softly before sighing, your mind now wandering back to Sunggyu and the necklace he gave you. “I’m yours forever, no matter what. Okay?” The moment and his voice replayed in your head, slightly stinging your heart. No matter what… you thought. You knew Sunggyu would overlook whatever happened between you and Dongwoo just to have you to himself, but would you be able to take him back? You questioned if he even wanted you still. Dongwoo grabbed your hand lightly to bring it down, breaking you out of your thoughts, “Baby, let’s go back to sleep.”

“Mhmm,” was all you could let out. Dongwoo snuggled closer to you as you tried to rid your mind of the invading thoughts about Sunggyu. You felt Dongwoo’s eyes watching you as you kept yours open. You sighed aloud again, clearing your mind for the time being before closing your eyes to satisfy the man next to you. Don’t think too much, baby. You’re here with me now, Dongwoo thought as he looked over your face before returning back to sleep.

-------------------

Sunggyu sat in his favorite café, staring intently at his cup of coffee as he reflected on the events from the past few days. He continued to sit there, lost in his own mind until his phone vibrated on the table. Sunggyu’s body tensed in anticipation when he saw that it was a message from Dongwoo and expected it to be one of length, telling him to leave you alone for good. His body relaxed and his head tilted in confusion as he read the one lined text, “She’s still thinking about you.” Sunggyu didn’t know what to think, the message only causing him more chaos in his mind. “Don’t let her. She doesn’t deserve what I did to her,” he replied.

I know,” Dongwoo texted back. “Are you planning on coming home for New Year’s?”
The first few words from his best friend hit him hard, but Sunggyu knew that Dongwoo wasn’t coming from the “best friend” perspective but the “the girl I love is hurt” one. “I haven’t bought my plane ticket yet, but I would like to come back.”

“I suggest you don’t.” Dongwoo’s words hit Sunggyu harder than before. Another text from Dongwoo came in before Sunggyu could reply, “Or at least if you do, don’t think about coming around her. It’ll only make things worse. I don’t mean to sound harsh, but I’m only thinking about her and you, man. It’s hard seeing the both of you hurt right now.”

Sunggyu sighed before replying, “Don’t worry, I wasn’t really planning to. I don’t think I could face her. And thanks, I really appreciate it.” He waited for a text back from Dongwoo, but after 10 minutes of silence from his phone, he had fallen back into his thoughts while staring down at his coffee cup.

-------------------

Dongwoo leaned against the kitchen counter about to text Sunggyu back when he heard you shuffling upstairs. “Food’s always a good distraction,” he mused aloud as he put down his phone and started to sift through his refrigerator looking for things to cook for your breakfast. 

 

 

 


I'm pretty sure my chapters have been getting shorter and shorter. Sorry >.< 
Hopefully next chapter will be longer. I just wanted to somewhat update this since it's been a while.