oo3

Behind the Scars

oo3

 

 

Saera wiped her sweat and literally spat out with a growl, "I don't give a about your goddamn club."

The man smiled coldly as he watched his girls hold Saera. He leaned over his table and softly said, "You don't have a choice darling. Either you take the spot I suggested you or... You say hi to my lovely girls. They're in need of a new- how do you say- toy?"

"I'm not some toy you can mess around with." She said through gritted teeth.

He leaned back and chuckled in a frightening tone, before darkly saying, "The first choice it is then."

 

 

-1 hours earlier-

 

The dj nodded at the responsible of the show and started playing with the many buttons that controlled the music.

Feeling between a mixture of confidence and nervousness, Saera was confused whether saying ' it' and just leave the situation or saying ' you' and try to fight for the title of being known as the 'winner'. Stubborn as she's always been, she decided to go with the latter.

Luckily enough, she had worn sneakers that resembled high tops, which were easier to dance with than leather boots. Moreover, the black jeggings were perfect to let her body move along freely with the music.

She took her jacket off and threw it to Baekhyun, whom almost missed catching it but ended up getting hit in the face. He spat a bit and scowled half heartedly behind her back even though she couldn't see.

When Saera was in midst of stretching, Kai slowly walked around the floor, near the audience, as he kept watch of her moves. Everyone was cheering for him, like they've always been and he smirked, feeling overly confident.

This was his thing.

There was a quiet sound coming from the gigantic speakers, which sounded like a bass that kept booming at a steady beat. Then, Saera closed her eyes and drowned out all the noise surrounding her, letting the beat from the stereos blend with the thumping of her heart. Once she was able to do so, an empty smile appeared on her seemingly calm face.

Kai's smirk changed into a confused one as he saw her look more confident than before. Though he remained unnaffected, his hands made the slightest movement. Boys howled at Saera as she made her first move. She tilted her head slowly towards the back, waiting for the beat to pick up. 

When the song suddenly slowed, she waited and waited and 'BOOM' the bass roared throughout the room. She swiftly kneeled on the floor as it echoed, then stood back up to show what she had hidden for god knows how long.

Going along with the music, she made quick steps that were strong yet soft. The fluidity in her movements caught everyone's attention. Whenever the music gained some rythm, she would easily follow the song, as if knowing exactly what would come next. For a second there, Kai found himself staring. He didn't mean to let himself carried away, but the way she expressed herself with her body made him feel... He couldn't pin point it, exactly. 

He almost forgot he had to step in to be able to actually win, so he casually made his entrance, breaking Saera's trance. She was turning when he caught her, with his right hand, comfortably laying on her waist, causing her to stiffen and gasp a bit.

"That was good and all..." he winked, "But let me show you how it's really done. Okay, darling?" He winked to tick her off a bit, liking when she got feisty.

She tightened her fists and gave him a glare as his hand left her side. Kai then gracefully went to the middle with feet that seemed to float from the ground. He had an expression on his face that made him look like he owned the floor, like the ground was a part of his body.

Biting her inner lip, she looked at his moves to see what kind of dance he was into. She could see that he mixed contemporary dance with hip-hop and jazz. Slowly nodding her head, Saera squinted her eyes and as quick as light, she saw how he was slowly repeating the same movements again.

With a smirk, she twirled in front of him, doing a pirouette and she knew she had him on the spot. Stopping on both feet with her right han flat on his chest, she looked into his eyes and swore she saw fire in them. She felt his chest heave up and down against her hand and how hard (or toned) it was. 

Kai raised a brow, silently asking her, 'What now, princess?'

She didn't want him to think she was admiring his body, so she quickly pulled back and threw him a mocking grin. She made a few steps back and bent her knees slowly before jumping backwards, making a backflip.

"Yeah Saera! Show 'em who's boss!" Baekhyun yelled at the top of his lungs.

The beat had a rythm that stayed the same all throughout the song. So she danced along, being on point with each sound of bass sounding from the speakers. Hip-hop being one of her favorite style of dance, she pop and locked every part of her body, not caring if it'd somehow hurt later. 

Looking at Kai again, (eye contact was always an important thing to do while dancing since it showed some kind of dominance. Kept the other person in place), she bit her lip to provoke him and continued to make her way to him. 

He was somehow to peaceful looking and it slightly disturbed her.

'What's going on in his mind?' She thought.

And in that small presence of hesitation in her eyes, Kai noticed it and moved before she could register what he was doing.

Saera was already close to him, so he took the opportunity and grabbed her hand. Utterly surprised by the sudden skinship, Saera stood still and Kai pulled her close to him. Their bodies collided. So close that their noses were inches away from touching.

The crowd had gotten silent, not completely, but quieter. 

And in a swift motion, Kai put both hands around her small body, putting a foot behind her knee to make fall.

She gasped.

Her head could have hit the ground if he hadn't held her. But Saera knew better. 

And she knew that he had calculated it all in his mind.

The yells had become loud, almost deafening. But the sound of her heart pounding in her ears made her unaware of the surroundings.

"Careful princess. You might fall." His tone made it sound like he was worried, but his smirk said otherwise.

She glared and was about to spat something when he leaned his face closer to hers. When his lips were mere inches from touching hers, she closed her eyes and abruptly turned her head.

*thump*

Her head was on the ground and when she opened her eyes again, she realized she was on the floor. Lying there like a lifeless doll.

Then she saw it.

 

The victory dance.

The encore yells.

The music stopping.

 

 

Kai had won.

 

***

 

Everything was a blur.

The sound of it all, the cheering, the rumbling of the ground. It seemed as if everything went in slow motion and she could only see her defeit.

Mostly feel it.

She slowly raised her upper body, putting her weight on her elbows. Feeling light-headed, she tried to get up but with a bit of difficulty. Often, she'd get dizzy since she had a hard time eating properly. Breakfast? It was more like taking a bit of something or just eating leftovers cookies she had in her cupboard.

So the moment she stood up, she could feel her head float and her equilibrium being all over the place. Blinking faster than usual, her breath came out as quick pants.

She felt her body go backwards without her consent and waited for it to hit the floor. Baekhyun, luckily, started running to her before one strand of her hair could even graze the ground and caught her without any effort.

"Saera? Saera." He shook her lightly, seeing her eyes flutter a bit. "Saera, wake up."

"Baek... I need... I need to..." She tried to explain to him, but he somehow caught what she was trying to say.

His brows raised. "Lie down? You need to lie down?" He nodded his head as if telling her to nod if he was right.

"Please..."

Baekhyun was quick to readjust their positions so he could carry her to the closest benches he could find.

People were staring at them with mocking smiles, whispering. "She got so intimidated by Kai... Look how she fainted." Another said. "Weak-... All that cockiness was fake, just like her." They laughed and Baekhyun seethed while shutting his eyes; trying his best to ignore the strangers' remark for Saera's sake.

He muttered. "I'm sorry Saera..." But she didn't seem to hear.

Once he saw an empty booth, he quickened his pace and slowly placed her down so she would be lying on the side. "Stay here okay? I'll go get some water for you. I'll be back!" His voice got muffled through the throng of people as he was getting further away.

"Damn..." Saera uttered out and clenched her fists close to her face, embarrassed and completely humiliated. Cold sweat ran down her temples as she tried to keep her breathing in check. 'I hate this,' she thought.

10 minutes passed.

15.

20.

Where was Baekhyun?

Then, the couch dipped and she felt the weight of a person to her left. "Baek?" she asked without looking.

A low laugh responded.

'That wasn't Baek', she thought.

"Well, well... We all know in the end Little Red got eaten by the wolf, didn't she?" the voice belonged to the owner, she recognized.

" off." Her voice came out weaker than she had anticipated.

"Nice to meet you too, Red. By the way, it's Hyuk to you." He said dryly. He then leaned so close to her face she could feel his breath on her cheek. "You know, you could have cost me quite a lot doing that lil stunt of yours..."

The man leaned back with his arms wide on the top of the booth and with a slow smirk on his face he continued. "But- it made me much more money than I would have imagined."

"er..." With a scoff, Saera tried to shake her head, but it went unnoticed as her body was shivering all over.

He lent his ear. "What was that?" then four girls in skimpy clothing came over and pulled Saera's body up so she was sitting upright. Red felt like she was gonna hurl as her whole world turned.

"Now... Usually, these events are always orchestrated and never truly 'improvised'. So the you pulled went against the rules I have around here. Since you made me a bit of more money today... I'm gonna let you go, but not without one condition."

Red let out a heavy breath and tried her best not to puke all over the floor. Hyuk took it as a response for him to continue.

"One, you work here and be part of the beautiful ladies that serve my clients when summoned-"

Saera spit on the floor as an answer.

Hyuk let out a mock laugh. "-Or you keep challenging Kai whenever he performs at my club."

Saera wiped her sweat and literally spat out with a growl. "I don't give a about your goddamn club."

The man smiled coldly as he watched his girls hold Saera. He leaned over his table and softly said. "You don't have a choice darling. Either you take the spot I suggested you or... You say hi to my lovely girls. They're in need of a new- how do you say- toy?"

"I'm not some toy you can mess around with." She said through gritted teeth.

He leaned back and chuckled in a frightening tone, before darkly saying. "The second choice- it is."

Hyuk got up and dusted his pants. "Don't try to run away from me. I have people that can hunt you down. So don't try to pull any more stunts, got it?" He turned. "Come on girls." The women let go of Saera like she was a sack of potatoes and followed Hyuk's back.

Saera fell back on the couch as if her soul had left her body.

"Saera!" Baekhyun ran back while watching Hyuk and his girls leave the booth in confusion. "Wha..."

Red clutched her stomach while grimacing, "I don't feel good Baek..."

Baekhyun cleared his head and looked at Saera. "Shoot! I'm so sorry it took so much time! The line was so long and then I bumped into some friends that we're here to see Kai and-"

"Ugh..."

Baek winced, feeling bad. "Sorry! Here drink some water." After opening the bottle cap he neared Saera's mouth and let her take a few sips before putting the cap on. "What was that about?" He nodded towards where Hyuk left.

Saera heaved a breath and decided to ignore the question. "Baek... Can you bring me home?"

"Of cour-" Baek started, but quickly got interrupted by a cold voice.

"I'll bring her home."

 


A/N: Dun dun dunnnn. Lol. So small chapter just to show you guys who won. POOPS it's kai! ;-; Idk if I should be happy or not haha. But yeah, sorry to make you guys wait :p so that's why I decided to post this up now. It was actually supposed to be longer, but I cut the chapter in two instead. Building up the . :) So hope you guys liked this lil chappie anyway! Thank you my lovelies, I love you ^^