C h a p t e r 1

Only What A Princess Needs (Two Shots) *Edited*

A/N: Okay, so in the forwards today I was going to complete it but when I saw it was about 12 pages on Microsoft, I put half the page in. I don't wanna keep too long ^^.

Oh and if the readers would like, listen to the song "Two Is Better Than One" (Instrumental Version) by Boys Like Girls. In my opinion, it brings the mood. ^^

 

C h a p t e r 1:

 

                “Haha, 4 eyes!” a boy chanted, bullying 7 year-old, JiSoo.  JiSoo bit her trembling lips, hoping she wouldn’t cry.

 

                “Look, she’s so chubby,” the boy’s friend added.  The two laughed, making her tears fall.  “Aw, is the little girl crying?”  His face was close up to hers and because of that, she cried even more.

 

                “Yah!  Kim KangIn!  Ok TaecYeon!  Quit bugging her!”  KangIn and TaecYeon laughed.

 

                “Why JaeJoong?  Do you like her?” KangIn asked.  JaeJoong stuck his tongue out at them.

 

                “You’re making her cry!  What if she was your little sister who was crying?” JaeJoong asked.  KangIn frowned and stuck his tongue out at JaeJoong.

 

                “Aish, JaeJoongie, you’re no fun,” KangIn said.  “Let’s go Taec.”

 

When they were gone, JaeJoong walked to JiSoo, whose face was covered with her hands as she cried.  JaeJoong lightly ruffled her hair to get her attention.  JiSoo’s crying was gradually stopping and she was then looking up at him to see his bright smile.

 

                “Don’t worry, they won’t bug you anymore,” JaeJoong said.  She sniffled and wiped her nose with her sleeve.

 

                “G-Gomawo, JaeJoong~shi,” she said shyly.

 

                “No problem.  C’mon, wanna play in the sand box?” he asked.  She smiled and nodded.  “C’mon, we’re going to make a big sand castle.  I’ll be the prince and you’ll be the princess.   You’ll be my little princess, alright?”  JiSoo giggled at his statement.

 

                “Okay, JaeJoong~shi.”

 

                “And call me oppa.”

 

                “Okay, oppa.”

 

 

That’s how it started…our friendship.  Just like he said back then, he’s the prince and I am his princess.  No matter what, that’s who we are.

 

 

F l a s h b a c k

 

*JiSoo’s POV*

 

                “Guess who?” he asked when he covered my eyes.

 

                “JaeJoong oppa!” I happily said.  I heard him chuckle behind me.  He held onto my shoulders and gently turned me around to face him.  His eyes never fail to make my insides feel funny.

 

                “Guess what today is?” JaeJoong asked me.  I thought for a bit and nothing came to mind.

 

                “What is it?” I asked very clueless.  JaeJoong sighed and soon chuckled.

 

                “Silly, it’s your 14thbirthday!  How can you forget?”  My mouth made an ‘O’ shape.

 

                “Sorry, I guess I was just too busy to remember,” I said. 

 

JaeJoong chuckled on what I said and turned me back around so that my back was facing him.  His hands were off my shoulders and after a few seconds, I felt something cold around my neck.  When I felt a clasp, I turned around to him.  His smile.  His genuine smile that makes me wants to fall onto my knees or have me blush, no matter what occasion we might be in.  I looked down at my neck to see a pink crown necklace.  He knows that I don’t like pink, but he knows that I just care about the thought of things.  And yes, I love this gift.  I looked at him and he was holding his blue crown necklace that I got him on his 14thbirthday.  I smiled to realize that we seem as if we have our own couple crown necklace.

 

                “My princess,” he said with one arm on his stomach and he bowed as his other arm was out of his side.  I giggled and pretended to do a curtsied.

 

                “Prince,” I said with a giggle.

 

 We held hands and danced as if we were in a ballroom, hearing violins and harps playing peaceful and romantic melodies.  This is something I dreamt of with him.  One thing I just want is our foreheads touching as we dance.  We would look each other in the eyes and slowly lean in and kiss.  That would be a perfect ending for us.  I always wanted something like that and right now, it feels as if it’s coming true.

 

                “JaeJoong~ah!  JiSoo~ah!  Come inside!  Dinner is ready!” My umma called.  We stopped dancing and embarrassedly looked at each other.  Our gaze was away, but I didn’t mind.  We were shy, I guess.  At least I know I was.

 

                “C’mon, let’s eat,” JaeJoong said.  I looked up and saw his hand in front of me.  I nodded and held his hand as we entered inside the house to eat.

 

End of Flashback

 

Oh, oppa, what happened to you?

 

*3rdPerson POV*

JiSoo looked out the window from the library during her lunch.  There outside, she sees JaeJoong, laughing along with YeonHee, his new girlfriend of the day?  Week?  Who knows?  JaeJoong’s longest relationship lasted for a week.  She sighed and held onto her necklace that he gave her.  How long has it been?  4 years?  Yes, 4 years and for 2 years, she and JaeJoong distant.

 

F l a s h b a c k 2 Y e a r s A g o

 

*JiSoo’s POV*

 

                “Oppa, it’s the first Tuesday this month.  You know what that means right?” I happily asked when I found him reading a book near a tree in the school garden.  Actually, the school garden is the only place that the two of us go to when we want time alone.  JaeJoong calmly looked up from his book and looked at me with a smiling expression.  I loved that expression on him.

 

                “Movies today, the most horrible movie that’s out right now,” he answered.  I smiled wider.

 

                “Yes.  So what time do you wanna go?” I asked him.

 

                “Is 6:30 alright?” JaeJoong asked.

 

                “Anytime is alright as long as we go,” I said.  JaeJoong smiled and ruffled my hair like he always does.

 

                “Alright.  Now go, I’m reading my book,” he said.  I knew that he never meant it.  Never in his life would he actually say something rude to me that will make me cry or keep me away from him.  I just lied down next to him, reading along on the pages he’s on.  I didn’t care if I didn’t know the book or on what was happening, being with him and doing something with him is enough.

 

 

I got ready for the movie.  It was 6:15 and I decided to go there early to get our tickets.  Usually, I’m the one buying the tickets and JaeJoong oppa will buy the food.  JaeJoong would come in 5 minutes before the movie will start to buy our food.  Patiently as always, I waited inside the theater for him.  I listened to my iPod, hoping the time will fly by.

 

6:25PM.

 

I went out to check if he was coming in.

 

No one.

 

6:30PM.

 

This would sometimes happen.  He must be running a little late.

 

6:45PM.

 

Stuck in traffic with his mom?

7:15PM.

 

I hope he JUST remembered.  Missing the beginning of the movie would be okay for me.

 

8:00PM.

 

Never had he shown up.  Since the past hour tears were forming and I kept strong holding them in.  I checked my phone.

 

No messages.  No phone calls.  Nothing.

 

I went outside to let my tears out.  When they were, I called my umma to drive me back home.

 

End of Flashback

 

*3rdPerson POV*

 

It was the end of school.  With books full in her hand, JiSoo decided to walk to a pizza place to do her homework.  She stopped when she heard YeonHee’s crying voice.  She took a peek to see her sitting alone on a bench.  Curious, JiSoo walked over.  YeonHee heard footsteps and looked up.

 

                “JiSoo, right?” she asked, her voice cracking.  JiSoo nodded and sat down next to her.

 

                “Sorry…I- I wasn’t eavesdropping, I just happened to…” she got cut off.

 

                “It’s alright.”

 

It was silent, none of them knowing what to say.

 

                “Did JaeJoong break up with you?” she asked slowly.

 

                “Yeah, he did,” she said.

JiSoo felt guilty for her and angry towards JaeJoong.  How could he?  Lee YeonHee, one of the nicest girls in the school.

 

                “I’m sorry,” JiSoo simply said.  She looked at YeonHee who gave a small smile.

 

                “It’s okay.  He shouldn’t be worth it.  I need to get going before my parents wonder where I am.  Thanks for the comfort,” she said and walked away.

 

JiSoo watched YeonHee until her figure disappeared in the street.  She sighed and started to walk to the pizza place.

She can distinguish JaeJoong’s figure anywhere.  She didn’t even both entering the store when she saw him with another girl and with his friends; the friends that she never met in her life, yet she knew about them.  Seeing how JaeJoong was leaning in to kiss her, JiSoo quickly walked away, her heart breaking at the scene.  ‘I shouldn’t love him,’ she thought.  ‘I shouldn’t.  What happened to the old him?  Was it on what I said?’

 

F l a s h b a c k 2 Y e a r s A g o

 

*JiSoo’s POV*

 

I’m sick of his split personalities.  Even though I like it that he’s the same old JaeJoong in front of me, when I see him with other people, he’s cocky, a party animal, and a player.  What prince is that?  Aren’t princes a gentleman to everyone and is loyal to all people.  All princes are, except you, JaeJoong oppa.  And there you go again, hitting on some other girl.  I just can’t take it anymore.  I quickly walked to him and gently tugged his arm.

 

                “Oppa?” I called him.  JaeJoong looked at me and gently pushed my grip off his shirt.  That hurt me, even though it wasn’t harsh, it still hurt me.  Now, I’m just scared.  I walked away from him and went outside, sitting on the grass.  A minute passed and there he was, sitting right next to me.

 

                “Sorry about that.  What is it you want to say to me?” JaeJoong asked me so kindly. 

 

I looked at him and the JaeJoong I see now is the real JaeJoong that I’ve known.  What’s with him that’s pissing me off?  That’s the answer that I need to say to him.  It’s now or never.  He told me that I can tell him anything about everything, even if it’s about him or even about me.

 

                “JaeJoong oppa,” I started.  JaeJoong looked at me, with curiosity in his eyes.

 

                “What’s wrong?” he asked.

I just couldn’t take it.  The concern in his voice just kills me and makes me want to cry over him.  I didn’t want that.  I want to be strong when I tell him.

 

                “Oppa…why did you change?” I asked.  He looked at me questionably.  Is he too blind to see?

 

                “Change?  What do you mean?  Aren’t I the same to you?” he asked.

 

                “Yes, but…”

 

                “But nothing, JiSoo~ah.  It’s not like I’m a jerk to you and ignore people who I want to ignore.  You’re my favorite dongseng here,” he said.  Those words just ripped me apart.  I know that soon enough, he might ignore me.  But will he?  Like he said before, I can tell him anything.

 

                “But…I don’t like who you are in general now,” I confess.  To me, he’s my JaeJoong, but in general, he isn’t.  It’s like another person in him.  When I looked at him, his face fell and slowly became colder.

 

                “In general?  What the hell are you talking about?” he asked.

 

                “How can you not know?  Are you stupid?” I asked, almost about to yell.

 

                “Oh, now you’re just calling me stupid?” he asked me.

 

                “No, not like that…”  That was it.  My tears just came out…I couldn’t handle it anymore.

 

                “Shut up, Kim JiSoo.  Just…whatever,” he said and walked away.


Actually, that was the last time my prince even talked to me.  Those were the last words he said to me…the words that he meant to say.  All the others…they were just…whatever.

 

End of Flashback