2/4 - Usual II

The fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  Chapter 02 – Usual II

 

But alas, Youngjae is gone. Daehyun wakes up to an empty bed. It was a Saturday – and as everyone Daehyun didn’t leave and alarm on. He just woke up when he felt the sun on his skin; because Youngjae was nice enough to open the curtains for Daehyun in the morning when he leaves. He had mixed feelings about waking up alone, but it was also something he calls ‘usual’. He wouldn’t be too surprised if Youngjae would have been still sleeping next to him, unaware of the world in his slumber next to Daehyun. Although; he has to admit that he would feel a bit, just a bit happy.

Well, it wasn’t like that today, and Daehyun turned his head to the clock by his bedside – half to check the time, and half to look at that ‘usual’ post it note on it. Fifty fifty. “G’morning sleepy head” Youngjae had written in his neat handwriting.

Daehyun falls into a small smile, taking off the note and stuffing it in the drawer right underneath, which is currently full of the same type of random morning greetings written by Youngjae. Once, when Daehyun was on mission ‘clean-that-room’ he wanted to throw all the colorful notes away. For a fact that they were still here, only meant that Daehyun had given these little notes his gratitude for existing.

Little pieces of hope were stuffed under his drawer. He liked it to be completely honest. He didn’t know if Youngjae knew he kept them though – it would be embarrassing to admit. What is he, a school girl? No, right?

But he still liked them anyway.

He dragged his feel quite comfortably to his room – because usually they would be impossible to move. Lately he’d say he’ve gotten used to it, but that doesn’t mean his wouldn’t throb and his muscles would feel sore. They did; well – not today.

Quite honestly it was … odd. Just a fraction of unusual as well. Youngjae and Daehyun weren’t the type to cuddle. Sure, they wrapped themselves in each other to share the warmth, but not cuddle. They didn’t, not like Daehyun wanted to – but; it’s just odd.

And… splashing a handful of water on his face – Daehyun realizes, that it’s also … lacking. Like something is missing, like – well, Daehyun speaks to himself in the mirror, raising a brow. “You wanted him to you and he didn’t.”

A second passes him in silence, Daehyun looking at himself. It takes him a while to realize he’s wearing an earring. Youngjae put it on him. It was his first time seeing it in the mirror and Daehyun tilted his head. It kind of actually matched him. He liked the little attachment. He must come up with an excuse to deal with the questions poured on him at work - because he had no intention to take it off.

He really doesn’t get it.

“I didn’t want it to look obvious” Youngjae had said. “Us, silly.”

Us? What us? Us who every Friday night, us?
And then if not, why not obvious?

Daehyun really wants to term it as a gift that meant they are together, but he doesn’t want to convince himself into things they never spoke of. That’s just plain stupid.

Suddenly his head starts to ache a bit and he shakes his head off of the topic. He doesn’t want to start Saturday with a headache after all. The problem was that Youngjae left him with a gift he never explained of when clearly he was looking for… well; .

“Stop thinking that Daehyun, You sound ing desperate!” he mutters to his reflection and takes his brush to brush his teeth. He gives himself a light shave and well – steps out. No need to take a bath, right? There he goes again.

Daehyun them plops himself down on the couch in front of the TV; thinking about how to spend the rest of the day. He turns the TV on – and swaps through the channels finding nothing interesting enough.

Then his phone rings.

Cursing – because it was all the way in his room – he walked out to pick it up. When he looked at the caller though; his anger was soon forgotten. It was Youngjae.

“Yeah?” Daehyun asks. He never said hello – no one knew why.

“You’re home today?” Not to mention, Youngjae was pretty short through the phone as well.

“I don’t know. Mostly I guess.” Daehyun says, titling his head. “Sup, you okay?” he asks, adding up to his previous statement.

“I had a bit of work this morning. I’m free now, for the rest of the week end.”

“Oh.”

Daehyun does that a lot. The ‘Oh’ – like he had come to realize something he never knew. He also uses it when he doesn’t have anything to say back; but not many knew about that usage of the response. Youngjae knew though. He knew Daehyun well.

“You can come over – if you don’t mind.” Youngjae invites, casually. Nothing to fiddle his shirt about – they had been together for months.

Daehyun waits for a second. Well, Daehyun did feel… lacking, didn’t he? But Youngjaes house was… a little …

You see, last time – Daehyun didn’t like it very much there. Youngjae turns a little too comfortable and things get rough. The problem wasn’t the ; the problem was the neighbors. There’s a couple next door with a seven year old kid who is way too mature for her age. She actually dared to ask if Daehyun and Youngjae were doing it because she heard things last night.

Daehyun was vocal, please – cut the crap he was wonderful in bed. Well, he was wonderful for his partner not the next door neighbors! Girls are so damned scary and freaky. Even the little ones!

Youngjae laughed his off in the situation, all the blame on Daehyun. This was an invitation Daehyun had to think twice about.

“And if you’re wondering about the nosy next door neighbors, they’re gone for a vacation. Come on Daehyun, I won’t let that happen again.”

 

How Daehyun furiously blushed at the other side, hopefully remained a secret. “I’d rather my place” Daehyun replies after getting his compose back.

Youngjae clearly chuckles. “It’s exciting here. I’ll come pick you up in twenty minutes. Get ready then.”

Daehyun just hums, because saying OK to this conversation just makes Youngjae take more authority. Whichever, he didn’t want to admit to ‘things are exciting here’ – the true reason he only hummed in response. Youngjaes’ smiling, Daehyun can say by his tone when he says “See ya” and ends the call.

Daehyun shuffles around the house after that, wondering if there was anything he had to take to spend a week end at Youngjae place. Not really though – because Youngjae even kept Daehyun a toothbrush in his place. He just grabs a change of clothes.

Youngjae wasn’t the punctual type – Daehyun knew; and he was – as usual, about ten more minutes late. It just gave him time to fill himself up with a toast and a glass of juice.

“You’re going to get fat” Youngjae startles Daehyun coming behind him. Daehyun jerks his head backwards to realize it was only Youngjae and sighs, munching down his toast and egg. “You’re late again” he says with his mouth full of food. It’s rather a usual statement, Daehyun doesn’t really mind this anymore – though he never fails to mention it.

Youngjae lets out a chuckle; observing how dumb Daehyun looked trying to blame him with a bunch of food inside his mouth. “Stupid.” He states and pats Daehyun on the back, half making him choke on his food. “Now stop stuffing everything inside your stomach and come with me, or I’ll drag you out.”

“Have a bit of patience will you, I can’t leave food to run cold. Take a bite if you want me to hurry.”

Youngjae without hesitance joins, pushing in an entire toast inside his mou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter