3/4 - Unusual I

The fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter ¾ - Unusual I

 

Youngjae was usually a strict, hard faced character nobody usually messed with. Things were even more framed and ruled when he wore his tie to work, and everyone there respected him senseless besides not genuinely liking the person. Youngjae wasn’t loved, but respected. His life had been like that and he liked things the way they are. Youngjae was waking up on a Monday morning, having the week ends pass him by without even realizing it. Daehyun wasn’t sleeping by his side when he woke up, and it took him more than just a while to adjust to the lacking feeling. He tries to push the thought away; thinking that he always leaves Daehyun in the morning and it’s unfair of him to think that Daehyun leaving without a word is unsettling.

He absolutely hates Mondays; and today was one. The alarm was never this annoying on a Tuesday; but Monday was just a pain in the . He hated having to get back into piles and piles of work; having to order people around to do this and then like they didn’t have a brain on their own. Mostly; all the employees are lacking the ability to think of their own. No offense, but do they have to act as a bunch of zombies pulling around by orders of somebody who would care to do that? Well, then Youngjae was that somebody; and he hated being it – telling everyone and anyone what to be doing next because for gods’ sake they had their brains for themselves, why should he bother? But then again; that’s why he gets paid for it. Himchan – who was his obedient diligent secretary seems to agree on the fact as well.

Out of all his subordinates in his office, he personally prefers Himchan. He was glad that he was his secretary; or else he would have no idea how to deal with things. After all; Himchan is the only person Youngjae would even consider calling a friend, but that too – all awkwardly. Youngjae wasn’t very social, not with people he had no interest in.

Complaining about work already, he drags himself to the bathroom – feet being forcefully moved by his brain. He didn’t like being late. Yoo Youngjae was never late. Besides all the things going in hazy rounds in his mind, the only thing that calms him down and brings him back to where he really is – is his image on the mirror, the small earring staying still where it was placed. It makes him happy for no reason, but he likes it. He likes the feeling of it – though the complexity behind it; he doesn’t understand. He doesn’t seem to mind it either, as long as he was happy.

The week goes on. Monday. Tuesday. Wednesday. Thursday. Then Youngjae turns a bit impatient. He blames it on the piercing, but instead of waiting for Friday, he finds himself driving to Daehyuns apartment on a Thursday evening. What was suddenly wrong with him, he has no idea. There’s a sudden urge to see Daehyun, and he obliges it without much thought. Maybe he would take Daehyun out for dinner or something – anything out of ordinary. Maybe it’s about time Youngjae takes their relationship one step further. Maybe it can all start on a Thursday evening.

He doesn’t see any way things could ever go wrong, so he just goes with his sudden plan. His car parked in the ground floor, ignoring the odd look of the guard, taking the elevator up to Daehyuns’ floor, Youngjae is in the next half an hour, opening the door to Daehyuns apartment.

 

He finds it empty.

 

“Oh, Maybe he went somewhere?” he thinks, and takes a phone call to Daehyun.

 

“Yeah?”
The usual voice replies at the other side. “Daehyun, aren’t you home? I mean where are you?” Youngjae asks.
“I’m working over-night today, why?”
“Ah… I see. I just walked into your apartment.”
“Today?” Daehyun sounds surprised.
“Yeah, I was planning to take you out for dinner.” Youngjae grins stupidly.
“Bad luck I guess. I’m a busy man too you know?”
Youngjae hums. “Another time then” he adds.

Daehyun takes a while to reply. “If you don’t mind me late, you can wait there.” He says.
“How long?” Youngjae rolls his sleeve to check the time. Nine PM.

“Two hours?” Daehyun guesses and Youngjae sighs. “How about one?”
“I’m in the middle of something Jae – I got to go. Good night!”

He hangs up.

 

Youngjae thins out his lips and stares at the screen of his phone for few good seconds before putting it away. He chooses between his choices, to go home; or to spend the night. He chooses the latter.
 

After his bath, and changing into some of Daehyuns clothes, he wonders whether he s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter