12. The Deer and its Savior

Pink Balloons

" don't think you should do that Chanyeol." Sehun muttered as he pulled Chanyeol back up on his feet. Scanning his surroundings, he was horrified with the mess Chanyeol has made for the past hour. 

"I'm trying to bake a cake...It's not working out." Chanyeol pouted and dusted the flour off his black pants. Sehun grimaced and set the jar of sugar to the side and assisted the chef in distress. He chuckled quietly and lightly smacked the side of Chanyeol's cheek. 

"Maybe we should just have Kyungsoo bake for you." Sehun suggested. Chanyeol grunted. 

"Don't you mean us, I'm not the only one who needs help." 

Cracking an egg with one hand, Sehun diligently put a good amount of sugar and flour on the bowl and began to whisk it expertly. Chanyeol watched in awe, but immediately shut his mouth, ready to retort. "Yeah you definantly need help."

Sehun laughed as he poured the batter into a baking pan. "You haven't even started yet! I'm doing fine without Kyungsoo."

Chanyeol leaned on the counter, crossing his arms in disatisfaction, pouting like a two year old child. It doesn't faze Sehun. "That won't work anymore man, Luhan has done that plenty of times." 

Chanyeol cut the act and laughed, walking towards the busy man. He observed Sehun carefully, admiring how much Sehun has grown since the time they met back at their hometown before Sehun moved to Seoul to follow his dreams. Don't get him wrong, Chanyeol knows he's still a boy, but he couldn't help but wonder how did he grow up so quickly. Sehun was always the quiet and logical type of the group (Chanyeol and Jongin) and he can't help but be jealous of Sehun's cool personality. Sehun caught Chanyeol staring at him and gave him a playful disgusted look. Chanyeol shook his head to stop his thoughts from flowing back into his head. 

"Hyung, don't tell me you're falling for me too. I have Luhan so nope, not gonna happen. And Baekhyun wouldn't be happy if you fell in love with me!" Sehun joked. Chanyeol laughed quietly and took the dirty apron off. 

"Never in a million years would I fall in love with you." Chanyeol pointed a finger at the maknae and glared. Sehun immediately put his hands up, surrendering to Chanyeol's 'wrath'. 

While Sehun continued to make more batter, Chanyeol cleaned the mess he has made. They had a good laugh and Chanyeol watched Sehun finish the batch of cupcakes. Chanyeol noticed Sehun's baking skill was impressively good compared to how he was during his middle school years."You seem to be pretty good at this." Chanyeol pointed out. There was a flush of red glowing on his cheek and Sehun nearly stuttered on his words. 

"Luhan loves sweets. So I bake for him during my free time. Buying sweets can really empty out my wallet." 

Chanyeol nodded and smiled. "Everytime we talk, we always end up talking about Luhan."

Sehun sighed and wiped his hands clean with a towel. "That is true." 

"I don't mind if you talk about how you got with Luhan. I'm curious to know."

Sehun chuckled and put the batter in the oven then setting the timer. "Actually we should talk about you and Baekhyun. The Zitao kid over there seems to take a liking to your man."

Chanyeol blushed furiously and squeaked incoherent words. "W-what! I do not have a thing for Baekhyun..." 

"Liar."

"Okay fine I do. But, I can't do anything if he likes Tao back." 

Sehun raised his brow and pulled a chair. "What are you talking about? I'm pretty sure Baekhyun likes you. Or maybe in love with you." Sehun purposely exagerrated the word love, wanting to see Chanyeol's exasperated expression for fun. 

"W-what..." Chanyeol pointed an accused finger at Sehun. 

"Don't what me. I know what love looks like. I've been through that denial." Sehun slapped his finger away. 

Chanyeol hissed and retrieved his finger, rubbing it soothingly."Oh yeah? But you aren't the one chasing the person." 

"Who said I didn't chase after that person?" 

"You look like a person who wouldn't give a damn about someone!"

"That's harsh."

"You're harsh. See you're doing that again!" Chanyeol pointed his finger at Sehun's face again. There was the usual empty look Sehun always portrayed and he really did look like someone who wouldn't care about anyone, it was the reason why he was dubbed 'The Untouchable' back then. 

Sehun waved Chanyeol's finger away from his face. "Can you stop pointing. That's rude and I am not like what you say I am!"

Leaning back on his chair Chanyeol gave him a disapproving look, he waved his phone around. "Oh yeah? Should I call Luhan over and make him tell the story?"

"Nope!" Sehun said. "I think we're good!" 

Chanyeo snickered. "You're totally whipped." 

Sehun snorted. "As if. Go ahead and call him then!" 

 

----

 

"What's wrong?! Why did you call?!" Luhan kicked the door open and stumbled inside, hair sticking in all direction. Chanyeol laughed loudly like a dying whale while Sehun looked at his boyfriend apologetically. Once Luhan caught Sehun in his sight, he stomped his way to the man and snatched both his hands to see if there were any signs of injuries. Checking every part of Sehun, Luhan sighed in relief when there was no injury inflicted on his lover. Chanyeol continued to laugh, tears streaming from his eyes. Luhan threw Chanyeol a dirty look and began hitting him hard on the arm, throwing punches continuously.

"Did you think that was funny!" Luhan yelled, he threw another blind punch that landed on Chanyeol's face. They were wimpy punches so it didn't hurt Chanyeol that much. 

"What? If I didn't say Sehun cut himself with a knife, you wouldn't have came here fast enough." Chanyeol reasoned. 

Luhan threw Sehun a look as well which caused Sehun to awkwardly turn away from the two and whistled his way to the kitchen. He mouthed to his boyfriend that he was going to check the food, as an excuse. 

"He could have died from losing too much blood!" Luhan resumed his punching sessions. 

"Ow. Ow! Dude that hurts now!" Chanyeol wailed and held Luhan by his wrists. 

Snatching his hands away from Chanyeol's grip, he got up and moved to the couch, crossing his legs and arms. "Now tell me why did you call me here for." 

"I wanted to know how you met Sehun!" Chanyeol grinned and spread his arms wide. 

Sehun smacked himself on the forehead as Luhan gave Chanyeol a bemused look. "That's it?"

The giant nodded. "That's it."

"You could have just said so instead of saying that Sehun cut his ring finger off. How the hell are we suppose to get married and wear our rings if he loses his finger you idiot!" Luhan was about to throw another punch at Chanyeol but stopped halfway when he saw Sehun grinning at him happily. Luhan turned red and muttered under his breath. "Okay what do you want to know."

Chanyeol leaned on his arm. "How, when, where you guys met."

"Met back at 2008 or nine? How, I was his dance mentor/ teacher, where; in the dance studio Jongin still attends to." 

"So straightforward with boring answers. What happen to the colorfulness?" 

"How do I make that colorful?" Luhan tilted his head. Sehun watched their interaction from the kitchen and mimicked Luhan. 

"Continue."

"Oh, well Sehun was like the untouchable. Very quiet, aloof, and independent. He likes to follow his own path. Talented too, I fell in love when he first performed in an event. I couldn't because I've injured my leg and was forbidden to dance. I still can't, but it wasn't as bad as before! Therapy did its thing!"

Chanyeol hadn't noticed, but he remembered seeing Luhan limp slightly as he walked around from time to time. He continued to listen until Sehun called Luhan over to taste his cupcakes. Luhan hopping to his feet and running to Sehun, Chanyeol followed the small man to the kitchen. He was greeted with the delicious smell of Sehun's pastry and Luhan's loud squeals of delight. 

"Oh my Gosh Sehun!" Luhan jumped in joy. Sehun chuckled as he slipped a hand around Luhan's waist, giving Luhan a chaste kiss. "These are good." 

Luhan his lips clean and gave Sehun a quick peck on the cheek before continuing on eating the cupcake. Luhan beckoned Chanyeol to grab his own cupcake as well. 

"Sehun, you are quite talented for some 19 or 20 year old." 

Luhan beamed at his boyfriend. "That's why I love him so much!" 

Chanyeol smiled at their interaction. Their love was pure and innocent, and the chemistry between them was undeniably good. They were made for each other. If only he had someone like that. Luhan and Sehun caught Chanyeol's troubled look, which caused them to quiet down. They looked into each other in the eye and nodded as if they heard each other's thoughts and agreed telepathically. Luhan folded his cupcake wrapper neatly as he called for Chanyeol's attention. "Is something on your mind Chanyeol?"

He startled Chanyeol, causing him to jerk his leg, kicking Sehun on the shin. Sehun groaned and threw the two of them a look. "Sorry!" Chanyeol squeaked. 

Luhan waved a hand to dismiss the fact Chanyeol's long limbs kicked the untouchable's shins. "Is there something wrong Chanyeol?" Luhan repeated again. 

The giant gave him a stare before responding. "No...no! There's nothing wrong. Why?"

Sehun gave Chanyeol a disbelieving look. "Liar."

Luhan nodded in agreement. "Is this about Baekhyun again?"

Chanyeol nearly choked on his unfinished cupcake. While hitting his fist against his chest, Luhan waited patiently for the giant to calm down. Finally calming down, Luhan encouraged Chanyeol to speak about his problem. 

"It is about Baekhyun." Sehun concluded. Luhan jabbed an elbow on Sehun's rib to shut him up. 

"I'm sorry guys. It's true, it is about Baekhyun..." Chanyeol admitted. Sehun rolled his eyes as he rubbed his sore ribcage. 

"Why is that troubling you?" 

Chanyeol looked out the window, watching the snow particles blow gracefully. Luhan looked at Chanyeol through his reflection on the mirror. Chanyeol took a deep breathe and began. "Have you ever felt that you want someone to be yours so badly but, you can't?" 

Luhan nodded. "Many times."

"Yeah that's what I'm feeling right now." Chanyeol massaged his temple. He can feel a headache forming. "I want to just give up and let Zitao have Baek." 

Luhan and Sehun just listened to Chanyeol, not responding to anything the giant was saying. It was as if the giant was just talking to himself, letting all his frustrations out. Chanyeol pulled on his hair and rolled around the floor. It was unfair, he thought. He can feel the pain in his heart again each time he thought of Baekhyun running away hand in hand with Zitao instead of his. It irks him just thinking aout it. "I can't give up though..." Chanyeol cracked. He was broken. Luhan looked at him sadly but he stayed put next to Sehun instead of going towards his friend to embrace him, telling him that everything is going to be okay. The pain in his voice started to get into the couple. 

"I can't give up. If I do, my conscience is going to kill me. So is the guilt and the regret. I have to find a way for Baekhyun to love me." This time Chanyeol sounded determine. The couple was relieved with the change in atmosphere but of course still concern for Chanyeol's mental health. Luhan walked to Chanyeol and gave him a hug. Chanyeol hugged the small boy awkwardly before pulling away to meet with Luhan's face. He could see the twinkle in Luhan's eyes. Chanyeol shuddered at the angelic features of Luhan and glanced at Sehun. 

"You know if you weren't taken by Sehun, I would have probably fell in love with you." Chanyeol confessed. 

Sehun frowned while Luhan giggled. "You wouldn't have fallen in love with me even if I was single Chanyeol." 

Chanyeol stared deeply into Luhan's eyes until a door knock startled the three of them. Running to the door while yelling "Coming!", the intruder already opened the door and pushed Chanyeol aside. "Tao?" 

"Where's Baekhyun?" Tao panicked. Chanyeol was shocked to see the raven haired boy, but to see him in such a distressed look made it worse. His nicely groomed hair was now a mess, strands of his hair peeping in every direction. His eyes were red, with tear stains on his cheeks. It frightened him to see someone like Tao to be in that positon. With the raven haired boy's legs giving into his weight, he fell on Luhan who caught him just in time. Sehun ran and helped the two of them up, guiding the sickly boy to the yellow couch. 

"Zitao. What's wrong?" Luhan cupped both his cheeks and forced Tao to look at him. Chanyeol and Sehun watched quietly, giving the two of them some space. 

"I can't find Baekhyun." Zitao responded in Chinese. 

Luhan's demeanor changed drastically. "What are you talking about?"

"I found Baekhyun's parents..." Tao mumbled. 

Luhan's eyes shot wide and turned to the two of them. "Tao found Baekhyun's parents."

"Are you serious?" Chanyeol said eyes going wide as well. Sehun was lost and started to ask questions.

"I need to find him." Tao tried to sit back up, but Luhan pushed him back down. 

"Yo, you stay put mister. Chanyeol and I will find Baekhyun."

Sehun looked at Luhan uneasily. "Can anybody tell me what's happening exactly?"

Luhan ignored Sehun and quickly put on his coat. Chanyeol did the same. Sehun watched the two and glanced back at Tao who grew paler as the minutes flew by."Where are you guys going?" Sehun yelled. Luhan threw Sehun an annoyed look before continuing his way out the door.

"To find Baekhyun. Duhr." 

"What about me? You're going to leave me here?" Sehun questioned and looked back at Tao. He pointed a finger at the boy. "You're leaving me with him??" 

Chanyeol walked out of the house, running to Luhan's car. Luhan bounced on his heels. "Oh Sehun. Stop being a baby and deal with it. Take care of Taozi will yah? I'm leaving. Love you, bye!" 

As the door shut, Sehun sighed. "This is going to be a pain in the .." Walking towards the uneasy boy, he squated down to pick up the folded wrappers that Luhan left on the floor. Tao sat there quietly. 

"You want pizza or something?" Sehun asked. 

Tao gave him a confused look. "You're asking me if I want pizza in a time like this?"

He shrugged and sat on the other end of the couch. There again, he looked at the confuse boy with his blank expression. "Yeah. What's wrong with that?"

Zitao felt uncomfortable with Sehun's intimidating gaze. "It's just weird. Pizza in a time like this..."

Sehun leaned on his hand. "If you tell me what exactly is happening, then maybe I wouldn't be asking you if you wanted pizza or not." 

Zitao gave Sehun an exasperated look, feeling a headache hurling into his head. "Oh my ."

 

 

 

=====

A/N: Not the best update but, eh. Just so you know guys. Im not the type of person who writes with a plan. I just write whatever I think of along the way. I'm sorry for any other typos or grammar errors. I'm really sorry.