10. Winter Sweets

Pink Balloons

Author's Note:  Okay guys I'm backk , I know i've been out for quite some time, and if you need some refreshings, you could read a couple chapters back. Also, there's going to be a little filler in Minseoks talk with Tao, I might make a side story of Luhan, Sehun, and Minseok. Tell me what you guys think or you can ask me any pairing from this story you want to learn more about. (Also my first attempt of cliffhangers).

-----------------

"Aren't you excited for the festival Jongin?" Chanyeol squealed in delight. 

Jongin grimaced and he was already half dead on the couch. "Chanyeol. Stop." 

"I know you barely got back from practice thingy or whatever you call it but, come on! It's a festival." The giant slightly nudged his sore arm. 

"You do know I've been living here since I was kid and I've been through this 'Twin Moon Festival' crap every year." He was murmuring through the pillow and flailing his arms in a circular motion. Chanyeol quickly revert his hand back to prevent it from being hit hard. Jongin whimpered as he tried to emphasize to the giant that he will not go and preferred to sleep the rest of Christmas Eve. Chanyeol snorted and tugged on his sore limp arm on purpose to inflict pain on the tan boy. He laughed and Jongin reacted irritatingly by swinging a fist so near to the other's face and following after a kick that hit Chanyeol's thigh. Chanyeol screeched in pain and rolled on the floor, rubbing his leg on a curled position. Tears started to form on his large eyes and his lips quivered.

"What the hell Jongin!?"

"I should say that you jerk!" Jongin spat and massaged his tender arms. "I'm not going."

Chanyeol threw a glare at the boy and began,"You know this Tao guy came right?" Chanyeol suddenly mentioned and stood up, dusting his torn jeans. He smiled big and wide like he hadn't been hit so brutally hard by the younger boy. 

Jongin stopped massaging his temple and turned at Chanyeol, looking startled. "Really? Since when?"

Chanyeol tapped a finger on his chin and thought. "I think...Well Since the 22nd." 

"So he's been here for what? Two days?" Jongin started asking questions like bullets. 

"Yeah, why?" Chanyeol asked and blinked innocently.

Jongin breathed and stretched, falling back on the couch. "Nothing."

"So Jongin. You should get dress because we are going to the festival later!" The giant spread his arms big and wide. He smiled meekly at the tan irritated boy and of course Chanyeol walked up to him and started pulling him out of the couch. He was very well aware that the other boy would strike his leg again, he took precautions.

"I told you no! Stop acting like a kid you annoying giant!" He snatched his hand away from Chanyeol. A sudden knock however, resounded in their small living room, sparking a sign of irritation in his eyes. Chanyeol laughed obnoxiously and enjoyed annoying his best friend. Usually he loved this time of the day where he'd annoy Jongin to death and start tackling him until some vase shattered into pieces. And most often Jongin was a sweet and considerate guy, except when he's back from the dance studio. You could say he turns into a little . 

Jongin stomps his way to the door and twisted the knob and harshly to open the door. There's a cold Kyungsoo waiting up front with his arm out, reaching for the door knob that has been snatched away from his small hands. Jongin chokes on his saliva and Chanyeol laughs nervously, scratching the back of his head. 

"Hey there Kyungsoo!" Chanyeol squeaked from behind. 

"Hyung? What are you doing here?" The young boy moved aside so there was room for Kyungsoo to walk through the door. Kyungsoo grinned and flashed his heart shape lips. Jongin swallowed hard and his expression started to soften.

"I heard from Baekhyun that you came back home. I wanted to see you."

Jongin blushed. "Y-You? W-want to see me?" 

"Yes. Is there a problem?" Kyungsoo's brows began to furrow. 

Chanyeol stumbled between them and laughed loudly with his booming voice. "N-No! Of course not! This guy having a problem with you?" 

Jongin cursed quietly at the giant and pushed him lightly to the side and shooed him away so he can talk to the young man in front of him alone. Again he swallowed hard and his eyes darted from every direction. Never landing on the other's big owl like eyes. Kyungsoo smiled slightly and waited for Jongin to get settled. "Sorry about Chanyeol. He gets childish in these types of situations." 

"Oh it's fine. Most occasions at the day care he's hyperactive."

Jongin chuckled and sat on the couch. "So what brings you here?" 

Chanyeol was listening from afar while he washed the plates clean. Each time Jongin spoke to Kyungsoo it made Chanyeol giggle, giving him more ideas into teasing the younger boy. He wondered how a cheerful boy like Jongin chose interest in such a serious mature Kyungsoo. He couldn't really judge since he was in the same situation with Baekhyun. Chanyeol was a very straightforward man who knew what he wanted. He was loud and outgoing. Baekhyun, on other terms is quiet and was never so sure about anything. He doubt a lot of things and most of the time regretted his last action. Chanyeol watched Kyungsoo fiddle with his fingers while he stood in front of Jongin. 

"I have a favor." Kyungsoo ghostly whispered. It was too quiet for Chanyeol to hear causing him to scowl and click his tongue in disappointment. Chanyeol mentally cursed at the midget to talk louder. "Will you come with me to the Twin Moon Festival?"

"Yes. I have time." Jongin imediately responds and bounces to his feet. Stretching and smiling like nothing ached in his body. 

Chanyeol blinked and glared at the boy, frowning and moving his fist in every direction to express his anger. He pressed his lips tightly into a straight line and he finally stopped moving. Letting the water run, he didn't bother to turn it off and ran to Jongin, slamming him to couch. Chanyeol grabbed him on the collar shaking him strongly. Jongin grimaced at his hyung's behaivor. "How could you!" Chanyeol made crying noises and tried to form fake tears in his eyes. He shook him so hard that Jongin was going limp. "Why would you say yes to Kyungsoo and not me?" 

Jongin smirked and grabbed Chanyeol on the collar and shook him back. Kyungsoo was startled to see the two boys shaking each other. The young boy lifted his other hand and started slapping Chanyeol on both sides of the cheek. "Because it's Kyungsoo!"

Chanyeol huffed and head locked the sore boy. Another wrestling session for the two of them and Kyungsoo was able to get front seats. Kyungsoo tried to stop the boys from tumbling around but, nothing came out of his mouth. He was timid to say anything but when angered he would be classified as a grumpy old lady who'd wack anyone she saw on her lawn with her cane. Kyungsoo fueled and grabbed both of them by the ear and detached the two of them from each other. Jongin and Chanyeol yelped and felt helpless when Kyungsoo took them by the ear and almost dragged them back to the couch. Chanyeol was the most vulnerable when it came to ear pulling. His ears were already sticking out. 

"You two!" Kyungsoo glared down at the two boys. They ducked down each time Kyungsoo started scolding them. 

Chanyeol put his hands into a praying position and smiled apologetically. "Sorry chef Kyungsoo." 

The tan boy glared at the giant and muttered something under his breath. Kyungsoo stared at Jongin, flicking him dead on the forehead.

"Ow! Kyungsoo!" 

"Apologize." Kyungsoo demanded and pointed to Chanyeol who tried to look innocent. He didn't want to step on a mine bomb and get himself killed. 

Jongin hesitated and bowed 'politely' to the giant. "Sorry." 

Kyungsoo nodded with satisfaction and turned to Chanyeol who flinched and chuckled nervously. Kyungsoo flicked his forehead too. "You apologize." 

"For what?" The giant furrow's his brows.

Kyungsoo slapped himself on the forehead and whacked him behind the head. "For assaulting Jongin!" 

"Oh. Right." Chanyeol turned to him and bowed forcefully to Jongin. "Sorry for assaulting you. Jongin." He apologized in a mocking tone.

Kyungsoo crossed his arms and head towards the door. Before heading his way towards Baekhyun's house he turned back to glare at the two of them and motioned them to behave while he's gone. "You two. Get dressed. We're going into town. We'll have to get there early for a good parking spot." 

"Yes sir!" They said in sync and nodded. If they did not obey Kyungsoo, they would certainly be assaulted and choked by him. 

As soon as they heard the door close, they slumped on the chair and sighed in relief. Sitting with a scolding Kyungsoo can get them tense and stiff. Jongin laughed and nudged Chanyeol on the arm. "Isn't he cute?" 

"He treats us like the children at the center." Chanyeol sighed and laid on his hands that settled behind his head. 

Jongin crossed his legs and nodded. "Well, can't blame him." He jumps off the couch and heads to the stairs. "Better get ready before Kyungsoo starts teleporting here." 

Chanyeol nodded. Jongin began walking his way up the stairs when he started to screech in panic. Causing Chanyeol to jump off the couch and panic as well. "CHANYEOL! CHANYEOL!"

Chanyeol bounced. "What? What's happening?" 

"The sink you moron! You forgot to shut it off!" 

Chanyeol eyes shot wide, finally struck with realization. He bolted into the kitchen, quickly shutting the faucet. With the sound of the dripping water and the feeling of his feet in the water, he sighed and rubbed his neck. "This is going to be fun. Alright Twin Moon Festival, here I come." 

 

----------

 

"That's good you guys are good and ready to go." Kris smirked at the group. Baekhyun waved at the kids who sat in their car seats. Tao was lost and confused, unsure what was going on yet. He knew it was the Twin Moons Festival, but he didn't know any of the people that were with him. He heard of Luhan and Sehun, the couple that were over at the back, holding hands. And the man named Yixing and Minseok, who came from China and migrated to Korea for a better life. The rest were just strangers to him. Kris opened the door of the van and ordered them all to squish in.

Chanyeol sat next to Yejun and Jinhoon and Baekhyun sat next to Chanyeol help with the children. At the back Luhan sat on top of Sehun and Yixing forced himself between Minseok and the boy named Tao. Jongin couldn't fit so had to use his bike on the way to the town. Kyungsoo sat at the front passenger seat and looked worried for Jongin's condition. "Are you sure you'll be alright? You're tired...and you kinda look sick." 

"Yes hyung. Don't worry about me." He started to paddle away to get a head start. 

Kris started the car and stared at the mirror to watch the five boys squirm uncomfortably. Chanyeol raised his brow. "Kyungsoo. Don't you have a car?" 

Kyungsoo laughed. "About that. My tire's completely flat and I have to get it replace." 

Minseok shrugged. "That's a good enough excuse." 

Luhan chuckled and nudged Minseok on the arm. The older boy blushed at Luhan and Sehun narrowed his eyes at the two. 

"More like, he didn't want any of us in his car." Luhan snickered. 

Sehun tightened his hold on Luhan. "Can you please behave."

Luhan smiled and nodded. "Sure Sehunnie."

Kris pulled the clutch and reversed the van, heading towards the west of town. Already there were lights brightly decorated and the sound of music blasting loudly at the streets. Pink balloons floating gracefully, dancing to the wind and to the sound of wind chimes tingling in everyone's ears. Chanyeol rolled down the windows to stick his head out to catch a better look of the scenery. Chanyeol was starting to enjoy himself when Kris rolled the windows back up, giving him a warning look. The inside of the van was now cold, chilling the passengers, Jihoon wrapped his scarf tightly around himself. Yejun just clapped in joy. 

"Alright pretty boy, cut the dog act. You're sitting right next to my kids and you're over there having the time of your life, rolling down the windows. What if they get sick? I have to take care of them and I have to skip my job. What's next? I get fired." 

Luhan laughed. "Chill, these kids are strong and healthy! Besides it's not like Chanyeol would do anything stupid to get these kids sick." 

Sehun snorted. "Define stupid Luhan." 

"Hey!" Chanyeol whined. Baekhyun giggled and put a finger on his thin pink lips. Tao took a short glimpse of him and blushed slightly. To avoid getting caught off guard, he quickly averted his eyes away from the beauty and stare out the window. Kris watched Tao closely before returning his view at the road. 

"Are we almost there yet?" Yixing spoke with his accented Korean. 

Kyungsoo nodded. "We should be." He stretched his neck up and started to keep watch for where Jongin was located. He grabbed his cell phone and began dialing the kid's number. Kris chuckled. 

Parking, Chanyeol began to feel a bit restless. "Oh my God, Yejun we are here!" 

Baekhyun awkwardly set his hand on his shouldered and hushed the loud man down. They both blush and avoided eye contact with each other. Tao stared darkly at the two's ineraction. 

"Okay guys, you know the drill. Get the hell out of my car." 

One by one, everyone plopped out of the car, being greeted by people who passed out balloons to the guests. Chanyeol and Baekhyun held the kids tightly, almost looking like a family of four who just wanted to enjoy their first time together in a festival. Luhan giggled and began pulling out his camera snapping pictures of the couples who are in complete denial. Sehun crossed his arms, unsatisfied with the lack of attention he is recieving from Luhan. Kris caught the annoying Chinese man and snatched him away. "Luhan. How about you leave them be." 

Sehun gave Kris a fierce glare causing Kris to drop the arm. Luhan pouted. "They're so cute though!" 

Sehun and Kris gave each other a look and nodded in aggreement. Both grabbed Luhan by the arm and dragged him to the nearest food cart. 

Minseok, Yixing, and Tao was left confused. 

"So. What do we do now? I can't even find Kyungsoo." Minseok sighed and buried deeper into his deep red scarf. 

Yixing adjusted his ear muffs. "Well. Maybe we could walk around..." 

"Where's Baekhyun?" Tao managed to squeak. 

Yixing turned at the boy and smiled the most friendliest he could show. "Oh he left with Chanyeol."

"With who?" Tao asked. 

"You know, the tall guy, with the ears sticking out, brown hair, pretty boy." Minseok explained. 

Tao nodded." Ahh him?"

The three stood awkwardly in silence, shuffling their foot on the snow and fiddling with their fingers. Tao sighed and continued with the conversation. "So what's the deal with Baekhyun and the guy named Chanyeol?" 

Yixing shrugged his shoulder and began walking to the nearest hot chocolate street cart. The two followed him. "I think they're in some kind of high school girl crush or something." 

Minseok laughed. "Isn't it like the old times? With me and Luhan?"

Tao listened as Yixing responded to Minseok in Chinese. Being too overwhelmed by speaking the Korean language. "You used to be crazy for that man."

Minseok sighed and ordered a small coffee from the man. "You don't say. Now that I think about it, Sehun looks like he's got something under his sleeve." 

"Who's Sehun?" Tao intervene between the conversation. 

Yixing took a slow and careful sip of his hot chocolate. "Oh, Sehun is Luhan's boyfriend." 

"But, Minseok used to be in a relationship with Luhan too right?" Tao pointed out. Minseok choked on his hot coffee, hitting his chest hard. 

"Right. I was. Luhan wasn't really into me anyway. It was like an experiment. You know?" 

"Right." Yixing chuckled and stared up at the moon. The wind blew gently, making his fridge sweep cleanly to the side. 

The tall dark eyed boy was ready to hear the story of Minseok, Luhan, and Sehun. "Why'd you let Luhan go if you really liked him?"

Minseok stopped and turned his head slightly to look at Tao's interested and curious eyes. He took a deep breath. "For information I didn't just like him. I loved him. He was a great person. Kind, sweet, wonderful. It was this day when things started to change. We were both in the dance studio ready to get the time of our lives, preparing to audition. But, Luhan got into an accident from the knee and ankle, so it was canceled. Luhan now not being able to perform intense dances, just took a job as a dance instructor. Sehun dropped out of college to pursue his dream to be a dancer, and enrolled with Jongin." 

Tao listened diligently, not leaving his eyes off of the elder. Minseok continued. "Luhan of course took interest in daring youngsters. Unlike me, I was a coward, too afraid to do anything." Yixing snorted but, Minseok ignored the other's behaivor. "So I wanted to prove myself  that I can be a better man by booking a flight to China. Of course Luhan didn't understand my decision and we got into a major fight. I was pretty much sure that I made up my mind to leave Korea to go to China, so I couldn't stay back. We broke up at the airport." 

"Tough." Jongdae suddenly said out loud, scaring the living daylights of the three. Junmyeon waved meekly at the others and stuffed his hands back into his coat. 

"How long have you been there?" Minseok's voice cracked and beads of sweat suddenly rolled down his temple. 

"Long enough to hear 'I was a coward' and blah blah blah. Dude you got some terrible love life you got there. You even lost to Sehun. He's way younger than you." 

Junmyeon's vein popped and striked his assistant on the head. "Have some manners you imbecile." 

Jongdae chuckled. "Easy on the language Mr. Manager. I was just teasing." 

"More like speaking of the truth." Kris nonchalantly shrugged his shoulders. Sehun and Luhan trailed behind Kris. Luhan had that trademark smile on his face while Sehun had his frown. Minseok shot bullets of sweat. 

"Not you too." Minseok trembled. 

Kris raised both his hands up. "Your secret is safe with me." He shuffled closer to his nervous friend and whispered as quiet as he could to his ear. "They didn't hear your sad story so you're safe." 

Minseok sighed in relief while Yixing frushed his paper cup with his slender hand. Jongdae and Junmyeon greeted the others with their usual gag. 

"Hey, where's Chanyeol and Baekhyun?" Jongdae noticed and began to look around. He had to shout over the loud music and move out of the way for the crowds of people to walk through. 

Kris smirked. "You know those two. Dating. And they kidnapped my kids." 

Tao stared at Kris which the other noticed and gave him a judgeful glare. "What are you looking at?"

Tao looked away. "Nothing."

 "Alright guys. I've been trying to contact Kyungsoo and Jongin but, I can't get a hold of em'." Luhan complained. 

Sehun waved his hand. "Leave them be. They can be on their little date too you know." 

"Probably..." The dear boy murmured but, he felt something wasn't right. 

 

-----------

 

"Chanyeol-sshi, I want that balloon!" Yejun cried as he tried to reach for the balloon that got caught by the tree branches. Chanyeol frowned at the sight. Jihoon tried to convince Yejun that he could have his balloon but was rejected with a great cry. Baekhyun made up his mind to climb up the tree to retrieve the pink balloon. 

"I'll go get it for you Yejun! Don't you worry." He threw his gloves in his pocket and began to walk his way to the tree. Worried, Chanyeol reached for the other's hand. Blushing hard with strong eyes that pleaded him not to go. 

"It's dangerous. You shouldn't do it." 

Baekhyun's breath hitched as his arm went limp at the sound of his deep low voice. He stuttered. "I have to get it for Yejun."

He smiled dumbly at the petite caramel haired boy. "It's okay! I got this." 

He dropped Yejun in Baekhyun's arms and rolled up his sleeve, preparing himself to climb a tree. He had no experience into climbing trees, but he had watched enough to see how to. Placing his hands on the tree, he began to lift one of his legs onto one of the lowest branches and make his way up. Slowly he took risks into guessing which branch is strong enough to hold him up. Baekhyun and the Jihoon cringed each time they heard the branches creak. Yejun continued to whine and cry for is balloon. Large sweats formed and he his crack lips, two more branches to climb and at arm's reach, he can retrieve the balloon and jump back down. 

"Chanyeol are you sure you're okay with this?" Baekhyun yelled from below, startling the other. 

Chanyeol bobbed his head while reaching for the balloon. He missed the first and second and his heart started to beat fast when he heard the branch beginning to crack. He reached for it again but missed once again. One. Two. Three. The branch collapses and Baekhyun yelled in terror. 

"Chanyeol!"