Side Story #2: Promise Me

Pink Balloons

"So this is Zitao?" Luhan muttered and cocked his hip to the side. At the same time he rudely pointed at the raven haired boy. 

Sehun slapped the rude finger and curled an arm around his waist. He rubbed soothing circles on his hip with his thumb. Luckily, Sehun was the only one to sense the sweet venom that seeped from his mouth. "Now calm down." 

Baekhyun slowly nodded and eyed Luhan carefully. The Raven haired boy was surprised with Luhan's hostile. He knew there were some ground mines planted beneath the ground and one wrong step should do the trick to trigger an enormous blow of disaster. Zitao shouldn't have just expected a friendly handshake. 

"What part of China are you from?" Luhan suddenly spoke in Chinese.

In shock, Baekhyun and Sehun listened dumbly side by side their Chinese partners. The last time Sehun had heard Luhan spoke in Chinese was when he was being courted secretly by that deer boy. Baekhyun had never heard Tao speak in Chinese, not even his parents. Back then they usually spoke Korean in his presence and obviously spoke in their homeland language when he wasn't there. 

Luhan snorted and spoke back in Korean. "There are two more Chinese members coming. They'd be especialy glad to meet you." 

Zitao chuckled. "I'm looking forward to that."

The lock of the door sudddenly snapped and two men came walking in. Chanyeol walked in with a couple of groceries hanging from his arm and another strong arm wrapped around a paper bag. Kyungsoo trotted behind the giant with a shy grin, following after a grimace of irritation when the plastic handle breaks on him, falling on a part of his body. The most excruciating pain, coming especially from his toe. Chanyeol laughs and Kyungsoo hisses with his glossy red eyes. Almost crying. He whimpers and Chanyeol shuts up and helps him carry the bag full of cans. The squishy stays in one spot and massages his toe and the giant crouches over, examining the toe. Carefully he placed an ice pack to prevent the bruising on his toe. Jongin would certainly kill him if anything would be done on his porclein body. 

Baekhyun eyes the two and grimaces at the intimate scene. Luhan catches the act and snickers quietly to himself, giggling like a school girl. Sehun raised a brow. "Luhan?"

"Yes?" His voice was slightly high pitch and cracking on the middle of his sentence. 

"You alright?" 

"Of course!" Suddenly he leans over to his ear, whispering. "He's jealous."

Confuse Sehun's eyes lands on Baekhyun and trails over to Chanyeol who was still crouched down, looking endearingly to the other boy's eyes. Now he knows what he means by 'Of course.' At the same time he looks at Zitao who was sitting uncomfortably in front of Luhan. Again he looks at the giddy boy. "You're such a dork."

Luhan's eyes flicker to the younger. "Am I?"

Sehun grins and kisses him plain on the lips. "An adorable one too."

Zitao blushes at the scene and looks at Baekhyun for help. However he was too busy watching Kyungsoo and Chanyeol laughing quietly in the kitchen. 

The sweet smile on Luhan's lips however, falters and his arms drop to his side. Eyes mirroring a slight disappointment. Sehun frowns. "What's wrong?"

He hums. "I was thinking." There was a brief pause and the young boy scoots closer to the deer boy. "You should go back to school."

Though he was taken aback from the sudden statement, he opens his mouth to respond but, was interruppted by a loud clattering of plates coming from the kitchen. Kyungsoo shrieked in frustration and Chanyeol laughs again loudly. From afar he could hear Chanyeol's quiet words of "Someone's clumsy, all mighty chef." and "Squishy Satan has returned from the Underworld." Baekhyun's lips formed into a straight line and Tao realizes that the boy is jealous. 

Luhan's eyes still hasn't averted from his and this time this man was determine for an answer. Sehun nods. "I am." 

"Finish college."

Sehun swallows hard. "I will. For you and the future." 

"You know you're lucky you actually skipped a year in high school." He grabs him by the shoulder and grips him tightly. "You're too smart to do this to yourself. If I was smart enough, I would have finished school instead be a dance instructor," 

Sehun stares at his lover and again Luhan continues. "Jongin must be jealous of you." 

"Not really." He laughs whole heartedly. "He actually teases me." 

"Promise me." Luhan brings back the serious atmoshpere. Sehun swallows hard. "Promise me, you'll go back to school. Not just for me. But, for you." 

Again, he nods and squeezes his hand with his larger ones. "I will." 

The smile returns from the older boy's lips and this time the wrinkles were appearing from the edges of his doe eyes. People may complain about early wrinkles, but Sehun finds this quite cute. He brushes the golden haired boy's hair aside and kisses him on the forehead. Softly pressing his lips against his forehead and closes his eyes, cupping both of his cheeks. 

"I love you." Luhan says quietly enough for Sehun to hear. 

He smiles. "I love you too." 

 

 

"I'd like to say." Jongdae mutters to Junmyeon. "You're interesting."

Junmyeon snorts and straightens his t-shirt. It's been a while since he worn one. "You mean as interesting as my credit card? Not happening again Jongdae."

"No that's not what I mean." Jongdae was never this serious before and Junmyeon was now curious to see where the source of emotion was coming from. He was all ears for what the man wanted to say. "I mean. I know I'm annoying."

Junmyeon screams in his head. Not just annoying, he thought, extremely irritating. Jongdae continued again. "Why...why are you so patient with me? Usually people would curse me off or even knock me out. But you? You don't curse, you don't do anything." 

The man chuckles. "Let's just say. You're my assistant manager. You're not a bad man. You just don't take things seriously. Why should I do that to you when you've done no harm?"

Jongdae feels his eyes begin to well. Playfully he made a crying voice just to avoid getting caught crying. "You're better than Kris." 

There was silence between them and to break it Jongdae speaks again. "I like you. I like you.

"Is this a confession I hear?" Junmyeon laughs like it's a joke. Jongdae flinches. "Remember. I'm boss, you're worker. Plus saying that won't get me to give you my credit card." 

Jongdae bitterly laughs along. "Yeah. It didn't work." 

 

 

"Yixing." Minseok called him over, next to the door with the address 5098. "Bring the pack of coffee over. I want them to be the first to try the sample." 

"Okay." He jogs toward the man with a total of two packs with 6 coffees on each pack. "Are you sure it tastes alright?"

Minseok laughs. "Of course. I promise. I actually like this." 

"Oh." 

"Ready?" Minseok asks with his fist up and ready to knock on the door. Yixing doesn't know why Minseok always asks him if he's alright or not. He isn't sure if it meant a good thing either. He feels like a child when he's with Minseok. It's alright in his opinion. It was starting to become a usual thing rather than a strange habit. The Chinese man nods. 

Three knocks, vibrating under his large battered knuckles. Who ever opens the door glances at his knuckles and makes a gurgling noise. Chanyeol came behind and was surprise to see the red scraped painted knuckles. Minseok shuffles and brings his hand behind his back. Yixing pulls the pack of coffee cups up to their face to distract them from asking anymore questions with what happen to 'his knuckles.' 

"Oh is this coffee?" Luhan pops behind Chanyeol and waves immediately at Minseok and says his greetings to Yixing. 

"No Luhan." Sehun stands by him. "It's hot cocoa."

He hadn't sense the sarcasm in his voice and groans in disappointment. "Awe man."

Dense as ever, Minseok thought and shuffled awkwardly inside, his hands buried deeply in his pockets. Yixing trailed behind the older boy, watching him carefully. Again Chanyeol looks suspiciously at the small man and quietly asks him to the kitchen. Minseok follows. Yixing becomes worried and another person knocks on the door. It was Kris with his children and not long after Jongdae comes banging on the door and almost knocking it down. Junmyeon walked in without his suit for the first time and Kyungsoo jokes about it. "Laundry day much?" 

Junmyeon raises his brow. "Swollen toe much?" 

"Shut up."

"Okay Squishy Satan from the Underworld."

"Why does everyone call me that?" Kyunsoo cried.

"Because, no one is as scariest as you. Not even Kris. You can put him in a leash." Chanyeol bellows from the kitchen. Kyungsoo narrows his eyes and curses at him mentally. 

Yixing sits on the floor. "Where's Jongin?"

"He stayed behind. Audtion is coming." Sehun happily answered his question, scratching his foot. 

"Oh? And who's that?" 

Baekhyun smiles half-heartedly. "This is Zitao."

Zitao smiles. "Hi." 

"Chinese?" Yixing replies happily and excitedly. Zitao seems to catch Kris's attention. 

"Yes."

They continue to speak in Chinese and everyone was confuse except for Jongdae and for Minseok who was all the way in the kitchen trying to avoid Chanyeol's questions. 

 

"Now tell me." Chanyeol leans on the conunter with his arms crossed. Minseok stood in front of him nervously. 

"You aren't wearing your glasses." 

"Don't change the subject Minseok-hyung." Chanyeol said sternly. 

Minseok flinches. "I...I got into a fight."

"No kidding." 

"With a family member and I punched the wall instead of my brother's face. Embrassing right" 

I don't judge you. Just be careful alright."

"Promise." 

 

__________

a/n: Yeah. Side post. Not much. Just so much random stuff put together.