Done

울지마요 (This Time)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“May I speak with your manager?”

I inwardly sighed, wishing this lady would just leave already and stop complaining about everything. I had already taken her food back to the cook twice because it wasn’t to her precise liking. Then I made the mistake of not realizing my shoelace was untied and I tripped, dumping all of the food out. The woman shrieked even though the food hadn’t even touched her or her company who had already finished her meal and was watching with a weary expression.

“Sorry.” I bowed halfheartedly once again before going into the back to fetch the manager. I knew it was probably not best that I be doing that, that I needed the job, but half of me didn’t care if I was fired. I hated being a waiter so much, anyway. I thought about trying to go back to work at the old cafe, maybe the manager would give me another chance.

“Lady out front wants to speak with you,” I told the manager who was overseeing the cooks in the kitchen.

The old man looked at me with displeasure. “What did you do this time?” he asked while making his way to the door.

I shrugged. “It was accident,” I barely defended.

The manager scoffed. “Always is, huh?”

I led him to the two friends, the one with the sour look spotting us and scowling at me before she looked at the manager. “I have been to the restaurant more times than I have seen my in-laws and never have I ever had such terrible service. If you want my visits to continue, I suggest you get rid of this good-for-nothing,” she spat.

The manager bowed deeply, his hands clasped together. “I understand and I am deeply sor...”

My ears tuned out as I stood with my hands behind my back, just waiting for it to be over so I could go home. I was exhausted, even more so since I had been awake all night with Sehun and Tao who continued to annoy the living daylights out of me. Not to mention I had a minor headache from the alcohol they had given me. I think they wanted me to forget for a while, but it only made it worse and I scarcely remember breaking down on the street when I took the trash out. Dumb and Dumber had already passed out and were sleeping soundly in my living room floor while I was sitting on the cold, snow covered ground, crying like a little girl.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter