Nightmare

울지마요 (This Time)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Baby, please,” I pleaded, still having not a clue what I had done. But, no matter how many times I begged, she shoved me away, tears still falling down her red cheeks.

“Do you not get it?” she cried out, choking on her tears not long after the words left her tongue. She covered her face with her delicate hands that I had repeatedly tried to hold in hopes of calming her down; she only continued to shove me away like my other attempts of soothing my broken girlfriend.

I still remained clueless. “Get what? What’s wrong? Tell me.” I pulled at her hands, trying to get a view of her face. She pulled her hands down and stared up at me. She had stopped crying but the tears still covered her face.

“You never get it,” she whispered, pushing herself away from the kitchen counter and starting for the door.

“Babe-” I hurried after her, my socks slipping on my tiled floor. I reached her as she pulled her jacket off the coat rack. “I’m never going to get it if you don’t help me out,” I protested.

“I shouldn’t have to help you out, Kyungsoo!” she hollered, buttoning her coat up. She burst into another round of sobbing and leaned against the wall of my foyer. “I’m so tired of feeling like this,” she murmured, hanging her her.

I could feel my own tears as I inched forward, cautious of every move I made. My heart thumped and ached seeing her like this. I wanted to hug her and pat her back and make the tears stop.

But I woke up too soon.

Rolling over, I blinked slowly at my bedside clock. 4:03AM. Of course, same time at the night before, and the night before that. Maybe give or take a few minutes, but I woke up once again. This was the first time my restlessness was accompanied with a nightmare, however. It could’ve been my mind playing tricks on me, because it wasn’t rare, but there was a dull ache in my chest. I liked the think it was my heart; that it was yearning for her. My mind sure was.

Aware that it was pointless to lie in bed, uselessly staring at the ceiling, I got up and pulled on warmer clothing. The temperature was t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter