I Belong Only To You

Shattered Love

Chapter 10 : I Belong Only To You

Jong Suk curls under the bed sheet and pulls the cover over his head. He hears the front door open and slam shut. Must be Hyoyeon he thinks, pulling his legs closer to his chest. He doesn’t have the energy nor the will to slip out of that bed and huddle down the stairs to see a—very obviously—girl fuming with anger. He imagines her quick steps striding up the stairs, yanking the door open into his room and hurling the blanket off him to give him a good smack on the head. But to his surprise, the door creaks open, almost with no noise and clicks shut after a moment. There is no sign of any one around and Jong Suk feels a chill spike through his spine, the hair on his neck jerking up. Mina had told him a story some months ago about a girl who had strangled herself to death in the basement of this house and how her spirit still lingers around waiting for the man who yanked her to such fate. Jong Suk had brushed it off as a silly story Mina had invented to scare him, but now he can feel the fear. He holds his breath, afraid to make even a slightest noise. He doesn’t know how long it has been, but when he hears someone’s steps creak toward him he let the breath escape loudly.

Jong Suk peeks his head out of the airless shelter under the blanket to find the last person he had expected to see standing there right next to his bed. His eyes widen and he jolts up.

“W—Woo Bin-ah…”

Without a word Woo Bin seizes his arms around Jong Suk’s shoulders, hurling him onto his chest. He squeezes the boy until his breath almost completely leaves his lungs.

“W-Woo B-in-ah…I can’t breathe” Jong Suk whimpers. Woo Bin’s grasp loosen very slightly, just enough not to crash Jong Suk’s lungs any further, but he doesn’t let go of him.

“Why did you disappear like that?” Woo Bin’s husky voice wafts against his neck sending a shiver down his spine. It has been a while since he last felt that feeling, and perhaps that’s why he feels the urge to shift closer to this warmth. For a moment he forgets the reason he had to hide here in the first place, and he actually snuggles into Woo Bin’s arms.

“I missed you” Woo Bin’s voice shakes notably as he mumbles. “I didn’t know where to find you…I was going crazy. God” Jong Suk feels Woo Bin’s arms tighten around his back, closing the tiniest gap between them, if there was any. “No one would tell me where you were. I went to every single place I could think of but there was no sign of you. Do you have any idea what I went through? Why did you run away at the studio?”

Jong Suk jerks away from the hug. The momentary loss of his pain floods back in like a storm. That’s right, the studio…he was freaking kissing that woman and now he is asking why I ran away? Is he really playing with my feelings?

“Go away” he mutters as the unwanted memories flashes across his mind.

“Sukie…” Woo Bin seems to be taken aback.

“Don’t call me that. It makes me sick!” Jong Suk feels the sting invades back to his eyes. They become blurry with the hot tears surfing in no time. Why did Woo Bin have to appear now? Was he going to say something like ‘it was part of Woo Bin’s life. Kissing Ji-Ahn is normal for Woo Bin. But the one sitting here is Hyun-Joong, not Woo Bin’ again? Jong Suk knows he doesn’t have the will or the strength to handle any more of those explanations. Whether it’s Kim Woo Bin or Kim Hyun-Joong, they are the same person and that is a fact. They are both just two names for the same soul, the same body, the same heart. Both of them breathe the same breath. Jong Suk doesn’t want to hear any more excuses. He must have been blinded by love to accept that Kim Hyun-Joong belonged to him while Kim Woo Bin belonged to Ji-Ahn; but he is no longer though.

“I don’t want any more of your explanations” Jong Suk feels his heart sinking in despair as he mouths the words “Go back to your girlfriend and leave me the alone!” He jumps out of the bed hoping to go lock himself in the bathroom until Woo Bin leaves, but he is pulled back by strong grip around his wrist.

“Listen to me first” Woo Bin’s voice has become firm, it is almost demanding with a hint of anger. As if on cue, Jong Suk’s gaze automatically wanders off to find Woo Bin’s. His eyes have turned red and his breathes hisses in the silent room. His gritted teeth say he is holding in whatever it is he is feeling right now. It has been a while since Jong has seen this kind of a Woo Bin, perhaps almost a year now. But he doesn’t feel the need to give in to Woo Bin’s demands. Why does he have to listen to him when he has clearly seen all he wanted to see?

“Let go of my hand” Jong Suk twists his hand out of Woo Bin’s grasp as he hisses with pain strangling around the wrist. He hold the finally freed hand as he observes the red mark bruised into his flesh.

“I broke up with her” Woo Bin’s words sinks into his ears, it sends a tingle of electricity down to his heart. He jerks his head back, catching those sharp eyes in his.

“I broke up with her” Woo Bin repeats as if to make sure Jong Suk understood what he was saying. “I never dated her to begin with”

“W—What?” Jong Suk doesn’t think he is following him anymore. Sure he can understand that Woo Bin is saying he has broken up with his girlfriend. But what does he mean by he never dated her? Is he trying to make up some other excuse?

Woo Bin reaches for Jong Suk’s hands hanging lifelessly on the bed. He gently holds them in his grip as he draws imaginary circles on the back of Jong Suk’s hands with his thumbs.

“I am sorry I never clearly explained the things to you” Woo Bin starts, catching Jong Suk’s stunned eyes in his. “I never dated her for real. It was all business”

Jong Suk is too confused to say anything. He just sits there staring at Woo Bin’s eyes, trying to find some kind of a hint to suggest that he is either lying or fooling with him; but he finds none, and that only confuses him further.

“You remember that after ‘School 2013’ was over we were regarded as couple right?”

Jong Suk nods slightly at the question. He doesn’t know where this is going, but he is going to find out soon enough.

“There were a lot of rumours about us dating and being a real life couple. Then there was no Woo Bin without a Jong Suk and vice versa. So my agency wanted me to be independent; an actor who is recognised for my skills, not as Jong Suk’s other half. That’s why they started this whole dating thing”

“Wait, what?” Jong Suk interrupts him, “You are saying that you dating her has been just a lie to rid of the rumours about us?”

“Well that was one of the reasons. They didn’t want me being branded as gay or anything. So the best thing was to date a girl right? I didn’t have any reason to oppose their decision. It was just a business deal. I mean it’ll help me reach further into the career as an individual recognised for my talent, and it would help the not so known model get some fame which helps her career. So neither of us had any reason to reject the idea and s—”

“Then why did you kiss her?”

“I didn’t kiss her, you w—”

Jong Suk cuts him off. “Are you trying to say that I was hallucinating?”

“No, you weren’t hallucinating” he says “But I wasn’t the one who kissed her, and you never gave me a chance to explain what happened”

“Then explain. Now” Jong Suk waits for him to continue.

“Out of nowhere she jumped on me and kissed me. I was taken by surprise. I never expected her to do something like that. And you just walked in at the same time. God, it was a mess that day. Do you have any idea how scared I was?”

“Sacred of what?” his voice comes out much louder and sharper than he wanted it to be, He feels those tears burning behind his eyes finally breaking free as he continues “Someone finding that I was running like some heartbroken girl who had seen her lover kissing some other ?” Jong Suk doesn’t know why, but his words sound too venomous to his own ears. He doesn’t want to speak like this, he just wants to wrap his arms around his lover and pull him into a long kiss and forget all this crap that has been eating away at his heart. But his mind never agreed with anything his heart wanted. His cheeks warms up to the invading liquid running along, they drip at his chin and falls onto his lap.

“God no!” Woo Bin says, reaching up and brushing way the tears staining his face. His voice has become soft, like the day he confessed to Jong Suk, it hold a meaningful gentleness and something more, something that lurches at Jong Suk’s heart, sending wave after wave of butterflies in his stomach.

“I was scared that you’d get into an accident or something” he says, holding Jong Suk’s eyes in his “Because I know that when you are in pain, when you are angry and feel lost, no one to turn to, you tend to lose your mind. I was scared something will happen to you. So I ran after you but I couldn’t get out of the building because I was swarmed by some crazy fans. Then when I went to your house, you weren’t there. No one will tell me where you were” Woo Bin sighs as he pulls Jong Suk into his chest. “I missed you like crazy. I wanted to see you, hold you close to me until I am sure that you are there with me. I wanted to kiss you senseless until all those hurtful memories washes away from you. I wanted to hold you in my arms until you are confident that I, both Kim Woo Bin and Kim Hyun-Joong, belongs to you and you alone.” He releases his grip and looks into Jong Suk’s eyes, “I missed you a lot Sukie” he snakes his arms gently around Jong Suk’s waist, pulling him so close that their lips almost touched. His brown eyes dance with an odd light—relief maybe.

“Right now” Woo Bin’s soft words brushes against his lips, “I really want to kiss you…” his eyes falls onto the soft pinkness of Jong Suk’s lips and back to his doe eyes as if asking for permission.

Jong Suk feels his heart’s wishes taking over his stubborn mind. He smiles as he rolls his eyes. He reaches up and wraps his arms around Woo Bin’s neck.

“Then what are you waiting for?”

Woo Bin laughs quietly and moves his head slightly as he places a gentle kiss on Jong Suk’s eyes, he kisses away the trails of tears that had stained down Jong Suk’s cheeks and looks into those beautiful bright eyes one last time before meeting his lips with his own. Jong Suk can really taste him now—sweet like orange candy, but a little bit bitter like dark chocolate. The kiss last longer and Jong Suk pulls away first in need for air. Woo Bin smiles and inches away, enough to get a better view at his lovers face. They both giggle looking at their blushing selves.

 

AN: (>_<) I don't eel happy about this chapter...I couldn't get much feeling when I wrote this and I feel like I'm loosing it!

But hope you will enjoy it though... Let me know what you thought ^_^