Prologue .... Actually

Mr. Kim Jongin Chronicles: I'm Not Hitting On My Boss

“Anything! I mean, yeah, I need money, in desperate need of it. Do you know any work?” I ask, desperately. My family is going to starve. My older brother is a braggart, a drunkard and is worthless; he has two sons and a daughter and he has no work. I stand to be the mother of them and I just push away my brother because he is of no use in my home.

 

“Well, Joo-yeon, you know how you always end up being fired after causing much disaster to your work. I can’t afford being reprimanded again for something I didn’t do. You always promise this way and end up not doing your promise. I don’t think,” Mr. Park Jung-soo says and I cut him off saying
“Sir, I mean it this time. Please, I don’t want to disgrace myself anymore. People think I’m some kind of illiterate person and I want to prove them wrong.”
“If you want to prove them that, stop being ingenuous,” he says harshly. I guess I was being a big clueless girl saying I can do things that I can’t. “There is one thing I know, well, I think it can suit you and it is easy work. Are you sure you want this?”
“Well, it’s the first time I’m asking, what work is it?”
“You’ll be accompanying the son of one of the wealthiest businessmen here. So, what do you say?”Child work, I thought. I can deal with children; well, my niece and nephews find me fun to be with, so it won’t be a bad thing.
“I’ll take the job sir! I will not promise anymore, I will do my best to keep my job and to keep you from being reprimanded because of me. I won’t fail you sir,” I say gladly, shaking his hand. I have to put my effort in this and I won’t be pushed around anymore, hopefully.

 

So, this is what I am into? Some kind of work where you accompany, get paid and you find another job because it’s not permanent? I’ll be at my best form since I’m dealing with a child. I check my teeth in front of the mirror, looking here, looking there. Gah, my cheeks are going to burst; they’re plump, but not fat. I smile in front of the mirror. How the heck do I look through a child’s eyes? Disgusting? Old? A pretty noona or unnie? Or does “son” mean a guy older than me? If it is, I can’t back out now. Good luck me! Hopefully I won’t fall and die.