Chapter 06

Girls, they love me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Alright, if there are no more questions, then all of you are okay to go”

 

Crystal quickly packs her bag although the throbbing headache still causes her to have double visions here and there. She needs to go for the job because she already accepted the money and furthermore, signed the contract with her boss. Shoving everything into her bag, she pushes her chair away and noticed how Mark’s jacket still remains abandoned on the floor.

 

No matter what, at least he has the heart to offer it…

 

Crystal uses one hand to support her weak body and the other hand to pick up the jacket. She made a few pats to dust off the dirt stain and began folding it up nicely before placing it on her own table. She throws Mark a silent glance and he caught her look. He wasn’t looking exactly pleased with Crystal’s sudden push and unexpected pull or the casual on and off behavior towards him. It was driving him insane because he wants to know what this girl is thinking.

 

Seeing no reaction or response from the elder male, she walked away so that she wouldn’t be late for work. Mark wanted to ask but stops himself because of that pride he holds onto so dearly. He caught on how she walked as though her legs were a burden and her body sways and trembled slightly.

 

Where? You’re unwell…

 

The words just left hanging inside his mouth and he slumps his shoulders when Crystal was no longer in sight. He wanted to ask where she’s going, wanted to ask if she’s feeling okay, wanted to ask if she needed his help. Mark was mad at his own indecisive behavior because it wasn’t like him to behave so and how could a mere beggar girl have such huge impact on him. He figured it was the guilt that triggered this behavior that he has never ever seen before.

 

Guilt, just guilt. Nothing more nothing less.

 

“Hyung! Hyung! Ahjusshi says the diamond is here today”

 

“I’ll give it a miss”

 

“Ouh hyung…”

 

Mark showed Jaebum a determined look and patted his shoulders to show that he wasn’t in the mood to visit ahjusshi’s place. He had important stuff to handle and that important stuff was dangerous.

 

“Hyung… Did he… call you to go back today?”

 

“Mwoh!? Mark hyung…”

 

“Hyung, we can accompany you if you need us”

 

Mark smiled an appreciative smile to his dongsaengs but shook his head, rejecting their kind offer. He desperately wanted them to come along but if they really did, they would be injured too because the one Mark is dealing with, is as deadly as hell.

 

“Hyung, take care”

 

--

 

“Jaebum hyung, do you think Mark hyung will be fine?”

 

Jaebum stood still for a moment longer than needed. He didn’t know how to answer to YoungJae’s question. They were worried but they knew Mark wouldn’t want them to intervene. Because this was his family business, if they intercepted, the business partnership between their family and Mark’s would be cut off. If that happens, they would be enemy against each other in the stockholder-business world.

 

“He’ll be okay… we’ll all be okay”

 

Jaebum hoped his words were right and could only pray that Mark could just come back safely…

 

“Do ryeo nim! Come in, come in!”

 

“We’re not in the mood today, just give us a private room with no one else”

 

“A-ah, yes yes!”

 

The bald man rolled his eyes and spat on the carpeted floor once the boys were in the private room. If it wasn’t for their money, he wouldn’t have to bow down and be all respectful to them.

 

“Crystal! Private room’s order”

 

“Yes sir”

 

My first customer…

 

She plastered on a sweet smile and straightens her back with much difficulty because of her feverish and weak body. She must do well and secure the job; it’s the only way for her to pay off the pili

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter