Chapter 39

Girls, they love me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark walked down the stairs in their hideout space very slowly, the steps echoed through the spacious room and as if mimicking his own emotions. He couldn’t understand the way his mind is working right now, he should have been delighted to get back with Crystal but… there was something hitting his heart. As if reminding him the pain he had caused to himself and the girl.

 

He reaches the final step of the stairs, heaving a sigh. Be it a sigh of relief or a sigh because of the new guilt and worries in him, at least the situation he has dreaded is now solved.

 

“Hyung…”

 

Mark turned to the maknae’s voice, sounding crisp and semi tone. He looked up absentmindedly, his mind still in thoughts about the girl. Mark then sees his dad, leaning back against the sofa with the same old stern expression on his face. He hasn’t seen his dad since the Suzy incident and this time round, he sees the visibility of the wrinkles on his dad’s forehead.

 

“Mark, the marriage is off and our company is saved.”

 

That was all Mr. Tuan said and worse still, Mark couldn’t even find the least bit of happiness in his father’s tone or those dark grey eyes.

 

“Wae?”

 

Mark asked, copying the same expression and returned it with a frown. The conversation paused for a stiff second before Mr. Tuan shifted slightly and began speaking,

 

“Mr. Bae immigrated to America and the contract was denied its value because so. We manage to get Eclipse bank for the funds.”

 

Jackson exchanged looks with the members. Suzy is gone too, they queried themselves and that was so unexpected but yet not so surprising to know. They were speechless, and this, reminded them the fact that they were dealing with one of the highest rank businessman in the society. What couldn’t Mr. Bae do for his precious daughter?

 

The room turned a little suffocating when no one speaks. Mark is used to the silence with his dad but something seems to be pushing Mr. Tuan as he shifts yet again and then look up to see those miserable eyes of his son.

 

He wondered if his son inherited those eyes of his. Or those were the eyes that reflected his own ones after Mark’s mother died. He sincerely hoped Mark would understand his intention but he didn’t know he was pushing him too much and too forceful.

 

Mark swallowed nothing but the action made him feel better dealing with the stiff stillness. Mr. Tuan stood up suddenly, as a signal for him to leave and though it was small, he had hoped to have the courage to hug his son.

 

How nice would that be? He thought but immediately erased the alleged when Mark walked pass him and away to the other end of the sofa, leaning his back against it and closed his eyes like how he always does when he’s mindful of something but doesn’t want to show it.

 

Disappointment wouldn’t be enough to explain what Mr. Tuan felt. He only had himself to blame for pushing the son away when the poor boy needed his father the most. And he left, with his business case on one hand and the other hanging awkwardly at the other side. Mr. Tuan didn’t look back nor did he make any comments.

 

 

 

“HanBin hyung…”

 

DongHyuk probed but then stops himself from asking more by covering his mouth with both his hands. HanBin has a hole in his heart; the emptiness creeps up and threatens to engulf him. He feels despondent because of the fact that he couldn’t be with the girl anymore now that the episode is solved. But still, the justice part of him encouraged him that what he did was the right thing. He wouldn’t be able to stay with the girl because of her sadness.

 

He wants to laugh along with her but it c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter