Chapter 35

Girls, they love me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Gomawo…”

 

Crystal whispered very softly when they were leaving the shop. She was glad that HanBin was there because if he wasn’t, she couldn’t have imagined how bad she’ll end up. But then again, his presence and these continuous actions only made it easier for HanBin to sway her heart.

 

Was her heart swayed?

 

“Aniya, don’t mention it.”

 

The boy merely smiled and waved it off. They walked in awkward silence, the comfort they used to have was no longer there ever since HanBin had confessed to her. The clouds were clear and visible even though it was already night time. Looking up, Crystal reminisces about the times, the days she used to have but now gone so mercilessly.

 

“Don’t trust Suzy. She’s not what you think she is.”

 

As if it was the wind, it broke the silence and caught her attention abruptly. Looking over to HanBin, she didn’t bother to ask why but continue to stare at him, waiting for him to speak.

 

“She…”

 

HanBin pauses because he was struggling. Struggling to keep it to himself and be greedy just this once so that he could be with the girl when she’s upset. But seeing how lost and broken Crystal was, HanBin realized he couldn’t do it anymore.

 

He didn’t want to be with her because of her sadness but because of her happiness.

 

“She lied to you. She’s the one that set up the plot and made Mark misunderstand your situation. They are fiancé and fiancée for real…”

 

HanBin drew a sharp breath in and halts all movement but kept on looking at the girl. He was ready to catch her if she crumbles no matter how wounded he himself was feeling. Crystal’s heart was drumming loudly and her hands were clench into fists unknowingly. She wanted to speak but the words never left and when her eyes met HanBin’s, she swallowed the words away because his eyes were filled with misery and disappointment.

 

He’s waiting for my answer…

 

It was a moment of comprehendible silent because they felt the same pain, same sorrow. Crystal shuns away from HanBin’s gaze and the moment she did, it broke his heart. But to Crystal, it was an instant she couldn’t accept that easily. There were so many questions revolving in her mind and the one she wanted to ask so much was – how did HanBin know?

 

HanBin feign laughter in order to ease the tension and burden that’s creeping out. He buries his hand into his pocket and took out an mp3 player. Hesitating for just a second, he then pushes it towards the girl, hinting her to take it.

 

“Pass it to Mark, I recorded Suzy’s plot.”

 

HanBin shrug when Crystal shot up to look at him, unable to be certain of this whole condition. The girl frowns because she didn’t know any other ways to react, there were so much that’s confusing her and then the sudden outburst of this doesn’t help her in remaining calm.

 

“H-how…?”

 

Crystal asked and kept her eye to that mp3 player, not taking it as she wasn’t sure what to do with it even though HanBin had clearly told her to pass it to Mark.

 

“She has a bad record back in our school… and it just doesn’t seem right for me to stand still watching you break down due to her.”

 

HanBin mention as if it was a matter of fact that he should be doing something like this, something like being able to protect her when others couldn’t and being there for her when she needed someone to. With another push, he cues the girl to take the m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter