Chapter 25

Girls, they love me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Tell me… Did you know it was me all along!?”

 

Mark frown at the girl and the taste of anger and betrayal was all that he tasted. If she knew, why didn’t she tell him when they first met?

 

“I-I thought you knew. I’m sorry but please…”


“Please…!?”

 

Mark grew impatient and agitated, glaring hard at the girl, he waited for her response. Whatever it is, this is nothing Mark can accept. The fact that he was used as a bet to save their company and that Suzy never once reveals it to him despite knowing it all along.

 

“Mark… W-we can fake this into a show!”

 

He flustered and blink a few times at the embarrass girl. Does she even know what this meant? Mark asks himself in his mind. There were just too many thoughts revolving around him and he turned with his back against her, his hands on his forehead because of the overwhelming news. Taking the brief moment to settle down his mind, he breathes in deeply and prepares for the upcoming situation he’s going to face.

 

“Suzy… You know it’s impossible. Crystal and I ar…”

 

“She will understand! I’ll explain it to her… Please, I don’t want to rebel my father, I only have a year left…”

 

She cut his words in impatience and sobs silently. Suzy quivered very slightly because of the low temperature in the restaurant. She has already expected the kind of answer Mark would be giving. Her words were muffled by her crying and Mark couldn’t help but to push away the anger he was feeling just a few minutes ago.

 

“Suzy… You know I can’t.”

 

“LEUKEMIA! Leukemia…”

 

Her words were loud and high pitch, directed to Mark that still has no idea how frustrated the girl was actually feeling.

 

Suzy could hear some of the bustling sound of people’s words in the restaurant. Good thing they aren’t near the open area of the restaurant. The moment pause a bit longer than needed and Mark’s eyes rounded and his frown settled into a normal curve. Surprise and pity could be seen on his face and the elder male opens his mouth but to close it again when nothing came out.

 

“I’m suffering from leukemia…”

 

“Suzy…”

 

“WILL YOU STOP! With the pity and agree… to this!?”

 

She realizes it’s no use shouting to get the points over to him. Her hands were outstretch, palm facing up as if requesting Mark to comprehend the difficult plight she’s in.

 

Her makeup was smudge and Suzy hadn’t had a care with how ugly she looked. Her tears, once sparkling clear now turned black because of the eyeliner and her rosy cheek faded, no longer presenting the bubbly girl Mark know of. It was a horrible sight in the sense that Mark thought if the girl is lifeless, she would probably look like this and hell… He suddenly became aware of how much pain Suzy has gotten through.

 

“I-We’ll explain it to Crystal. Just an act, nothing more… Please…?”

 

Mark has no definite answer to Suzy’s request. It doesn’t seem right for him to do it and fake this show just for his father and Suzy. But then again, if he doesn’t do it…

 

“I-I already told Crystal about it! Yesterday…!”

 

Mark spun around and his eyes rounded because of the astonishment. Staring at the girl penetratingly, he waited to see if she’s able to come up with explanation. The situation is going out of hand and the last thing he wants it to happen is for Crystal to know.

 

“She said she’s okay with it!”

 

Suzy straighten her back and caught Mark’s intense gaze. The sudden flow of confidence supported her and she manages the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter