Chapter 24

Girls, they love me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Crystal?”

 

The both of them were each holding onto an ice cream flavor. Crystal took a mouthful while looking at Suzy patiently.

 

“How is it like to love Mark?”

 

Crystal choked on her ice cream because the question was too much for her to handle. It came too fast and her mind couldn’t seem to find the correct way to deal with this surprise.

 

“W-wae?”

 

Suzy smiled upon seeing Crystal’s flustered look. Shaking her head, Suzy’s smile then fades into a thin line as she turns her gazes to look at the two old couple that’s sitting in front of them, the grandma has her head laid on the shoulder of the grandpa and the scene was so peaceful.

 

“I don’t know, I guess I needed the answer myself…”

 

Crystal stops her eating and looked at Suzy with concern. The bubbly friend she normally see wasn’t there anymore and right at that moment, Crystal could actually sense that this girl had something to say but she isn’t revealing. Crystal looks up to see what Suzy is watching at so intently and then turned back to her.

 

“Suzy…? If you want to share what’s troubling you, I’m here.”

 

Suzy heaves a sigh, a thick and shaky one and then shuts her eyes tight while biting her lips. She hesitated whether to say it or not, Crystal could see the inner struggles she’s going through and places a hand on her shoulder for comfort.

 

“My dad… wants me to marry someone I don’t know.”

 

“Hmm!?”

 

She couldn’t believe what Suzy just said, arranged marriage at this century? Her eyes rounded and Crystal was at wits end, not knowing what she should do or say to help the poor girl. Upon hearing the news, Crystal took a closer look at Suzy and realize her eyes were watery but Suzy noticed Crystal’s stare and blinked her eyes furiously, trying her best not to show that she’s crying.

 

“I’m suffering from Leukemia and my dad hopes that this person I’m marrying… can take care of me from now on. But I-I…”

 

Suzy pause her sentence as the overwhelming feel of frustration and desperate engulfs her. Her hands fall freely to her lap at the thought and the both of them were surrounded by a silent of sadness.

 

“Oh god… Suzy-yah.”

 

Crystal hugged her because it seems like the only right thing to do. How merciless could fate be to play with people’s life? Crystal could perfectly understand the kind of frustration Suzy probably had and it was tough to actually act so cheerfully and bright in front of strangers but then break down when you’re all alone facing this pile of mess.

 

“Crystal, gomawo…”

 

“Aniya, don’t cry. Maybe he’s the one for you and you’ll come to realize that.”

 

Suzy gave a faint nod and wiped away her falling tears. Crystal didn’t know what was it but upon looking at Suzy’s tears, she could painfully see some of herself, the pain of struggling through all the darkness.

 

But now that Crystal has survived through all the hardships, perhaps it would be so for Suzy as well. Isn’t there a saying? when there’s a will, there’s a way.

 

--

 

Saturday morning and Mark sighs at the thought of the meet up his father mentioned previously. Straightening his tie, he took one last look at his mirroring image before leaving their private space.

 

“Mark hyung… Take care.”

 

Bambam spoke when Mark was about to leave. Mark didn’t reply because the end result would always be the same. He instead, nodded and wave Bambam off before shutting the door close.

 

Mark and his father were seated in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter