Chapter 4

Kai's Precious Babies

 

 

 

Day six

It has been exactly six days since we came to live here. Kai-san has insisted that we call him mama, but I still find that a bit much. There are moments when I think this could finally be it; we’ve finally found a place where we belong and won’t ever have to go back, but I’m still not entirely sure. Kai-san is extremely kind and caring and I’m sure he would never do anything to harm us, and I’m sure Reita is the same, but sometimes he’s just too cold, like he doesn’t want us here.

But, maybe I’m just reading too much into this or I’m just flat out paranoid.

 

 Yup, that’s probably it.

---

I closed my laptop and set it in the bottom left drawer of my new desk. I locked it and stuck the key in my pocket. Yes, I know; is that really necessary? Well yes, yes it is. I have to constantly keep my things under lock and key and it's all thanks to Aiko and her inability to keep her nose out of my stuff.

Aiko’s fun and everything, she’s like a sister to me, but I need privacy too. Enough said . . .

“Manami! Come on, it’s time for dinner! Mama’s gonna get mad if you don’t hurry up!” Aiko shouted from the living room. I rolled my eyes as I put on my frog slippers (yes, frog slippers, got a problem with that!? Didn’t think so) and walked out of the room.

“Come on, sit down already,” Aiko wined as she dragged me to sit down next to her. “Look, I’m going to be attending this school,” she pointed at the colorful pamphlet before of us; “doesn’t it look absolutely amazing?”

“Y-yeah,” I couldn’t say anything at the moment. The school they had chosen for Aiko was one of the most prestigious schools in all of Tokyo. Even with the highest marks there was a slim chance one could even make it in, you literally had to know people.

“Ah, Manami, your acceptance letter came in today.” Kai-san placed the envelope right in front of me.

‘University of Tokyo’, the envelope read. I looked at the thing for what seemed like forever, I was seriously contemplating whether to open it now, in front of them, or later, in complete privacy.

If I didn’t get accepted into this school I just know Kai-san and Reita-san would be very disappointed in me. They'd probably send me back too . . .

“Come on, Manami, you’ve been staring at that thing for over five minutes now. Quit stalling and open it already!” Aiko snapped me right out of my thoughts, like she always managed to do.

I just nodded and slowly took the envelope into my hands, slowly tearing the seam open. Yes, I was stalling! You would have done the same thing.

Just as I was about to retrieve the letter Aiko snatched the thing away. “You’re taking too long!" she screams as she ran to the other side of the room just out of my reach.

“Aiko come on, that’s not funny! Give it back!” I ran to grab the envelope but every time I would move she would move.

“Aiko come on, give your sister back her envelope.” Kai-san laughed. I guess he found my inner turmoil funny.

Well I didn’t!

“Whoa, damn Manami, I knew you were smart but not this damn ing smart!”

“Aiko!” Seriously, this girl and her bad mouth, we should really wash it out with soap. I tackled her to the ground when she was distracted and ripped the letter from her hands.

. . .

CONGRATULATIONS! We are pleased to inform you . . .

That one word in big, bold letters was absolutely breath taking. Before, attending this school was all but a dream, but now, now it’s not.

“Wahh! Congratulations Manami I knew you could do it!” I flinched from Kai-san when he gave me hug, force of habit, I guess.

“Ah, sorry,” I apologized as I got up from the floor and moved back to my seat.

“Sorry, I forgot.” Kai-san apologized to me and it made me feel absolutely horrible.

“C-can, we just eat now?” Well way to go Manami, way to ruin the mood.

After that we just ate in silence, except for the bits and pieces of conversation between Kai-san and Aiko.

---------

(Next Morning)

“Common, guys, you’ll be late!” hearing Kai shout from down the hall mad me jump and literally out of the bed and onto the floor, it wasn’t graceful either. It was like trip on the sheets and falling flat on my face kind of thing.

Rushing over to Aiko, who was so, oh so, peacefully snoring to her hearts content, I tried to wake her up. After several failed attempts I just pulled her off the bed. Kind of difficult if you consider our extreme height differences, her being 168cm and I only being 158cm. She just had to be so damn tall.

“Yah! Manami, what the hell!?” she threw a pillow at me with such anger and force in nearly fell over.

“It’s you first day you’re going to be late!”

“So what, I can go tomorrow!” she said as she made a bed out of the sheets and covers that had fallen along with her. Grabbing her by her ankle I dragged her into the hall way, “then I guess you’ll go to class like this. Fluffy bunny pajamas and all!” running back into the room and locking it behind me so she couldn’t get in. I could clearly hear her constant banging as I got ready.

“Quit fighting, let your sister in the room Manami,” I heard Reita bang on the door.

----

“Oi, Kai, hurry up! We’re running late as it is!” Reita shouted from the car.

Aiko and I just laughed from the back seat.

“Mama takes longer than Manami,” Aiko laughs hysterically beside me.

“You take longer than I do; seriously 3 hours!?” I shoved her teasingly, “he wasn’t even cute.” At that Reita arched his brow at us from the rear view mirror.

“T-that’s not true!” Aiko was suddenly a bright red color. When Reita let out a small ‘mmhmn’ Aiko just freaked, “I swear its no-”

“Alright, let’s go,” Kai suddenly jumped into the car. “What?” Reita just gave him a questioning look.

“Nothing,” Reita started the engine.

“Urrgh, I don’t understand you,” Kai-san let out a dramatic sigh, “so, are you guys excited!?” Kai turned back to us he seemed absolutely ecstatic.

“Kai, leave them alone,” Reita commented as he continued to look straight forward, on hand placed on Kai’s knee. Aiko sure didn’t miss that; letting out a small squeal and everything.

 “Fine,” turning back in his seat Kai-san took hold of Reita’s hand giving it a light squeeze. Okay maybe, just maybe, we observe too much and that is perfectly okay.

“Did you see that,” Aiko said in a hushed voice, “Just look at them, they’re made for each other.” Aiko took out her not book and began to scribble things down and kept going till we stopped in front of a giant gate.

“Alright Aiko, you ready?” Kai-san began to unbuckle himself when Aiko threw the door open and hopped out of the car.

“I’m going then,” Aiko grabbed her back pack.

“Hey! Aiko, aren’t you forgetting something?”

“Oh yeah,” she ran back hugging Kai-san, “bye mama,” she kissed him on the cheek then ran to the other side and hugged Reita, “bye Papa.” Then she ran towards the gate once again.

“Wait Aiko I was going to go with you!” Kai shouted after her.

“It’s okay, I promise to behave and not do anything bad yet!” with that she waved and finally ran into the building not looking back once.

We arrived at the University shortly after and they gave us a tour of the place, courtesy of the Dean and another student. It was absolutely amazing, everything I could have ever wanted in a University. I would be commuting for my first year here and if I so wished I could live there my final year. 

At the very end we were allowed to eat in their dining hall it was pretty amazing. Everything was amazing actually; well everything except the fact that there were constant murmuring around us and it was starting to get extremely annoying after a while.

We ended up leaving after that. Going straight home since Reita and Kai-san had to meet up with the band or something.

“Manami were heading out now,” Kai-san yelled from the living room.

I hastily dropped my book and ran towards the entrance where they were. I quickly hugged both of them, “thanks.”

“M-Manami . . .”

“Hurry you two will be late,” I ushered them out the door. Reita got the gist of what I was trying to do and started pushing Kai out in front of him.

“You’re doing good kid,” Reita patted me on the head as they exited the house. 

-------------------------------------- 

 

Yay Update! Exciting isn't it? 

Hoped you liked it please comment, tell us how you feel about it?

ps. who do you ship?

 (all rights reserved to artist)