Chapter Three

Kai's Precious Babies

When we arrived to Reita and Kai's home, I noted it was rather big. Four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a huge kitchen (of course, since I have read countless interviews, I knew Kai needed to have a big kitchen because he loved cooking so much), a small dining area next to it, two living rooms (the main living room downstairs, and an area more like a sitting room upstairs next to what would be mine and Manami's room), a massive office divided into two, a garage and a basement. In the basement was a big area that included a drum set, a few bass guitars, four guitars and a couple of acoustic guitars, amplifiers and a microphone in a microphone-stand.

"You have a very nice house", Manami complimented after the tour Kai had given us around their - and now also our - home. Nice? How could she say just nice?!

"It's ing awesome!" I corrected, my eyes most likely shining with excitement.

"Aiko!" Manami scolded - she didn't really like to hear me swearing. Who is she to complain, she does it too. Just because I'm younger doesn't mean I wouldn't have the same rights.

"Just when I managed to convince Reita to stop", Kai sighed.

"Look what you've done! Now Kai-sama is upset!" Manami hissed into my ear. I did feel a bit guilty now and apologized. Kai smiled and said: "That's okay. Reita had hard time quitting too, I've gotten used to it."

"Oh. But sorry anyway", I said, looking down at my feet.

"Ah, I nearly forgot! There's still one place to show you!" Kai remembered and clapped his hands together. Manami glanced at him curiously and asked: "What is it?"

"Follow me", Kai said, and we did what he told, to arrive into a backyard. It wasn't that big, but it was neat. It had a small pond, soft grass, a veranda with a table and a grill, and even a cherry tree that had almost dropped all of its flowers, so now the ground around it was pink.

"It's beautiful!" Manami said. I nodded, agreeing. "It is!"

"I've been thinking of growing some flowers and stuff, but I'm not sure if I'd have enough time", Kai said, a small smile gracing his lips.

"I can do it!" I immediately volunteered, raising my hand high up. I heard Manami chuckle behind me, probably because she knew I'd always loved dirtying myself in gardens and beaches during the summer.

"Really? That's great! I bet it'll turn out great!" Kai said.

"Oi, Kai-chan. When are you gonna cook lunch?"

I nearly let out a scream. Reita calls him 'Kai-chan?' That is adorable!

We turned around to see Reita standing in front of the glass doors that separated the veranda and the dining room.

"Please, I'm starving!" he groaned and folded his arms. He even tried pouting, but turned out looking hilarious and I had to slap my hand over my mouth and turn around so that he wouldn't see how badly I tried not to laugh.

For lunch, Kai made home-made pizza and even brownies, which is something I'd never tasted. Everything was so delicious, and I was extremely cheerful after we finished.

"Would you like to settle in your room now? There's not really much to do now", Kai suggested as he started washing the dishes. We nodded and Manami dragged me upstairs to our room while Reita glanced at us briefly. I think I even caught a grin on his lips.

"This room is so big!" Manami commented as we stepped into our room for the second time of the day. During our little tour we'd just dropped off the luggage here, but didn't have time to look around.

There was only one bed because they'd thought of adopting just one child, but Kai said we would get separate beds later. He even said we could get separate rooms, but we immediately told him we don't want our own rooms since we've always lived together in a same room, it'd be just weird to not have Manami close to me.

"Waah, the bed is so soft!" I said after throwing myself on the said furniture.

"You get happy from the smallest things", Manami chuckled lightly. I pouted and pointed out: "But this bed isn't small at all! It'd freaking huge! King-sized!"

"Yeah, it is..." Manami agreed as she sat next to me. She glanced around the room and smiled. "It's nice having a room on our own, right? It's so quiet..."

"Yeah, there are no screaming brats across the hallway", I said with a grin. She smacked my head, snapping: "Aiko! You're a kid yourself too! And you're definitely not the most quiet one I've met."

"Hey! I'm very mature for my age!" I replied. She rolled her eyes and muttered: "Yeah, a bit too mature sometimes..."

"What the hell do you mean by that?" I asked, pouting and folding my arms.

"I'm just saying that a 14-year-old is not supposed to write ty fanfics about her favorite band", she explained.

"I've met an author in the Internet who started writing when she was thirteen!" I told her over-dramatically.

"But you're not her. You're yourself", she pointed out, wise and mature as always.

"Whatever. My point is, if I wanna write ty fanfics about Reita Kai in the bathroom I do so and--" I couldn't finish as I realized Reita was standing in the doorway, staring at me in a shock. My face flushed pure red - writing fanfics is fun, but not if one of your victims lives under the same roof and KNOWS you write about them! Most of my fics are of Aoi and Uruha though, I have just a couple of ones with Reita and Kai. Manami is the one writing about them, although she never lets me read her stories. She's a bit stupid,  though, since she publishes them in her blog and I can read them whenever I want.

"Excuse me, but I don't him, even if we did it in the bathroom", Reita said, the corner of his mouth twitching as if he was trying hard not to burst out laughing.

"U- Um... I..." I stuttered, blushing furiously. It's okay to write fanfics about people you love if they're from your favorite band. But if they are your new parents, you shouldn't do it. Well, at least if they know you do it.

"That's okay. Just don't let Kai know his little babygirl is writing ", Reita laughed. Manami laughed too, but I just pouted and kept blushing.

"Anyway, we're going shopping and Kai wants you two to come with us so that we can buy you things you like", Reita explained, still smiling.

"Yeah, sure", Manami said and rose from the bed. I followed her and Reita, wondering why Reita accepted it so easily. Well, probably because he was with Kai anyway but... I'm his daughter for God's sake! Not related with blood of course, but anyway.

We went to a shopping centre as soon as Reita and Kai got well-prepared, putting on sun-glasses and as normal clothes they could.

"Just for obvious reasons", Kai started from the front seat of the car, "I don't think it's very smart for all of us to be together. You go just pick anything you'd like - I'll give you some money - Reita and I go do some grocery shopping. Is that okay with you?"

"Of course!" me and Manami answered in unison. Kai laughed and said: "Okay then! We'll meet at the car around four o'clock, okay?"

As we arrived at the shopping centre around half past two, so we had plenty of time to hang out. Kai gave Manami plenty of money - way more than I'd ever had - and our ways separated.

"Where should we go first?" Manami asked after putting the money into the safety of her wallet and purse.

"I'm craving for ice cream! Let's go, let's go!" I squealed and dragged her to a nearby café. Manami got herself a cup of tea and a small pastry while I got a huge bowl of chocolate, mint and strawberry ice cream with some chocolate-sauce and a strawberry on the top.

"This is delicious~!" I moaned after taking in the first spoonful.

"Can I have a taste?" Manami asked. Before I could even reply, she'd already got some on her own spoon that she ate her cheesecake with.

After having our snacks in the café we went to a music shop to buy plenty of cds - all albums and singles from the GazettE that we already didn't have and some more cds from other bands.

Then we headed to several clothing shops, and one of them which had amazing gothic lolita-style of clothing I insisted to stay a long time in because the clothes they sold were so cool.

We also bought plenty of snacks for later - we had decided to have a little pajama party at night in our room since our first day in our new family would be done and we wanted to celebrate it. We got pocky, potato chips, popcorn, a lot of lemonade and candy.

Before we even realized our time had passed and we had to get back to the car. We had spent almost all of the money Kai had given, which we felt a bit guilty of, but we were happy with what we had gotten.

"You need to give me a fashion show with those clothes of yours. You'll look like a doll in them!" Manami commented as we were on our way to the parking area. I giggled and answered: "Maybe I will! They're so cool!"

Soon it was already evening, so we brought all of the things we bought to our room and put on our pajamas, like all other girls in the orphanage did when they had 'pajama parties'. We had never been invited to those, but it's not like we ever wanted to.

Reita and Kai had got a sudden call from Aoi, so they needed to go to a studio and would probably have to work all night, so we got a permission to play our new albums freely - Kai did say, though, that we had to go to sleep early. To this, Reita only rolled his eyes and dragged Kai out of the house because obviously when Reita was young, he hadn't given a single about going to sleep early and playing music in a descent volume.

"Which album first?" Manami asked as she looked through the cds. We had actually bought even stereos, but just because they'd been in sale. Manami didn't want to waste so much money, but I insisted to buy it now that we had so many new cds to listen to.

"Beautiful Deformity! I haven't heard that one yet, except for Inside Beast", I suggested. She smiled, agreeing with me and putting the cd in.

That night, our first night in Suzuki/Uke household, we spent our time by  eating ourselves full with the help of tasty snacks, listened to all cds we had and just simply having fun; talking about various things that we had now a possibility to do, and all the opportunities a real family had given us.

This was going to be amazing.

___________________________________

Hewwo again! How did you think of this chapter? Make sure to comment below~