~ Prologue ~

Our Forged Wedding

::r o l o g u e::


The sweet scent of sweet pea filled my nose, making me close my eyes to enjoy this blast of nature before me.

"Tiffany unnie, is the bouquet ready?" The familiar, mature voice of my dongsaeng – Krystal – called.
"Neh!" I called, tying up the bright red bow that held my piece together.

I held it as if it were a baby – cradled in my arms – and took it to the front where the customer was waiting to pick it up. I smiled warmly as I handed him the bouquet carefully.
"Would you like me to add a customized card?" I asked.
He smiled and nodded. I took out one of the cards from under the counter and a pen ready to write.

"Write what ever you like and I'll tie it to the bouquet, okay?"
The man began writing away with clean, perfect handwriting. I read what he was writing, making myself get flustered with his choice if words.

"Done." He seemed proud of what he's written, as he handed it to me to tie it to the bouquet.

I placed the card to the side with the bow, and handed back the bouquet.
"All done!" I smiled, "She's a very lucky lady. Good luck, I hope she says yes!" I added. The man blushed at my words and bowed as he left the shop.

I sighed as I grabbed a cloth and wipped off the counter of any leaves or pedals.

"Have you thought about marriage yet, Tiffany?" Krystal suddenly asked as she came on front of me, sweeping the floor with a broom. She kept her eyes on the floor as she spoke with me.
"Wh-Where did you get that idea?" I blushed.
"That man was going to propose to his girlfriend, so it got me thinking about when someone will propose to me. I've thought about marriage maybe once or twice, just because I find it romantic and daring. Don't you?" Krystal seemed wooed by the thought of marriage.
"Well… I guess, it is romantic and daring… I mean, your giving up your future relationships to stay with this one person forever… it's so romantic." I lost myself in my thoughts. "Marriage is complicated too, but if it's the right person, I guess they make it easier to get through, you know?"

"No, I don't know. I'm still really young, unnie. I don't think Jongin is going to propose this early… you know, if we're still an item in the next five years or so." Krystal sounded doubtful.
"Don't worry, Soojunggie. I know Jongin, he's like a brother to me… a very annoying and strange brother… but I know he loves you too much to let you go so soon. I'm sure you too will be engaged in the next couple of years."
"You really think so?" She stopped her sweeping and looked at me with hopeful eyes and a hopeful smile.
"I know so." I assured.

She continued sweeping, adding a little adorable dancing in between. She's always so happy, and it's all because of Jongin.

The front door bell rang as it opened. We looked to see Jessica, the original owner of the shop. Krystal is the co-owner, since she's younger than Jessica.

"Oh, Jessica unnie, good afternoon!" I greeted cheerfully.
"Unnie, hi!" Krystal said cutely.
"Hey. Did everything go well while I was gone?" Jessica asked, setting aside her books.
"Everything was a-ok!" Krystal replied. I nodded in agreement. The day went by very easy and quick, a little better than usually. I guess because the ice princess wasn't here to boss us around. At work, Jessica is pretty bossy and demanding, but outside of work, she's a total sweetheart. I love Jess, no matter how bossy she gets at work, because she is still the adorable Jessica I know somewhere behind all that.

"Great! Now, I can be at ease." Jessica sighed in relief as she plopped down on a chair, loosening all her limbs. She looked like a limp noodle.
"Good to know you trusted me." Krystal scoffed as she continued sweeping the floor. I could understand why Krystal was disappointed that her only sister didn't have much faith in her, but then again I would also feel nervous and concerned if I let my nineteen-year-old sister to run the shop on her own for the whole day until I got back. If I did have a younger sister actually, because I don't. Yet, Krystal still counts to be the younger sister I've always wanted. Anyways, the biggest responsibility a girl her age should have is if I didn't wake up with acne on my face, or worse, I have no money to get my coffee!

"Sorry, Krys!" Jessica looked pained. "I didn't mean it that way, it's just that this is a big responsibility and... oh, wait... I guess I do mean it that way..." Oh Jessica... you can be a bit clumsy with your thoughts at times.
"Told ya." Krystal sighed as she put the broom away.

I was left with the limp noodle that is Jessica, while Krystal locked up the shop and went upstairs to her room. The shop is the first floor of the Jung sisters' home, then the second floor is where they actually live, sleep, and eat. I live next door, in the crumy little home that I have to move out of. My lease is coming to an end and I don't have enough money to renew it, so I have to move out and find a new place. Preferably some place cheaper, maybe an apartment, that's always more cheaper than owning a home. Jessica has offered to spare me their extra room, but I don't want to be a burden on them.

I take a seat next to the noodle and copy her position.
"So, when are you leaving?" Jessica suddenly asked. I was suprised by her sudden question.
"This weekend, so in three days." I replied. In three days, on Saturday, I'll be going to China to visit an old friend of mine.
It's been so long since I last saw her. Probably, three years since I last saw her. Kim Taeyeon is her name; my best friend from school. Sometimes she can be annoying with her always-positive attitude, but then again, she's too adorable to hate.
Is it alright to call my elder adorable? Yeah, I think it is.
"That's so soon! I'll miss you while you're gone Tiffy!" Jessica pouted as she hugged my arm.
"I'll miss you, too, Jessi." I snickered as I patted her head.

"Be back as soon as possible, okay?" Jessica let go of my arm.
"Of course! I'll miss this place too much." I smiled.
"Good!"

Three more days and I'll be reunited with my best friend… I hope this goes well…


A/N: WOW! Thank you so much for 20 subs and 2 upvotes in just 5 days! I'll try to update soon! (Sorry if this was a y update :/ I'll make the next chapter better! I promise!)