One, Two Steps

At Long Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“I’ll text you the name of the restaurant later, okay?” Tiffany informed Seohyun as the latter kissed her cheek before leaving.

 

“Okay.”

 

Seohyun then did the same with Taeyeon but before she was able to leave, Taeyeon called her. “I just remembered. You’re mom and I have decided to buy you your own car. If you can make it a little bit earlier, maybe we can look around before heading off to dinner.”

 

Seohyun’s eyes were wide with excitement. “Really?!”

 

“Yup,” replied Taeyeon. “So?”

 

“I love you!” exclaimed Seohyun before giving her mother a tight hug.

 

“You love me as in me or the idea of having your own car?” teased Taeyeon.

 

“Umma?!”

 

“Right, right,” Taeyeon laughed. “Go on. I don’t want you to be late.”

 

After Seohyun left, Taeyeon returned to reading the newspaper. She was on her last page when she heard Tiffany’s voice from their bedroom.

 

“Hone, I’ll be finished in 15!”

 

Taeyeon quickly folded her paper and finished her breakfast before she entered the bathroom inside their bedroom to brush her teeth.

 

“I’m ready, Tae,” called Tiffany.

 

She got hold of her tablet and keys before walking towards the elevator. She waited for Tiffany to lock the door before she pushed the lift’s button.

 

“I’ll visit you for lunch, okay?” she informed Tiffany while they were inside the lift. “I’ll just buy some takeout along the way.”

 

“Sure.”

 

They exited the lift and went to their car. Taeyeon first drove Tiffany to their friend’s firm before she went her own way.

 

Prior to returning to Korea, Taeyeon had already made contacts with the former IT firm which hired her before she left for the US. She asked for any available work and her former boss informed her that they needed a research consultant and with Taeyeon’s background, she was immediately hired, with the interview only for the sake of formality.

 

The interview did not last long but Taeyeon was only able to exit the premises an hour before lunch, thanks to her boss’ (and friends) insistence to have a long talk with her. They even asked her if she can have lunch with them but she graciously turned down their offer, explaining that she had already promised her wife that they’ll have lunch together. She was playfully smacked and shoved on her shoulders by her colleagues, citing her cheesiness which did not seem to have mellowed even after all those years. She just laughed and made a hint of making her family meet them one of these days.

 

Taeyeon was contemplating on what to get her wife for lunch when her attention was grabbed by a fancy yet classic design of a restaurant offering artisan made pizzas. She smiled to herself and decided to just surprise Tiffany with the latter’s favourite food, so she parked her car outside of the resto and proceeded to order some.

 

With 15 minutes to spare, Taeyeon felt her coat pocket for her phone and sent a text to Tiffany, telling her that she’s going to be late but that she’s already on her way. Upon arriving at her destination, Taeyeon immediately entered the premises and was ushered to a posh office where her wife was busy chatting with a man in a very bright pink hair, her back into her.

 

“And here comes our lunch!” exclaimed the man in a high-pitch voice which made Tiffany turn around only to see a grinning Taeyeon holding out 3 big take out boxes. She stood up to greet the grinning woman.

 

“Hi hone,” she said, giving Taeyeon a peck on the lips as the latter wound an arm around her waist. “How’s the interview?”

 

But before Taeyeon was able to reply, the man cut her off. “Oh please, I’m starving and I know that Tiffany is, too. So please, if you want to kiss some more, do it in some other place where you cannot spoil my appetite, capiche? Now, where’s my lunch?” asked the man, standing up and walking towards the couch.

 

Both women were laughing as they walked to the couch and placed the boxes on the coffee table. They were in the middle of their lunch when Tiffany spoke again.

 

“So how’s the interview, Tae?”

 

Taeyeon shrugged her shoulder before drinking from her glass before she answered.

 

“Just like you’ve said, it was only for formalities sake. We literally talked about everything except the job.”

 

“Of course, you’re an asset to them. They’ll find it hard to find someone like you,” said Tiffany with a hint of pride and a little bit of boastfulness in her voice.

 

“That I agree,” said the man. “Your achievements say it all, even if you’re not writing them all in your resume.”

 

Taeyeon smiled, slightly feeling embarrassed. “I’m just glad I got the job.”

 

“That’s my Taetae,” smiled Tiffany. “And guess what, Junsu oppa just hired me to be his consultant, too.”

 

“I’m happy for you, hone.” Taeyeon felt the happiness radiating from her wife so she gave the latter a peck on the cheek. Lucky for the two of them, the man named Junsu was not looking in their direction, saving them from another lecture.

 

“By the way, Oppa, can you recommend any good restaurant for dinner?” asked Tiffany.

 

“Huh? We’re not even finished with our lunch and now you’re thinking about dinner?”

 

Tiffany chuckled before answering. “We’re planning to invite someone to have dinner with us later on. I just want to be prepared.”

 

“As always, you’ve never changed,” said Junsu. “Well, there’s one that made headlines a few months back because of their superb selection of food. I tried it once and girl, it’s world class quality. But let my secretary call them first for any available table tonight. They’re usually full.”

 

Junsu stood up and went to his desk to call his secretary and then went back to the couple.

 

“So you’re going to stay here in Korea for a long time, I suppose?” he asked.

 

“You can say that, Oppa…” answered Tiffany.

 

“And have you called your folks, Taeyeon?”

 

“Not yet,” she replied. Junsu was about to speak when she continued. “But we’re meeting Hayeon later on for dinner.”

 

Junsu smiled. “So that’s what the dinner’s all about. I’m glad.”

 

“I’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter