The Dance Studio

At Long Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“You’ll come with me tomorrow.”

 

“Where?” inquired Yoona.

 

“To the studio…”

 

Yoona’s eyes sparkled upon hearing it. But then she remembered something and her face fell.

 

“Unnie – ”

 

“I’m not asking, Yoong. I’m telling you that you’ll come with me tomorrow.”

 

“But I have a class tomorrow…”

 

“What class? School or street?”

 

Yoona was not able to answer. Hyoyeon huffed some air.

 

“I know that you have not been attending your classes for almost a week now, Yoong.”

 

“I’m sorry, unnie.”

 

Hyoyeon shook her head.

 

“Just get ready by 8 tomorrow morning, okay?”

 

Yoona nodded her head.

 

 

 

(The next day…)

 

Because of Yuri’s insistence to come with her, Jessica arrived at the studio earlier than usual. She was about to open her office when she heard music coming from one of the practice rooms. She led Yuri towards the sound and slowly opened the door. Inside, she saw a woman about Yuri’s height dancing; she can tell that the woman is busily concentrating on her dance by the way her eyes are closed. She motioned Yuri not to make any noise as they watch her.

 

On the other hand, Yoona was still oblivious with her unexpected audience. She’s was quite familiar inside since it was not the first time that Hyoyeon brought her to the studio. Hyoyeon excused herself to get them some coffee from the mini kitchen on the back of the studio so she busied herself with the computer. After searching for a music to her liking, she began stretching and then her body swayed to the music at once. She could not hide her joy as she dance to her heart’s content. She gave a bow to her (she thought) invisible audience when the music ended with her eyes still closed.

 

“Wow!!!”

 

Yoona rounded and found two pairs of eyes watching her from the open door.

 

“Oh… I’m – I’m sorry…” she stuttered. “Hmmm… Good morning, Officer.”

 

The taller of the two smiled at her.

 

“Good morning too. I didn’t know that you’re a student here.”

 

“Ah… I’m not a student here.”

 

“Oh???”

 

Just then, they heard the sound of footsteps coming to the direction of the room.

 

“Yuri!!! Jessica!!!” shouted Hyoyeon.

 

“Hyo, we’re beside you,” scolded an irate Jessica.

 

“Sorry,” smiled Hyoyeon. “It’s just that you’re here early.”

 

“It’s Yul’s day off today so she decided to accompany me here.”

 

Then Hyoyeon saw Yoona fidgeting in the middle of the room.

 

“You’ve met Yoona?” she asked the couple.

 

“She’s your friend?” asked Jessica.

 

“Yes,” answered Hyoyeon.

 

“I think I’ll get going now, Hyoyeon unnie,” interjected Yoona.

 

“You’re not, okay?” replied Hyoyeon. She returned her focus to the other two people in the room.

 

“Guys, this is Yoona. Yoona, I take it that you know Yuri, (Yoona nodded her head) and that’s her wife, Jessica.”

 

“How have you been, Yoona? Why are you not in class?” asked Yuri.

 

“Better, Officer,” replied Yoona, rubbing the back of her neck while she tried to avoid the second question.

 

Hyoyeon immediately catches up.

 

“This kid here has not been attending her classes for a week now. She seemed to think that dancing is more important than her classes,” said Hyoyeon.

 

“Aigoo, Yoona-yah…” said Jessica.

 

“That’s why I brought her here. I hope you don’t mind..” said Hyoyeon.

 

“Not at all,” replied Jessica. “You can spend your time here but never miss your classes again.”

 

Yoona nodded.

 

“Thank you, Ms. Jessica.”

 

 

**********

 

 

“You have a class today?” asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter