Welcome Home, Yoona

At Long Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“You better prepare your things now, Yoona,” said Hyoyeon, opening the door a little bit to peer inside. “Yuri will be picking you up in 3 hours.”

 

“Yes, Unnie.”

 

Before she left the dance studio that day, Yuri received a call from her superior, informing her of the decision to make Yoona under her watch. Yuri immediately agreed and after a little bit talk with her wife, gave the sudden proposition of her living with them. In a way, Yuri and Jessica offered her, a complete stranger, a house she badly needed at that time. She was reluctant at first, but after thinking about it a bit more, she realized that it’s a much better option.

 

Hyoyeon then realized that Yoona has been very quiet since they woke up. She sat beside the younger girl and gave the latter a few pats on the shoulder.

 

“You know that this is for your own good, Yoong.”

 

Yoona looked up from the lone bag she will be bringing to her new house.

 

“I know, Unnie,” answered Yoona. “I’m just a little bit… is overwhelmed the right word?”

 

Hyoyeon chuckled before she answered. “I guess you could say that. But promise me that you’ll not overthink things okay?”

 

That made Yoona smile. “Sure. Unnie, but seemed like you quite know about overthinking of things?” she teased the older woman. “Have you done it?”

 

Hyoyeon shook her head but a silly smile can be seen plastered on her face. “I did not, and I’m very thankful for that. But I got this cousin of mine who seemed to do that most of the time.”

 

“Oh, interesting. You’ve never told me anything about this cousin of yours.”

 

“It’s because she and her wife and daughter just got back from the States after a decade.”

 

Hyoyeon then looked at Yoona, only to see the girl with furrowed eyebrows. In truth, she was expecting that reaction. It’s not every day in Korea where the phrase “she and her wife” can be heard.

 

“I see that you’ve heard me clearly.”

 

“Ye- yes, Unnie. But I’m still confused.”

 

“Well, you don’t have to be,” Hyoyeon said while walking towards the door. “You’ll be living with them in about a week’s time.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I mean, since you’ll be living now with Yuri and Sica, you’ll be neighbours with my cousin and her family. They told me that they’ve purchased the penthouse unit on the same building with Yuri’s. In a way, they’ll be living above your floor.”

 

“Oh… Can you please tell me more about them? I did not know that there are other couples like Officer Kwon and her wife.”

 

“No need to worry about them, they’re easy to be with,” assured Hyoyeon. “Just don’t get offended by my cousin’s words okay? Aside from overthinking things, she also has the habit of making enemies with those who tries to mess up her family.”

 

“Overprotective? Possessive?”

 

“A little bit, I shouldsay. So if you want to be on her good books, better not be a hard headed girl. Oh, one more thing, for now, my cousin somewhat has a different kind of humour than most ordinary beings have. Other people find it quite hard to get, but you’ll get used to it.”

 

With that, Hyoyeon left Yoona to attend to something while they await for Yuri’s arrival. It took another 5 hours before a knock was heard. Hyoyeon, who was then watching the TV, opened the door to see Yuri.

 

“You’re late, Officer Kwon…” Hyoyeon teasingly reprimanded the woman still in her uniform while ushering her inside.

 

Yuri smiled sheepishly before she took a seat in the living room. “I got held by some paper works, Unnie. Aside from finalizing Yoona’s papers, my superior also just dumped a few new cases for me to review so I have to finish them all before I can get here.”

 

Hyoyeon smiled while patting Yuri’s shoulder. “I know, I was just teasing you. What do you want to drink?”

 

“Anything Unnie, as long as there’s sugar in it. I was really drained.”

 

Hyoyeon went to the kitchen to fetch Yuri’s drink and get some for herself. When she got back, she saw Yuri with the remote busy changing the channels.

 

“Here’s some Coke, it’s the only sugary drink I got in the fridge. I’ll get Yoona, she has fallen asleep waiting for you.”

 

“Thanks, Unnie.”

 

Hyoyeon again entered her bedroom to find Yoona peacefully asleep on her bed.

 

“Yoong, Yuri’s here.”

 

Yoona stirred a little but did not wake up, so Hyoyeon resorted to shaking the younger girl a bit harder. When that did not do the trick, she got a pillow and hit Yoona square on the face. That made the girl wake up immediately. Yoona squinted her eyes to see her assailant, only to see Hyoyeon laughing while standing on the side of the bed.

 

“Unnie, you don’t have to do that!”

 

“You’re not waking up, what am I supposed to do, huh?”

 

Yoona wanted to retaliate but thought better of it.

 

“Yuri is outside waiting for you. Come on.”

 

Yoona followed Hyoyeon outside the room to see Yuri enjoying her soda. She immediately gave the woman in uniform a bow.

 

“Good evening, Officer.”

 

Yuri smiled before she answered. “Right, before we leave, let’s set some ground rules, okay?”

 

Yoona nodded, signalling Yuri to continue.

 

“First, you don’t have to call me Officer Kwon all the time; the same applies to my wife since we’re kinda adopting you. Unnie is fine, okay? I know it’s going to get some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter