The Chance Encounter

At Long Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Umma, can I go out with Aunt Hyo?”

 

“When?”

 

“Today, actually. Sorry for not telling you earlier.”

 

“Have you forgotten what we’re going to do today?”

 

“I haven’t Umma. But this won’t take long. 2 hours max.”

 

Taeyeon looked like she was contemplating on her decision. Then, “Okay. What is it for anyways?”

 

“Remember the project I told you about a few days ago?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Well, I talked to Aunt Hyo and she told me that she might have something to show me in connection to that.”

 

Just then, Tiffany entered from their suite’s kitchen. “You’re talking about the street performance thingy, right?”

 

“Yes, Mom.”

 

“Well, now that I think of it, no one can help you better with that kind of assignment than Hyoyeon Unnie.”

 

“That’s what I also thought in seeking for her help.”

 

Taeyeon again joined in the conversation. “Okay, but remember, 2 hours max. I will not be responsible if any box of yours will be missing because you’re not there.”

 

Tiffany sighed before she linked her arms with Taeyeon’s. “Taetae, Seohyun can manage herself on her own.”

 

“Don’t worry, Mom.” She kissed Tiffany’s cheek before turning to Taeyeon. “And thank you, Umma. 2 hours max, I promise.” She smiled before she also gave Taeyeon a kiss on the latter’s cheek.

 

**********

 

 

Seohyun was sitting on a bench inside a park where she agreed to meet with Hyoyeon when she heard a loud voice calling “Seohyun-ah!!!” She turned around to see her Aunt running towards her.

 

“I’m sorry I’m late,” Hyoyeon apologized.

 

“It’s okay, Aunt Hyo…” Seohyun told the woman bending in front of her. She slightly patted Hyoyeon’s back while the latter tried to catch her breath. When Hyoyeon stood up straight, she immediately led Seohyun to a nearby alley.

 

Unknown to Seohyun, a pair of eyes are watching her a few steps away, slowly misting as they tried to comprehend the truth of what they’re seeing. However, no matter how many times they blink to try to dispel what their owner deemed as an illusion, they could not erase the fact that they’re now seeing the person their owner has been dreaming and wishing to see for the longest time possible. Like fog slowly clearing away to welcome the first rays of the morning sun, the doubt in them are also slowly being erased the longer they see the subject of their owner’s mind. However, their owner was 2 blocks away so she was not able to see the other lady that was somewhat blocking their subject, since at that same time, a large group of people began running in front of them. The moment their owner was able to get nearer, the lady and her companion were already gone.

 

“They’ll only be performing for an hour ‘cause it’s the only time that they were allowed,” Hyoyeon told Seohyun. “They’re still under strict watch after they were apprehended.”

 

“Nothing to worry about that,” Soehyun assured the older lady. “I told Umma I’ll be out for 2 hours, max.”

 

“My cousin is still strict with you, huh?”

 

“Not as strict as a few years back, thank you,” smiled Seohyun as she walked beside Hyoyeon. “But Aunt Hyo, what happened to their group?”

 

“Ah, they were supposed to renew their permit but a rival group arrived and well, boys will be boys.”

 

Seohyun suddenly remembered something. “I heard that Aunt Yuri’s team apprehended a group of dancers two weeks ago. Is it possible that it’s the same group?”

 

“Oh yeah, forgot to tell you that.”

 

Not long after, they saw a group of people busy entertaining a small crowd with their dance moves. Seohyun was immediately captured by how each member sways his/her body to the rhythm. Hyoyeon smiled upon seeing Seohyun’s concentrated face; no matter how much Seohyun denies it, she knew that the urge to dance is still there.

 

Hyoyeon approached the group with Seohyun as soon as the group’s performance ended.

 

“Hyoyeon Unnie!!!” called a boy as soon as t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter