Reminiscence

Infinite Possibilities

_________________________ . . . . . _________________________ 

Before ( 7 years ago )

A firm hand slipped through hers and seemed to craddle it as they tread their way in a sea of people . Suzy felt its warmth radiating from his skin to hers which reminded her of waking up in her bed this morning, feeling comforted and safe.

 

They were aimlessly walking now, with no specific destination in mind. When suddenly, she flinched from the pain from her hand when he suddenly gripped it too tightly and pulling it towards her face. She was shocked by the sudden action, when they stopped in the middle of the sidewalk. 

 

Something trickled to her fingers which tickled her. She looked up and noticed that a tear had escaped her companions eyes. She tilted her head.

"Appa, why are you crying?" 


She didn't know what to do.

------

Now

Suzy couldn't form any coherent thoughts at the moment. Her mind was occupied with the past and she continued to worry about the recital and thinking that if it continues, she would be a living zombie by the end of the day. She was alone now, sitting on a bench near a sycamore tree at the garden near the back of their school. JB and IU left her there, to meet with their groups to discuss about their performances which Suzy lacks as of the moment leaving her there with her mind.

 

Although she didn't mind being left alone, she liked the solitutude of the place, its silence comforting her. However, she hoped that the silence was replaced with any kind of noise, which would really help to distract her now from her mind. Her wish was surprisingly granted when she heard music playing closely to where she's at. Since there was nothing left for her to do, she followed it which lead her to a corner of the garden.

 

Her eyes instinctively closed, her head swaying to its rhythm. She recognized it, but cannot point it out where or when it did. 

------

Before (12 years ago)

Suzy was feeling giddy in her seat and can't seem to stay still. She kept looking at her shoelaces, adjusting her seating position and crossing her legs. She was no doubt excited, looking at their dining table with things consisting of three plates and a cake. 

 

It was her special day, and she was waiting for two people to arrive. The clock ticks, time passing like a blur and she's impatient. Suzy wondered where they were and doubted if they will ever come.

 

After a few more nervous shifting in her chair, a door opens and a person steps in holding a small box in his two hands, sweetly smiling at her. Suzy ran towards his arms causing him to drop the box and bend to catch her and bring her up.

 

"Happy 8th Birthday, my princess. I apologize for being late for your day." 

 

"Appa, where's Eomma?" 

 

He grew silent.

 

"She's busy again, huh." Suzy smiled bitterly. "It will be the two of us again."

 

"Don't worry sweetie, I'm sure she'll call us later and wish you a happy birthday" He reassured her but she was still dissapointed. They began to celebrate, sitting down to eat the cake and telling tales about their day. 

 

However Suzy kept waiting and waiting for one call to arrive. 

 

It never did.

------

Now

 

She opened her eyes and she felt tears starting to form in her eyes. The music stopped however it left Suzy trying to control her emotions. She laughed halfheartedly. 

 

There's no use in remembering. It's better to forget. 

 

She remembered that she had an appointment with Park Jin Young, meeting two people for the first time ever and form a group with them. She looked at her watch. Crap, I'm late. Not again

 

 

She quickly ran, hoping that Park Jin Young was finally in a good mood.