Chapter 6

Time

Yuhno didn’t know how his little lover could miss the obvious or how he could have let it happen.

 

Again.

 

He thought Changmin was standoffish and put distance between them because it was how he was made, it never occurred to Yunho there was a real divide. There had been a split between him and Jaejoong, too, and Yunho hadn’t thought it mattered; sometimes their intentions missed but they were happy. Then they weren’t together anymore and Yunho realized Jae hadn’t been happy at the end.

 

Yunho wasn’t going to let it happen with him and Changmin.

 

At least Changmin finally seemed to have relaxed. His eyes had drifted shut and he was forcing himself to breathe rhythmically, like he did to calm after a performance.

 

“Come to bed with me, sweetheart,” Yunho said softly, Changmin’s cheeks.

 

There was a slight nod, he could feel it against his hands. Not quite agreement, but definitely not refusal. He pulled Changmin from the wall and slid his arm around his lover’s waist. Mostly to show affection. But partly to keep Changmin at his side if the man decided to get angry again and tried to storm off.

 

Yunho’s room was always messier than Changmin’s. It suited him fine. He wasn’t in the dorm nearly enough for it to bother him and he knew where everything was, also, there was a little delight in how much it frustrated Changmin. Recently, he started to say Changmin was his nagging wife whenever his lover came in and started cleaning for him, irritably informing him what a laundry basket was and its use.

 

Besides, if a mess brought Changmin to his room, why would he clean it?

 

Changmin didn’t make a single comment on the state of the room as he pulled away from Yunho and dropped on the bed. One of many things Yunho had learned over the years. Changmin wasn’t easy to make really angry. It did happen, and his temper was frightening when it came out, but it exhausted him.

 

He had the blankets pulled up and rolled to face the wall as Yunho sat down on the bed and reached over to caress his hair. “I love you,” Yunho said. If Changmin didn’t know, Yunho would keep saying it until his little lover understood.

 

“You don’t need to tease me. I get it,” Changmin said, swatting at his hand.

 

“Apparently you don’t,” Yunho said as he fingers under Changmin’s chin to make him look. “I love you.”

 

“Then why don’t have a mysterious collection of my pictures on your phone?” Changmin asked, anger not entirely spent. But he didn’t pull away. Now he was looking for an answer, not a fight.

 

Yunho smiled. That was an opening he could do something with. He let go and got off the bed just long enough to snatch up his carryon and find his camera. Changmin sat up to watch him.

 

“Because I have a better selection here,” he answered as he unlocked the memory card, smirking at the first picture. “See.”

 

Changmin took the camera and his eyes went wide as he looked at the picture on the display. His ears colored as Yunho sat down again.

 

The first image was after the last time they made love. Changmin dozed while Yunho went to get some water bottles, and he hadn’t been able to resist snapping a shot of his sweetheart sprawled across the hotel mattress, sheet tangled around his legs, smooth back glistening with sweat, hair damp and clinging.

 

Yunho whispered against Changmin’s ear. “How could I not love someone so gorgeous, sweetheart?”

 

There was no reply as Changmin flipped through more pictures. Lots of Changmin asleep or in profile as he looked away. Some illicit, like the first, but more simple moments, like in the van where he was slumped against the window or in the airport waiting for a plane. Moments Yunho felt a need to capture.

 

“Why?” Changmin asked as he found a close up of his sleeping face. Lax, lovely, and drooling slightly. Not the sort of image the company wanted for them, but Yunho loved it. “How come you didn’t share?”

 

“The last time I showed you a picture, you told me I didn’t have the right lighting,” Yunho said, shrugging.

 

Changmin’s interest in photography meant he could be a tad insensitive and critical. Yunho didn’t mean for his pictures to be art, he meant for them to hold a memory.

 

“You didn’t,” Changmin said, apparently remembering the incident. “Sorry.”

 

“I love you, so I don’t mind,” Yunho said, feeling the need to sneak in a reminder of his affection as he nipped Changmin’s ear. “I just figured I’d save you having to look at my crappy photography.”

 

“They’re not bad.”

 

Yunho smirked. “But?”

 

“I feel like there’s something else you want to take a picture of,” Changmin said, rubbing his finger across the display.

 

“You looking at me.”

 

Changmin let out a snort as he continued glancing through the images. “Pick up a magazine.”

 

“No, sweetheart,” Yunho said as he caught his lover’s chin. He his lips. “I mean the way you only look at me.”