Chapter 4

Time

Yunho inwardly groaned.

 

Changmin was not supposed to have found the pictures of Jaejoong. They were just a memento from before. A collection of memories. He didn’t stop loving Jae just because they broke up. His heart didn’t work that way. But it didn’t mean he couldn’t love Changmin as much, maybe more.

 

Taking a long, deep breath, Yunho flexed his fingers to calm down and reminded himself he was dealing with Changmin. His little lover with the volatile temper.

 

At least it explained why Changmin was so cold to him recently.

 

“Sweetheart,” he said, his voice a little too sickeningly-sweet. “Is that it? Is this about jealousy?”

 

He reached forward and snatched his phone out of Changmin’s hand. It was hard to have a conversation with a smiling Jae looking at him. Yunho blanked the screen and tossed it on a nearby chair.

 

“No,” Changmin said. His lips made a hesitant movement and he glanced away as if he would say no more, but he kept speaking. “This is about not being a choice, just being all that’s left.”

 

Yunho narrowed his eyes.

 

“What are you talking about?” Yunho asked as he stepped forward. If he could get his hands on his lover he could make it all right. Changmin was like a cat, prickly and dangerous, but putty if he was held and right.

 

“You wish Jae were here,” Changmin said as he started to pace, dodging when Yunho reached for him.

 

Kitty didn’t want comfort; he wanted a fight.

 

“Jae’s not here,” Yunho said as he followed after, not to rising to the challenge. Fighting with Changmin could get dangerous. “You are.”

 

“I know,” Changmin replied as if it were the most damning statement in the world. “I said you wish.”

 

“Stop it,” Yunho snapped. “He doesn’t have to do with us.”

 

“If Jae were still around,” Changmin said, nearly snarling as he angled toward his room. If he made it, Yunho knew he wouldn’t forget to lock the door. “If he were, there wouldn’t be an us.”

 

That hit like a slap in the face.

 

He lunged and grabbed Changmin’s arm, jerking his lover around to look at him. The expression on Changmin’s face was startled as Yunho reached with his other hand and lightly held Changmin’s cheek. “That’s not true,” Yunho said. “You and me, remember?”

 

There was a softness as Changmin’s gaze as he glanced down. He remembered that night.

 

Yunho could work with that.

 

“You and me. That’s what you said, sweetheart.” He gently pushed Changmin against a wall so his lover couldn’t run off. “I’ve never been so seduced in my life.” Yunho ran his fingers along the line of Changmin’s jaw. “Remember that night? Remember how well we fit together? Better than me and Jae.”

 

Changmin’s eyes met his and the perfect lips pressed in a thin line. “Now you’re lying.”

 

The words were not a good sign. But Changmin had yet to push him off, and that actually was a good sign. Meant his sweet little lover was willing to listen.

 

“I never lie to you,” Yunho said as he leaned in and gave the unresponsive lips a quick kiss. “You and me, sweetheart.”