04

My Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Monday morning. I wake up, I couldn't get any sleep for the past two nights. Thinking about Kris was technically my weekend. The things that happened that Saturday, how physically close we got. And now I have to see him today. Will he act like he knows me? Or will he pretend that Saturday didn't happen. Fear crept through my brain as I was scared to how Kris was going to react when he sees me. On the other hand, how should I act?

UGHHHH. I went crazy in my bed and when I calmed down I fixed my hair and got out of bed calmly. I got dressed, purposely putting in more effort to my outfit. I put on high waisted jeans that I never touched ever since my mom bought them for me, they weren't my 'style.' And on top I put on a muscle shirt with a plaid jacket on top. I put on mascara, curled my lashes and applied eyeliner on my waterline. I added lip gloss as a final touch and was pleased with my appearance as I checked myself out in the mirror.

I grabbed my bag and went downstaris. Empty. I let out a sigh. I grabbed a banana and got onto the bus. Today, instead of listening to SHINEE, I was in the mood for blue songs, so I went to my second favourite artist, he wasn't Korean, but his songs were still amazing, Michael Jackson. When I got off the bus and into the gates of SM High, I saw the same picture I see every morning, squealing girls and 12 boys in the middle. I sighed. But the fear that I felt this morning came back.

I gulped and went straight to my first period class. Math. The class that I have with Kris. I sat down and prepared for my classes, like every morning. I heard the squealing. *Oh no. Here he comes.* I don't bother to turn my head, the door opens, then closes. I hear him say bye to his friends. I expect him to sit in the desk he always sits in, but, to my surprise, he chose to sat somewhere else. Beside me.

"Hi Byul." I couldn't hear him as loud as I would've been able to because the screaming outside became so much louder of Kris's sudden action.

"What are you doing?" I ask in disbelief.

"Sitting beside you?" He answers.

"I know that, but, why?" I say. For some odd reason, I was relieved that he didn't act like I was a nobody. It felt good to know someone actually appreciated my existence here at SM High. Especially someone like him.

"Because, I felt too lonely always sitting by myself, and now that we're kind of friends, I don't know, do you want me to leave?" He started to get up. Without thinking, I grabbed his hand and pulled him down. 

"NO! I mean - uhm, it wouldn't hurt to have company once in a while I guess." I say, letting go of his hand.

"Thanks." He says.

After that, it got really awkward and neither of us started talking. There was still 10 minutes left until class.

"So, uhm, what are you doing at lunch?" Kris suddenly says.

Now that I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter