Chapter 1

Music and you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 2, Tuesday.

 

AMBER JOSEPHINE'S ROOM; 7:33 A.M

 

'"RING!!!! RING!!!! RING!!!!!" , The sound of the alarm clock drills into Amber's ear, she groaned and hesistantly open her eyelids.After three slow blinks, she realizes what she is seeing three feet from her bed: a note taped to the metal stand where her guitar should be. She sits up, pushes her short, messy hair out of her eyes, and taking the note and read it.

 

Dear Amber, I know you're probably going to be angry with me, but you didn't keep up your end of the bargain.You have not completed your holiday assignments given by your teachers. You didn't do anything except locking yourself in your room and play the guitar. It's like you're addicted to it. It's unhealthy and isolating yourself. You are capable of getting straight A's. You can have only have your guitar back only if you get mostly grade A for your end of year major exam and attempt to be more social. Don't bring a sour face to school. Nobody will like that lemon-face of yours. Talk to people okay? it won't kill you.

Love, Mom

[P.S. You have brought this on yourself. I really believes tha you're going to thank me for this in the long run.]

 

It takes a moment for the words to sink in. She wanted to scream in frustrations, all the thoughts that how Mrs Liu sneaked into herroom while she was sleeping and steal her beloved guitar the night just before the school begins so that there will be no time to discuss. 'Arghh, damn it. My Mom is a thief and coward' , Amber messed her hair and groan in frustration once again. She stays in silent and thinking of having some revenge on her Mom, after all she is a teenager. no, a rebellious teenager.

 

 After washing up, the teenager walked into the kitchen, takes a bag of ground coffee out of the cardboard, and pours the coffee down the garbage disposal. Then she walks over to a potted aloe plant, spoons dirt into the coffee bag, apologizes to the plant, neatly refolds the top of the bag, and puts it back in the cardboard with a smirk on her face.

 

There it goes, Amber's special made coffee as a revenge.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

KRYSTAL JUNG'S ROOM; 7:35 A.M

 

Krystal is lying on her bed ,staring at the ceiling, fully dressed. Her heat is beating abnormally loudly. She puts her hand over it. Calm down. 

Her phone buzzes. She knows without looking at the phone screen that it's Suzy. She doesn't want to hear her friend's voice right now, because she

knows that it will only make her heart beat even faster. But still, she answers.

"Soojungie, What are you wearing?", Suzy asks.

"Tangerine top, Blue skirt", Krystal says.

"So you're done preparing?", Suzy asks

"Yeah. I am lying on my bed and feeling like a zombie", Krystal said in a lower tone as a imitation of how zombies talk.

"Omg, Soojung! Stop it, you're freaking me out", they both giggled. 

"Anyway, I call to inform you that we're picking you up in five minutes time. See you!"

"See you later."

Krystal slips her phone in the pocket of her blue jeans skirt. She walks to where her cello was being placed and carried the musical instrument

while walking out towards the door. Her Dad is at the bottom of the stairs, looking at his phone. "Dr Kim just e-mailed. She said yes to adding

extra fifteen minutes to your lessons so that you can work on the Seoul Arts Audition piece!" Mr Jung was beyond happy. 

Krystal's heart starts pounding again. "That's great," She says, and busies herself by checking what's in her backpack. 

 

When Suzy's car pulled up, Mr Jung picked up her cello and followed her out. He puts the cello in the back and says hi to Suzy's family as

Krystal gets into the car. "Soojungie, all the best for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter