Chapter 12

Music and you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

AUDITION STUDIO

 

Krystal is sitting outside the audition room waiting for for turn to perform. She is holding her mother's cello, trying to hide the dread on her face.

 

"Next, Krystal Jung." a woman with a clipboard walks in and calls her name. 

 

The beautiful musician nods and stands and gingerly picks up the heavy instrument. The woman earlier was staring at the instrument that Krystal was holding, something about that instrument caught her attention. "Beautiful instrument." she praised. Then she stops "Krystal Jung Soo Jung." Recognition flushes over her face."You're the famous and talented cellist - Yoona's daughter?! She's my idol." the woman said excitedly. Yoona was a well-known musician in Korea, she was so skillful that even a deaf could feel the music by heart. The way she combine music with her feelings and soul, letting the music touches everyone's heart.

 

"I think I'll stand by the door and eavesdrop your play." the woman says.

 

Krystal just smile and follow her across the hall. The door opened, six judges are sitting in wooden chairs behind one long table. In the center of the room, there's an empty chair waiting for her. Krystal turns to fit the cello throught the doorway.

 

"Hwaiting Krystal!". the woman whispers.

 

Krystal sits, trying to imagine what the judges are seeing in her face. Can they tell that she doesn't want to be here? I will make a mistake, she says to herself,and they will reject me,and it will be over. But can she do that? .....................NO. Because she feels her mother's ghost crouched inside the cello, peering at her.

 

After calming down, she lifts her bow and plays, her fingers marching solemnly up and down the neck.

 

 

 

 

She doesn't make a single mistake.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

<><><><><><><><><><>

 

Practice Room B

 

Amber read the note that Krystal left. She somehow blame herself for being too far. If she knows that Krystal  is going for an audition today, she wouldn't write such a note that discourages her. But Amber doesn't want this misunderstanding to fall any deeper, she doesn't wish their friendship to end like this.She took out a pen from her pocket.

 

Even,

I am sorry if I upset you. Truth is, I really don't mean it. No, you took it the wrong way. What I meant by faking...... is your enthusiasm, not your skills.

 

 

Amber is walking down the hallway, looking for a glimpse of Krystal even though, if she saw her, she wouldn't know what to say. She can't wait until Monday where by she can, hopefully, find another note.

Suddenly, her phone buzzes. A text message from an unfamiliar number.

 

-This is Jiyeon, I am your tutor. We'll meet on Mondays and Wednesday at 11:30. See you.-

 

Amber stares at the screen of her phone. The termite... the termite did it. Mrs Liu signed her daughter up and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter