Chapter 11

Music and you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Flashback

 

"Are you going to play cello forever? I mean.. do you ever thought of trying out other instruments?"

"No, Cello is like my life. An intrument that I have to play everyday, whether I like it or not.."

"So.. do you really like it?"

"What do you mean by like it?"

"Just like me and guitar, I play it because I want to. Not because I was told to. It is like a invincible magnet that attracts me to guitars.I feel happy everytime I play it. Letting the music flow into my soul, it makes me feel happy."

Krystal nodded. Amber turned and look at her with a warm smile. "Do you? Do you feel that way when you play a cello?"

Krystal thought for awhile. The truth is, she doesn't feel that way when she plays a cello. She doesn't really feel happy. She was certain that she enjoys playing a cello but not until her first try in playing the guitar not long ago. She feels very tired and want to take a break from cello but on the other hand, she knows better than anyone that her guilt will haunt her.

"I don't know." Krystal shrugged her shoulder and sighed. 

 

 

---------------------------------------------

 

SEOUL ARTS HIGH HALL; 14 February

 

Amber was with her groups of friends on their way to the hall for Valentines' Day celebration for assembly. She always feels bored for assemblies. "I was so shocked when our teacher annouced that Krystal and Amber scored perfectly full marks. Krystal getting full marks is like the always thing but.... Amber.... It is like a Miracle." Henry says while the group found a place to sit, far away behind from the stage. The group laughed except Amber who is throwing Henry a scary stare. "It must be tough for you during your trip to the muesum." Hyuna commented, knowing that it is not easy to hang out with someone that always want everything to be perfect. 

Amber showed her friends a fake smile and mentally drifted herself away from their conversation. She knows that deep inside, she was hoping for another outing. Whether is it for a project or as a friend. Because it wasn't tough at all during her last outing with Krystal, in fact, both of them had a lot of fun.

"... and now, our top student, Krystal Jung will be playing Allegro Appasssionato by Camille Saint- Saens." Mr Psy nodded at Krystal, who is at the backstage.

Applause.

She walks towards the center of the stage. Her heart is pounding. Amber's words are in her head, repeating: Do you? Do you feel that way when you play a cello? As she sits, she feels the eyes of the audience on her face, some cheering for her. 

Suddenly, someone calls out something, and a few students laugh. She imagines that she is not Krystal Jung. She is a fake one, with arms of metal, the one programmed to perform today. A computer chip in her brain will fire the neurons that will make her fingers move. The real Krystal jung is still behind the stage.

She lifted her bow and begins.

 

 

 

<><><><

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter