Chapter 2

"hey..." press enter to send

 

eva210: hahaha that’s funny. I swear I thought he gonna say the same thing tho. But at least my work is done for today. >w<

haku_: ah congratz! More free time huh? =P

eva210: Yup! And I’m going to go watch movie tomorrow with my friends here. How about you?

haku_: Not sure yet. But I suppose i’ll just chill at home. Nowhere to go anyway. Hehe.

eva210: Aww. If you’re here, I’d ask you to come together... Hey, go out with your friends over there. You’re lucky to be living overseas ya know! >w< I wish I was in your place.

haku_: LOL. I guess I’m just not that type of person then. Haha. Ok then. Go sleep early so you won’t sleep in the cinema tomorrow. Puhahahaha. xP

eva210: Haha. I probably would sleep anyway if the air conditioner is too cold. Hopefully I will get the best seat. Ok! I don’t know what time is it there, but good night!

“eva210 is offline”

 

Finally she went offline as Eri leans back on his chair.

“Haha, so she’s going to cinema tomorrow.” Eri smiled silently as he pulled out his phone.

 

“== Opening one message ==

== hey Eri, we’re going to cinema tomorrow in group. You wanna come?==

==from Emma==”

 

“No, I can’t go tomorrow Emma, sorry…” Eri blabbered as he closes back his phone.

He is an introvert who can’t talk to other people easily. It’s hard enough to go through everyday life chores, it is like impossible for him to get a proper friend. Not till he met Owen, who introduced him to the social life. Thanks to Owen, he finally gets to deal with people like a normal person would.

But it gets worst when he felt really lonely even though he sits with a bunch of friends. He couldn’t really see what’s there in life to go after to. It was mentally difficult for him to deal with life and he was really close to suicidal thoughts.

Not till that one moment where he was just killing his time with some boring stuff in the internet, and met the most kind and lovely person that he ever met in his life. Eri met a girl with the nickname “eva210” in an online forum. She was asking around about a rare book that she was searching for. It’s hard to get a copy of that book as it wasn’t re-printed anymore. And coincidentally Eri have a copy of that book.

Eri didn’t think much of it and willing to give it away to that girl. And that one word that changes his course of life… He wouldn’t forget it ever… “Hey…”

At first it was just a normal conversation, but slowly over time they shared stories about their own life. And Eri was really curious and interested in her life too. She opened new doors to understanding the meaning of life to him. Yes, everyday might be a routine, but there’s a little something in every day’s life that changes it all. And that’s the one that kept him going on and happy.

“RING RING”

Eri snapped back and look at his phone. Emma is calling him.

“Oh, hello Emma…” Eri answered the phone awkwardly.

“HELLO MISTER SO SPESHURR THAT I NEED TO CALL DIRECTLY TO GET AN ANSWER!” Emma shouted at him making him distanced the phone from his ears.

“Hahaha, I was about to answer your text. Sorry!” Eri lied, and grinned for his action.

“So are you going with us tomorrow? I’m not gonna take a no this time!” Emma asked.

“I’m sorry, I can’t go tomorrow. I.. I got things to do.  Yeah, busy with stuff to do…” Eri shrugged. Not used to tell lies.

“Ah no no no, I know exactly how you lie and you sir is lying right now. Either you come down tomorrow to the mall or I’ll come and grab your sorry myself. Got that? Kbye.” Emma ended the conversation leaving Eri dumbfounded.

“Aisht! This is bad. I can’t go tomorrow. She will be there with them.” Eri tried to call Emma back.

BZZZ BZZZ a message arrived.

“==Ah, I forgot to tell you that I told everyone you’re coming and they all are expecting you there. Of course if you are so selfish not to come, they all will be very disappointed… hehehe…==” Eri mouth hanged open reading Emma's message.

“THIS GIRL…!!” Eri clutches his phone tight suppressing his angry feeling.

 

---THE NEXT DAY---

 

“Oh you’re here early Eri!” Emma smiled and grinned when she found Eri waiting just outside the cinema entrance.

“You…” Eri eyed her and it almost like he gonna shoot laser beam out of his eyes.

“Aww don’t be mad, look everyone has arrived too” she pointed at a group of people walking toward them. He quickly straightens up and dusts off his clothes.

“Emma!” the girls shouted as they jumps around like a group of kids greeting each other. There were also 2 guys with them following from behind. Eri nervously look at each one of them and tries so hard not to stare directly into any of their curious eyes. Eri caught a glimpse of Laura and quickly turns away as he doesn’t want to be trapped by her looks this time.

“Guys guys! This is Eri, the guy I told you about… eventhough we’re all basically in the same class.” Emma nudges her shoulder toward Eri to make him introduce himself.

“Ah! Nice all meet… “ Eri blabbered nonsense and quickly stop and looks away. Emma snorted and laughs with the others. Eri stares at her angrily that the others stopped laughing almost immediately.

“Oh, don’t worry. He’s ain’t mad, he’s just shy. “ and then she giggles. The nerve!

After some casual chats and laughters, Emma went with the girls to buy some popcorns and drinks, while the guys went to buy the tickets.

Eri was awkward at first, but the handsome boy with stripes of dark red colour on his hair broke the ice.

“Hey, didn’t greet properly before. I’m Josh.”

“And I’m douglas, but you can call me Dee.” Says the other guy. He looks athletic with his tight shirt.

“Hey, I’m Eri, friends of Emma. You guys are in the same class with us?” Eri asked.

“No no, we’re from the 6th class.” Eri nods. They queued and bought the tickets. It was a scary movie. Eri shook his head. He especially hates those kind of movies, and now he’s gonna watch them with friends? And with Laura watching?

He shivers at the thought of it.

The seat was big enough for him, It was his second time going to a cinema, but he couldn’t remember his first time either. Never was a movie junkie.

Eri sat 2 seats from Laura. As far as he is from laura, he still sweat from nervousness as if Laura sat beside him.  The movie starts with a loud heartbeat sound….

 

 


 

 >_<