Chapter 3

"hey..." press enter to send

 

I love you May…”

“No, NO. Say that after we both get out of here! You gonna make it out with me ok?!”

“I.. I love you…”

“NO NO! Open your eyes!!”

Everyone gasp and I heard sobs as the actor embraces his lover who is now unconscious. Ghost and romance... Not bad at all.

The actor enchants a couple of words and then his lover’s body lights up and some sort of powerful power emits from it and shines the entire place. The place which looks creepy before changed to a warm and bright place. They made it… the power of love defeats the evil soul entrapped in the building…

The movie ends with the scene where the actor carries his lover toward an empty road that leads to the city.

I looked over my shoulder to take a peek at her… her again…

I don’t know what kind of powerful strings attached to my eyes to always make me turn and look at her every once in a while. Every time I see her smile, my heart warms up like never before, and whenever she looks sad, I felt like I need to hold her. I... what the heck is wrong with me??? And just as I look at her for the nth time, she finally turns toward my direction and our eyes locked for a second.

Shivers goes through my entire body, I look away and quickly get up and walk toward the exit. It was a spontaneous act. I don’t even know what I was doing. I just know that I need to go away as fast as possible or my heart gonna explode any second. I have been seeing her for months in the class and I still can’t coop with her presence around me yet.

I walked into the bathroom clutching my chest. Get it together Eri!

 

-------

Walking back to the entrance of the cinema, I checked my phone for any message.

“1 new message from Owen”

I smiled.

This dude never stops being a good friend to me. I read his message as I walked out of the door.

Emma punched my shoulder as if I’m a punch doll.

“Ouch! What was that for???” I frowned as she gave me the looks. The disbelief look.

“Oh! That was for walking off like you forgot there are people that you come with. That was rude of you! Where did you go?” She folds her arm up front.

“I went to the bathroom, that’s all. It was so cold, I thought I should wait till the movie ends and when it did, I storms out as fast as possible. “I lied.

“Well! It’s still rude. Tsk!” She pouts. I look around for her friends, and somehow wishing that they are already gone, because another glance at Laura probably gonna kill me this time.

Emma said they already went first to the food court to have some drinks. I look unsettled again.

A moment of silent past as Emma examined my face expression…

“Fineeee you can go...” Emma pouts again. She could read my face so well now. Recognizing my I-want-to-leave-now face.

“Thank you… “I blubbered. I don’t know what else to say. I feel bad to have to leave. But staying means I need to face Laura. I’m not ready for that yet! At first, I wasn’t like this when I see her, but after finding out who she is… how can I face her with... with my lies…

I bid Emma farewell and thanked her for calling me out to a movie. As I walk off the cinema, thoughts came into my mind…

 

+++Flashback+++

I was listening to the boring lecture about enzymes. I know exactly which is which and what triggers them active and what turns them off. Nothing new about them at all…

“Bzzzz~”

I look at my phone and see new chat message. I can’t help but smile a little.

Eva210: Hey, what are you doing? It’s so boring in the class… T_T

Oh! She’s also in a class at the moment? Of course she is, we live in the same time zone now! Stupid me.

Haku: Nothing much. Pretty bored myself. :P

Eva210: ahhh, can’t wait for the lecture to end. I need some iced apple tea!

Haku: LOL, hope the time goes by fast!!!

 

~BAM

“ERI!! Are my lecture so boring that you think playing with your phone is better than trying to listen to me?” The professor slams the desk with his palm.

“AH! Sorry sir! I got distracted that’s all. I’m really sorry!” I don’t feel sorry at all though… I flipped my phone and put it away.

The professor shook his head and continues the lecture. My phone buzzes a couple of time. But I couldn’t take a look at it, or else I’m riskingmyself of being kicked out of the class.

--

“Okay, that’s all for today. Please do the assignments that I’ve sent through the emails. Please read the…” the lecturer blabbers on and on but I didn’t listen anymore as I’m busy packing my stuff. I’m ditching my next class. They are all boring.

As the lecturer walks out of the class, I went out first like always. I need some refreshment too.

The vending machine is kind of old, so sometime the drinks is frozen due to the uneven temperature inside the container. I inserted my money and think about Eva’s iced apple tea.

“Clank” I pushed the iced apple tea button and a bottle of iced apple tea came out from under.

I crouch down to get it…

“Ah... That’s the last one...” I heard someone said behind me.

As I turn around, it was a she and she was looking directly at my newly bought apple tea. I was confused. I went from my bottle to her eyes, and then turn back to the machine.

“Ah! This is the last one indeed.” The button for iced apple tea turns red meaning that there’s no more of that drink in the machine.

I look at my drinks and look at her defeated expression… and then at my apple tea again…

“Meh... you can have this one. I wasn’t really going to buy this one anyway.” I offered the drinks.

To my surprise... I don’t know how fast and extreme an expression could change in a short time, but the girl’s expression was priceless, like I’ve just granted her a life-worth of wish.

“Thank you!! I’m really sorry; I was really going to buy this one. It’s my favorite.” The girl blurted as she hands me the money.

“Laura! Come and join us!” some girls called her to the table. It was my first time hearing her name. She’s neither the cutest nor the most beautiful girl I’ve ever met, but she looks different. Oh well, I guess that’s a girls charm; each one has their own uniqueness.

“Oh the typical guys mind.“

I knocked my head as Laura walks away with her drinks and I insert the money into the machine to buy an iced lemon tea.

I settled down on a bench beside the cafeteria as I gulp down the heavenly water.

“Buzzz”

“Eva!” I almost forgot she messaged me before in class. I quickly flip my phone open and click the chat icon.

“10:45am eva210: I’m sorry I got to go, the lecturer is getting angry!

“11:10am eva210: Finally!!!! The lecture is finished!  >w<

Hahaha, she’s so cute…

eva210: I’m lucky I didn’t get scolded, but a guy at the front got scolded. Lmao. Not lucky enough. :P

HAHAHA, I guess all lecturers are like that these days. I mean I was scolded… her classmate got sco…

eva210: And to make things worse, he got the last iced apple tea that I told you that I’m gonna get. I don’t know, but he gave me the drinks and bought something else. Poor him… But I got my Iced Apple Tea though!! xD

“Apple Tea?”

“Last bottle?”

“What?”

“WHAT???????”

I reread the chat over and over again.

Class end in 10 minutes” same as me!

Lecturer is angry” same as me!

Her boy classmates got scolded” in my case, it’s me!

At 11:45, her lecture is done” same as mine!

Last bottle of iced apple tea and a guy…” that’s….

 

I gasped in horror.

“LAURA!” I almost screamed out her name in front of the cafeteria like I just won a lottery!

LAURA????

It can’t be her????

My palm covers my hanged open mouth. Shocked and perplexed.

I drop my lemon tea bottle and walk back into the cafeteria. Eyeing every figure in that place.

And there she is, sitting in a circle with her friends. Just then I saw her slip her phone into the back pocket of her slacks.

“It can’t be her! It can’t!” My heartbeat went super crazy.

I walked toward her... I don’t know what’s in my mind, but I need to see the phone myself!  What kind of terrible coincidence is this? Good luck or bad luck???

Without me noticing I’m already standing a few feet from her back. And my eyes stared hard at her lower back pocket.

I need to know whether she is what I think who she is. But what if she is her?? I didn’t expect to find her like this. I do wish every day that I will finally see her face to face…. But not like this!!!

Her… her phone got all the answer. If only I could-

-

“EXCUSE ME COULDN’T YOU BE MORE OBVIOUS OH MY GOD!” I snapped back to reality as a loud voice storms into my ears.

“HOW COULD YOU STARE AT HER JUST LIKE THAT OH MY GOD!!!” It was this girl they called Emma in the class. She is a happy go lucky girl... and obviously a very noisy one.

I looked at Emma and then at Laura who pulls her bag to cover her . Her cheek was a bit flushed. She looks at me with an embarrassed look.

“Ha? WHa??” I stuttered.

 I was too deep into my thoughts that I forgot I was also staring at her when I was just staring at the pocket which held the secret of the world!!!

“NO NO NO! You got it wrong!” I finally came into my senses. They all stood up and walk away from the cafeteria while eyeing me with a disgusted look.

Laura was walking fast ahead of the group… with her bag still covering her .

I... WHAT THE KK???

I walked away as people in the cafeteria also gave me the same look as Laura’s group.

Just as I crossed the corner inside the building, my phone vibrates again.

“Bzzz~”

“eva210: Cross all those words I said earlier! The guy is a creeper!! He stared at my openly like it’s not wrong at all!! Oh my god! >///<”

OH GOD, IT’S HER!

I stared at my phone for a minute trying to sink in the fact into my skull.

I look ahead of me…

“My first encounter with her…. AND I’M A ERTED WATCHER?????????”

 

 

 


ㅋㅋㅋㅋ ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)