Thirteen

Our Love Stories

Kimmie's POV

Today's supposed to be Woohyun's big game day, and we're supposed to be there to support him. But Eunhee decided to have a double date at the ice skating rink instead. That girl can be a bit weird sometimes but she's still my and Chanyeol's friend.

"Do you guys know how to ice skate?" Chanyeol asks, putting on his skates.

"A little," I say, but I'm really scared.

"Don't worry, Kimmie-ya, I'm here to make sure you won't fall." Hoya winks at me.

Thump! Thump!

I blush really hard whenever he does that.

"Aww Kimmie-ah," Eunhee teases and I give her an evil look. She mouths the word "sorry" but then giggles again. I just roll my eyes at her.

 

"Whoa!" the ice is really slippery. I have been here a few times but I just can't get the hang of it. It's frustrating!

"Here I got you!" Hoya says, holding on to me. "Just go step by step. You'll get it."

I listen to what Hoya's saying and follows his lead. My head is saying "You can do it" but my legs are saying "Get us out of here!"

"Wait, I think I can do this. Hold on," I say, motioning Hoya to let go of me.

I slowly and shakily skate. Wait! Wait! I think I'm getting this. I start laughing like crazy inside my head.

"Look out!" voices call out.

I look to my right and see a couple of guys heading my way!

They seem to be out of control and can't stop.

Boom!

Oww. That hurts a lot! 

The next thing I know, I was flat on the ice, rubbing my arm.

"Are you okay?!" Hoya rushes over to me.

I'm not really that okay but everything on my body seems to be in place. Well at least I hope so.

"Come on let's go and sit down," Hoya says. I'm glad I have him to take care of me.

I slowly stand up.

"Oww!"

"What happened?"

"I can't move my right leg!"

"Oh no! Let's call the doctor! We'll take you to the hospital!"

 

Once we're finally in the hospital, the doctor says, "Ms. Jang had broken her right ankle. We'll keep her here for the night to make sure everything will be better. Don't worry."

They let me into a private room and the nurses make sure my bed is comfortable enough for me.

"Everything will be fine, don't worry," Hoya smiles. I'm not really that worry, it's just I hope that I won't be a bother to everyone else.

He gives me a kiss on the forehead and the doctor comes in and asks him to leave for the night. He obeys but he says he'll definitely be here in the morning.

 

I open my eyes and see very familiar faces.

"Hoya? Haru? Where am I?"

"You're in the hospital, silly," Haru tells me, smiling, "the doctor said you're fine and that you need crutches for a while as your ankle is healing. And he says you can go home today. So do you want to eat first before we go?"

"No! I wanna go home now! Please!" I beg. It's uncomfortable being here in the hospital.

Hoya and Haru chuckle and help me get ready.

I place the two crutches under my arms and Hoya and Haru help me out.

Once we got home, Hoya helps me on to my bed while Haru fluffs my pillow.

"Thanks guys. I hope I'm not bother," I say, looking at them.

Hoya shakes his head.

"You're not a bother at all. You're my girlfriend and I care about you," he says.

"Yeah and you're my best friend. You'll never be a bother to me." Haru smiles.

They are so kind and sweet. I'm glad I have friends like them.

 

For the past few days, Hoya had been coming over a lot after school. My mom lets me rest for a while and I have been feeling pretty lonely. But I'm glad Hoya's here.

Sometimes he would come with Woohyun. Sometimes with Haru and V. Other times by himself.

But today he has dance practice until late at night. He'd been texting me a thousand of times saying that he's sorry. But I said it's okay, I understand.

So instead, Jungkook comes over.

"Hi there, sorry I haven't been coming over. I've been busy," Jungkook apologizes.

I shake my head and smiling.

"It's okay. Hoya's been keeping me companied."

"Where is he today?"

"Dance practice."

"Aah," Jungkook suddenly brightens up. Weird.

"Hey, I've brought you something," he continues and reaches into his paper bag and pulls out a stuffed kangaroo.

"I decide to give this to you because since you're half Australian, I thought you might like it. Here"

I grab it and smile from ear to ear. The toy is so cute and fluffy.

"Thank you Jungkook-sshi!!" I spread out my arms, telling him to give me a hug.

"You should go to sleep soon, it's late now. Come on lay down. I'll wait until you're asleep and I'll leave," Jungkook says.

I obey and lay down. I hug the stuffed kangaroo and I feel my eyes getting heavier and heavier.

Soon I'm off to Dreamland.

 

The next morning when I wake up, I found a piece of paper stuck on my stuffed kangaroo.

Weird it wasn't there when Jungkook gave it to me last night.

I pull it out and unfold it.

Here is what the paper says:

Dear Jang Kimmie,

Uhm, how do I say this?

It's been really hard for me lately to be around you, especially when Hoya's there.

Okay I'll just say it.

I like you a lot Kimmie! A lot!

I was about to tell you that day but I guess Hoya beat me to it.

It hurts for me to see you guys together. But I understand if you're happy, I'm happy too.

Yours truly,

Jungkook <3

Eh?

What's happening?