All About Us

skip to the good parts

all about us. 

g. fluff. ~1.7k. let's just say, chanyeol is an overly excited father-to be. (het!chansoo.) 

 

 

the room is unusually quiet save for the furious typing on the keyboard. kyungsoo's eyelids slowly open to the sight of the same pristine white ceiling that has glow in the dark stars embedded on it. it was chanyeol's idea; saying that the stars, even unreal ones, would be good to look at when the lights were turned off.

she moved on the other side of the bed and was welcomed with a cold, empty space. contrary to what she usually wakes up to, with long limbs wrapped around hers and arms holding her dearly. her husband was nowhere to be seen.  kyungsoo pouts, because it's actually sunday and lazy sunday mornings are perfect for cuddling. she wanted to bask in chanyeol's body warmth.

she slowly situates her body so that she is now sitting, head and back well rested on the headboard. believe it or not, ever since she has discovered that she was pregnant, she started to develop a habit of caressing her belly, possibly due to the fact that it will be larger soon and that it will be the only skinship that she can initiate on the growing baby that’s been temporarily finding shelter in her womb.

she proceeds to caress the growing lump on her belly and says a gentle 'good morning, baby’. kyungsoo feels her muscle contract as the baby inside her kicks and after a second, she chuckles. ‘aww, baby,’ she breathes, happy about her baby’s prompt response.


almost instantly, her eyes flitted to a slumped figure on the floor, eyes concentrated on a netbook placed on his lap.

'yeol?'  he looks silly with his pororo pajamas on. but after having a good look of him, she gasps as takes in her husband's bed hair and scrunched eyebrows and hell—if he can get anymore hotter than he already is! she's not even kidding about the fact that her heart lurches at the sight because honestly, chanyeol's bed hair and scrunched eyebrows have always been a turn on. and well, let’s just say, before she got pregnant, the sight of his y unkempt hair always results to another round of .

'hey, baby, good morning,' he grins at her before putting away the netbook. he climbs up the bed and took the spot beside her and hugs her. consequently, he kisses her on the lips before stooping to kiss the lump on her belly.

'what were you doing?'

'it's nothing, yura-noona just sent me some links and i was just checking it out,' he utters reassuringly.

''kay. you weren't really chatting with your ex from college? what's her name again? kaia? hmm?' she asks, her voice b with doubt.

he sighs, almost sounding tired because of kyungsoo’s questioning. she wouldn't admit it, but he notices the sudden change in her moods. she can be cranky in a second and really sweet in the next and he’s always confused at the reason of her moodswings. in addition, she started being overly jealous and defensive. he would always tell her that he would never cheat on her and that for god’s sake they already had a baby, but she would just shrug, while asking him to show him his phone. chanyeol would always comply, not wanting to make this issue bigger and to prove that he has nothing to hide.

unbeknownst to chanyeol, kyungsoo, at night, when her husband has long drifted off to dreamland, whispers her thanks to chanyeol. she would say that she’s extremely thankful that she put up with her and that she’s only doing it because she’s a clingy wife and she would never take it well if chanyeol leaves her for another.

she has known all of chanyeol’s exes and it was just recently that she heard from baekhee that kaia has returned from paris. of course, before they became a couple, they had been best friends and she knows just how much chanyeol had loved kaia. before, the boy would literally have hearts on his eyes as he chases the younger. he was deeply enamoured at kaia—kaia who is the epitome of perfection. and it’s really impossible not to grow insecure at the younger.

but after they had been a couple, when her husband had accepted the fact that he and kaia aren’t really for each other—chanyeol had spent a whole two hours of convincing kyungsoo (who was deeply insecure and jealous at that time at kai, just like now) that he loves her so much and he wouldn’t exchange her for another. and kyungsoo, who kept silent at that time, realized that he is sincere. and hence, all the feelings of doubt and jealousy vanished.

chanyeol has been nothing but the best; always giving her what she wants and never complaining on her mood swings. which is why her guilt is eating her because there’s still doubt in her head, when in fact, chanyeol has been trying his best to show him he’s hers. that’s why, to make up, she always ends her speech of sorts, with a heartfelt, ‘I love you so much, park chanyeol,’ every night. 

and though he never told, chanyeol caught her once.
 

chanyeol almost consulted all of their friends about kyungsoo’s ‘moodswings’ and ‘jealousy’ and they would just brush it off with a  ‘it's a pregnancy thing,' it would be dumb to admit but he spent hours googling it before coming to accept that there’s such thing in pregnancy.


'soo, you know i wasn't.'

‘ i know,' she utters. 'but i'm sure you also know that i'll skin you alive if i saw you chatting with her,' she’s joking but well, she can be intimidating.

'soo—‘

she smiles. 'i was kidding,'




basically nothing wasn't really nothing when two weeks after their conversation, there were piles of boxes on the living room, bubble wraps and baby clothing messily scattered on the living room. it’s what welcomed soo when she emerges from their bedroom.

'park chanyeol, just what is happening?' she notices chanyeol sitting on the floor while assembling a blue walker. walker? why would he… could it be that….

'soo! just look at this jumper i got! isn't it cute! i also got myself a shirt? so that baby and i would match! isn’t it cute?” he holds up a white cotton jumper that has small print in the middle that reads: my dad is cooler than your dad. on his other hand was a white shirt that has the font used in the other jumper but with a different text. this time, the text reads, coolest dad ever! soo literally facepalms herself.


“do you want me to get you one also? it would be lovely, then we would take a pic--“

“what’s up with all of these?” she inquires, face looking so confused. “tell me.” she utters, sounding so serious. kyungsoo crosses her arms, waiting for chanyeol’s explanations.

“i—“ he starts. then, he’s making that face, that face when he does something stupid and he’s trying to placate kyungsoo’s anger. “yura noona linked an online shopping site, asking me to pick one and she’ll pay for it. the baby items are really cute i can’t help myself and then bam, i ended up buying a couple of things for our baby. other stuff will be delivered next week..” kyungsoo heaves a deep sigh.
 

“just what happened to our talk about holding our money well? chanyeol, i thought we promised that there’ll be no more impulsive buying.”

“i—“ well, at least chanyeol has the nerve to look guilty. “this is the last time, i swear.”

there was a long silence before kyungsoo responds. “okay,”

“come here and check these things out with me, will ya?” chanyeol invites.

kyungsoo walks to where chanyeol was sitting and surprises the taller by sitting on his lap instead of just beside him. chanyeol responds well by adjusting so that kyungsoo could sit better and later on hugs her from behind. well, a kiss on the cheek pretty much made her less annoyed.

“don’t be too angry, hmm?” she just chuckles in return because chanyeol knows her too well.

 

 


“will you be fine alone?” the car has stopped in front of the shopping mall and chanyeol was suddenly worried on leaving her pregnant wife behind.

“yup, and besides, baekhee’s with me. it has been a long time since we last saw each other. so it’s fine! ill just text you when you’ll fetch me, okay?” she unbuckles the seat belt only after kissing her husband goodbye.

“be careful driving.” with a little wave she says, “bye, yeol,”

 



“so what's up with the future parents of our little cutie over here?” baekhee gestures over kyungsoo’s growing belly.

“well, nothing much,” she says while munching on a cake baekhee bought for her. “chanyeol had gone nuts over online shopping,”

“w-what?” baekhee chokes on her iced coffee.

“there are load of boxes in our living room containing baby clothing and cribs!” she exclaims.

“well, that was cute,” baekhee chuckles.  

“not cute. that must’ve costed him a huge amount of money,” she frowns.

“what’s wrong with that? he has a high paying job!”

“baek, it’s not that. we talked about saving money for our baby and stop buying things out of impulse!” baekhee snorts.

“hey, soo, but don’t you appreciate what he did?”

“of course i do!”        

“no you don’t,”

“for the first time in his life, chanyeol was going all out on your baby and yet you got mad! doesn’t it just prove that chanyeol loves your baby so much?”

“i—“ she pouts. “but didn’t we make up after? i didn’t get too mad,”

“oh my god, you’re so stupid,”  “go and kiss him and thank him or something,”

 

 

 

here’s why, when chanyeol fetches her that afternoon, kyungsoo suggested for them to go and have a date, saying that ‘it’s been a while,’. chanyeol agrees, he never questions kyungsoo, after all. and a date would be good.

and when lights have been gone and the screen’s already playing the movie did kyungsoo lean closer and kiss her husband in the cheek lovingly. “thank you so much, yeol,”

“hmm? for what?” he asks, with a really sweet smile gracing his face.

“just—thanks. i love you,” she whispers. she really means it.

“i love you too, baby,”

 


 

 

an : i iz lame i am sorry very self-indulgent