Wishing I could have you nearer

skip to the good parts

chankaisoo. 842 w. 

 

/////

 

 

kyungsoo is only three steps away from the door when the door flies open, signalling everyone inside that the ceremony is about to start.

all eyes were averted to the entrance of the chapel, where kyungsoo stands, looking the loveliest in a simple white long gown that she herself designed. the gown was extravagant; flaunting kyungsoo’s curves at the right places. though the veil is covering her face, kyungsoo’s aura still exudes—a bright and positive aura that makes everyone sport a smile upon looking at the lovely bride.

soft piano music filled the venue as baekhyun plays the piano on other side of the chapel. baekhyun’s fingers graces the piano keys as she plays pachelbel’s canon, just like what kyungsoo requested.

‘it has always been my childhood fantasy to walk down the aisle while canon plays in the background. isn’t it just romantic, baekhyunnie?’ baekhyun remembers kyungsoo saying back in high school, in one of their sleep overs.

back then she just laughed at her, resulting to a pout being formed at the face of the younger.
the pout on kyungsoo’s face suddenly turned into a grin, like a silly idea suddenly crossed her so mind.

‘say, baekhyunnie, you play the piano, right? if ever i get married, i want you to be the one playing my favorite piano piece in the world on my special day. you would do that for me, right? right?’ there’s a dreamy look on kyungsoo, a teenager then, who’s fond of fairytales and ever afters.

kyungsoo looked at baekhyun expectantly. and baekhyun knows that look—the look you cannot possibly say no to.

‘fine, soo.’ so baekyun agrees, a wide smile  plastering her face.

‘i swear to god, youre like the bestest bestest friend ever!’ kyungsoo moves to envelop the older into a bone-crushing hug and baekhyun chuckles as she hugs back.

she wouldn’t have thought that it’d be soon — five years has passed since but it felt like it was still yesterday when that promise was made.

 


just like in every romantic movie, it’s a heart tugging scene to watch the bride walk in the aisle to the front of the altar, where the groom awaits, along with the best man.


the ends of the long white gown follows her like a shadow as she slowly walks to the altar. of course she’s not alone; her parents walk beside her—her father on the right while her mother on her left.

as they are slowly approaching the altar, kyungsoo finally spots him.

he is wearing a black suit and his raven black hair was slicked backwards—a look jongin has always pulled so well. at that moment, kyungsoo wouldn’t even deny that he is so dashing. she can’t help but crack a smile.

just a couple of steps away and kyungsoo locked eyes with jongin. there’s a look on jongin’s eyes that she can’t read. it doesn’t matter anyway, she knows jongin wants this as much as she wants—maybe even more.

her mother discreetly wipes the tears in her eyes while she watches jongin bow to them. with a pat on the back and a ‘take care of her, son,’, mr.do leads his wife to their seats.

it’s just the two of them now. she beams at his groom.

she’s about to hook her arm on jongin’s when she sees the man beside jongin and she stops. the smile on her face disappears.


chanyeol.

it’s not unknown to her that chanyeol has been chosen as jongin’s best man. jongin personally chose the taller, for they are just in the same circle of friends. 

however, everything between chanyeol and kyungsoo is not known to jongin.

kyungsoo never plans on telling. 


they lock eyes. it’s a mere seconds but kyungsoo feels like it’s been forever. everyone seemed to have disappeared; at that very moment, it’s just her and him.

there’s wistfulness in his eyes and kyungsoo suddenly feels her heart ache. his eyes say a lot of things.

there’s a hidden feeling at the depths of kyungsoo’s heart that she suppresses and she didn’t expect that it would just spring out today, of all the days, upon seeing the man that she loved. no, loves. she never stopped.

suddenly, her mind feels like spinning, a whirlwind of memories come to her; hitting her all at once. her chest is pooled with plethora of emotions.

she’s confused as hell and because yes, she loves jongin dearly. she loves him so much, there’s no doubt in that. however, a mere sight of someone, someone she hasn’t seen in years, has her feeling this way.

‘soo?’ he hears jongin mutter. ‘let’s go?’

chanyeol mouths a ‘congratulations’ and gives her an uptight smile before he looks away.

she turned back to jongin and nods. she lets herself be escorted to the center. and as the two of them stand side by side, kyungsoo prays at the back of her mind for her unwanted and sudden feelings to vanish and cage itself back to the depths of her heart.