Chapter 4: D’Light Bakery

Love Song

You woke up at 7 o’clock. You gazed softly at your parent’s picture.

Good morning Mom, Dad..

You smiled then headed to bathroom.

After refreshing shower, you decided to make breakfast.

That’s the least I could do.

You started to pour some flour and make pancakes.

“Rana, you don’t have to..” you heard your auntie came to the kitchen.

“It’s fine auntie, I wanna help...” You said smiling.

“You’re so kind just like your mom...” She said as she lightly patted your head.

Before you could reply, she hugged you tightly.

“She must be proud of you..” you shook your head.

I don’t know.

“So I’ll go set the table” you nodded.

“Auntie, starting today Im working at a bakery..” you told her as you placed the meals on the table.

“When will you..?”

“Yesterday.. I just wanna spend my holiday and do something” your aunt nodded in agreement.

“Then when will you finish?”                             

“Around 10 pm..”

“Okay then. Do your best.” Your aunt said smiling. You beamed and nodded.

“Where is Ga Young?” You curiously asked. You haven't seen her this morning.

“Oh, she's still sleeping. I'll wake her up later. Today I bring her to hospital for her treatment.”

You paused eating, and put your fork down.

“What's exactly she's been through? “

“She has cancer.”

Your eyes widened. You apologetically gazed at your aunt.

“Im sorry auntie.”

“No, it's not your fault.”

“I believe she'll recover soon.” Your auntie nodded.

“Now hurry and finish your breakfast or you'll be late in your first day.”

.

You checked your look once again. After you fixed your shirt and your skirt then you headed towards the door. As soon as you opened the door, Jinyoung appeared, made your heart jumped a little because of surprised.

What the hell is he doing?

“Ck. Don't you have things to do beside bothering me?” you asked annoying.

“Im not bothering you..” He cheerfully said.

“Cuz Im here to pick you up. Let’s go.” He said as he pointed a bike in front of you.

You blinked in surprise.

This guy sure is weirdo.

You bit your lips to hide your smile.

But Im weirder.

“Come on up. “

You shook your head but jumped out and sat behind him instead.

“Yeah.”. Jinyoung mumbled.

“What?”

“Nothing..” He giggled.

You rolled your eyes.

On your way to your work, he kept humming. His voice was soft and beautiful. You let out a little smile came from your face.

 

After you arrived at d'light bakery, you swiveled and faced him.

“Look Jinyoung-shi, Im so thankful to you for helping to get this job. But can you please don't force yourself to pick me up??” You asked.

He piercingly gazed at you.

“Im not forcing my self. Don't worry, I like it to pick you up though.” He said with serious tone.

You sighed.

“Pfft. Yea, whatever.” You rolled your eyes and pushed the door as you entered the shop.

In the corner of your eyes you could see him waving at you. You spun around and watching him disappeared.

 

You looked up as you heard someone came towards you.

“Anyeong haseyo uncle.” You bowed at the owner.

“Oh Rana right?” You nodded.

“Ready for your first day?”

“Yes uncle.”

“Okay I'll call your co-workers.”

“Seohyun, Onew, come here. We have new worker.”

You straightened up and glanced at two people in front of you. Onew seemed surprise to see the new worker is actually you while Seohyun happily approached you.

You smiled at those two.

“Annyeong haseyo, Shin Rana imnida.” You bowed.

“Annyeong, Seohyun imnida.” seohyun  widely smiled at you.

“Onew imnida.” You gasped in surprise.

It’s him.

“Ok kids, now listen up. Rana will start work today, so I expect you two to help her. Understand?” the owner ordered.

“Yes uncle.” They both replied.

 

“Im so happy, that you come to work here. I've been dying in boredom because I have no one to talk to except the customer.” Seohyun talked as you and her cleaned the floor.

“What about him?” You asked about Onew.

“Dont ask. He's really something. I mean, he never talk, and he always has those sad eyes. Uggh. He’s so boring. I don’t know why those girl falling for him anyway.” She explained.

You nodded.

I wonder why he has mysterious eyes..

“Now you have me to talk to.” You tapped her shoulder.

“Yeah. Friends?”

“Yeah”

She giggled. You stopped smiling when you heard someone cleared his throat.

“Im sorry cause Im boring, but we have tons of work to do, so zip it!!” Onew said coldly. Seohyun rolled her eyes while you just nodded and continued your work.

 

It was almost 10 PM. You, Seohyun, and Onew said goodbye to the owner and headed to the door. Seohyun waved goodbye because she lived in neighborhood. You smiled and strode.

“Mind if I walk you home?”

“Huh?” you turned your head and saw Onew walked beside you.

“Onew-shi it’s okay. I can walk by my side” you politely replied.

“Nevermind..”

“What?”

“My home also this way.” He pointed to the south. You nodded.

It was so awkward compared to when Jinyoung walked you home.

So you decided to talk first.

“I..” you both said in the same time. You chuckled.

“You first” he said.

“Thank you so much for helping me..”

“It’s nothing..” he replied.                       

“But stil..” you muttered as you realized you were in front of your house.

You turned back and faced Onew.

“So what were you gonna say?”

“See you tomorrow.” He gazed at you which made your heart pounded. You deeply took a breath and calmed yourself down.

You thanked him once again and bowed. Before he could go, you called him and asked him to wait for a while.

You rushed over your room and grabbed a bag with Onew’s coat in it.

“I washed it.” you said.

He just nodded and left you dumbfounded.

He sure is so cold.

 

-------------

a/n:

Sorry for boring chapter and sorry if there're many bad grammars.

hope you like this chapter. :)