A Night with the Kings

TKO

At just past 12:30 am, Saro stumbles out of a black van in front of the largest house she's ever seen. Rich gardens surround a white spacious four story building with notably lots of windows and two balconies. There's a pool in the back built into the house and then there is a steep drop off of about 600 feet into the Yellow Sea. The entire house is guarded by VIPs whom, as Taeyang leads Saro past, she realizes are armed with silent weapons such as bo staffs, throwing stars, chains, strangle rope, small knives.

 "I still cannot believe that this is real and nobody outside of Korea knows anything about this," Saro says aloud, but to herself.

The wind picks up as they enter the palace and storm clouds roll up overheard, the smell of rain filling the air.

Inside the house, a redheaded VIP shows Saro to her room in the beck of the huge house and a blonde one brings in Saro's suitcase.

 "Wait. How did you-?"

"This side is run by VIPs. There's nothing that happens here that the Kings don't know about. Especially the whereabouts of an important teacher," the redhead replies.

Saro smiles politely and sits on the bed, "Oh. Right," she says awkwardly, "So...what's your names?"

The blonde speaks up, her tone is disciplined and formal, like a soldier, "I'm Anna. This is Kate. We're the cooks and the maids for the Kings."

"Nice to meet you," Saro replies and bows. She tries to hide how uncomfortable she feels but it doesn't work. They can probably sense how tense Saro is.

 "Relax and go to sleep, Teacher. We'll wake you up in about 9 hours," Kate says and they bow and close the door behind them. Saro  reaches over to the lamp on the desk and pulls the chain, turning the bulb off.

 Looking around the room, Saro feels suddenly overwhelmed with dread and anxiety. The walls are white and the trim is a soft powdery blue in this room; an elegant yet peaceful feeling emits from the light colors. There's one window and it's floor to ceiling in length with silky curtains. Had this happened any other time, Saro would be pleased with the design of the room. Now, though, her heart aches.

 Saro sits on the wood floor and pulls her knees up to her chest, tears falling from her eyes silently and shamelessly.

A soft knock at the door makes Saro jerk her head up some time later. Quickly, Saro wipes her tears away and gets up to open the door.

Daesung stands on the other side, his face silhouetted by moonlight from a window somewhere close to her door.

 "Were you sleeping Teacher?"

 "Oh. No, Your Highness. Please, come in."

Saro opens the door and bows slightly to Daesung as he cautiously enters the room that now belongs to Saro.

 "I'm sorry that I am here so early in the morning, Teacher. I should just let you rest," Daesung says suddenly, apparently changing his mind at the last second.

He turns to go but Saro reaches out and grabs the wrist hem of Daesung's sleeping shirt.

 "Please, uhm...tell me something," Saro asks softly.

 Daesung stops and looks at her, seeing tears well up in her eyes.

 "Neh, Seungsangnim?"

​ "Why am I here? What is the connection the other King has made between his dream and me?" the desperation in Saro's voice does not go unheard.

 "TOP Hyung had a recurring dream for a long time about being really close to a red haired foreign teacher. He said that he felt somehow attracted to her but not because of her beauty, but of the power he felt in her presence. Like she was real Royalty. In his dream he touched her hair and felt a kind of electric buzz. Like holding a cell phone that is on the weakest setting of vibrate. TOP Hyung's been through hundreds of red haired teachers trying to find her. You're the one TOP Hyung dreamed about, Teacher. He believes you can stop this war between Big Bang and Block B," Daesung replies gently, clearly holding faith in his Hyung's dream come true.

 "But how? I don't know anything at all about Korea or this war. I learned Korean when I was in high school and that's about it. I had no idea about any of this."

Daesung looks down, "No one on the outside does. We've shut the airports down. Your plane was the last to land. That's why there are no radio signals being broadcasted out or television channels to view. The whole country this side of the DMZ* is quarantined in an attempt to end this ridiculous feud between empires.

 "Oh my God," Saro says, slowly coming to grips with what may be her fate. " I can never leave this country, can I Your Highness?"

 Daesung looks down again and sadly shrugged. He looks up again and tries to smile, "I don't know, Teacher. If it's possible, I'll try to get you out myself."

 "Oh... I'm scared..." Saro says looking at Daesung's pretty brown eyes. His platinum blonde, nearly white hair glows with the light of the moon through her window.

 "Me too, Teacher."

 Daesung bows formally, Saro mirroring the formal greeting, and he leaves her alone.

Saro tosses and turns for hours before her body gives in and she sleeps. The last two things to cross her mind are, I need to talk to that other King, and A war to end and I haven't even slept my jet lag off. Crap.

================================================================

Hope you enjoyed this! Please comment any ideas you have about the storyline! <3