Welcome to Our Gang War

TKO

"Yes! Thank you Shisus the ride is over!" Saro exclaims as she yanks her over-stuffed suitcase down the bus steps and over to the sidewalk before she stops and stretches her body. The other passengers push past her, rolling their eyes as she continues to flex her arms and leg muscles.

"It's uncomfortable being stuck in a box for two hours," Saro explains to no one in particular as she continues to relax her petite frame.

Suddenly, Saro's flat stomach growls and she blushes. 'You hungry?'

"You hungry?"

Saro looks up, 'Who...? Oh whoa. You're hot!' She can feel her cheeks get warm. 

Standing in front of her, a young man, maybe two years older, flashes her the sweetest smile ever. Saro's heart flutters.

"Hi!" He says again.

"...Hey," Saro replies softly.

"You look a little lost. I was on my way to eat and you can join me if you want. Then you can figure out where you're supposed to go."

Saro half listens and looks him over.

Laced up in starch white high tops, baggy jeans with the chain on the belt loops, a really nice and toned body hidden modestly under a baggy white t shirt under a bulky black jacket, this boy is really attractive. A couple of rings on his fingers, studs in his ears and a perfect mohawk to finish the look. This boy is really polite too.

Saro snaps back to the present when he clears his voice.

"I'm sorry. What's your name?"

That smile again, and a small laugh. "Dong Young Bae. I'm called Taeyang a lot, though."

He speaks really confidently and his smooth, low voice is really attractive as well.

"I'm...Saro," she says really softly again.

Dong Young Bae- Taeyang, laughs again and takes her luggage handle in on hand and then hooks arms with her and together they walk down the street to the cross-walk, cross over, and then continue on down the street to a pizza place.

****************************************************************

Sitting across from him, with her suitcase under the table and out of the way, Saro tries to avoid staring at this Angel and focus on her menu. She's seriously struggling.

"So where are you from?" Taeyang says from behind his menu.

"The United States. I'm here as a teacher."

"English?"

"...Yeah." Saro says, risking a glance up at him.

"That's great. What school?"

"Hyun Leuk High School? I'm not sure where that is, though."

"Hyun Leuk..." Taeyang's voice changes.

Saro looks up and his face looks a little unhappy.

"What's wrong with the school? Bad rep?"

Taeyang looks up and meets her eyes, "You could say that. Here. Let me explain-uhm... Do you have paper and a pen?"

"Huh? Oh sure," Saro looks down and digs through her purse for a notepad and a pen and sets them on the table for him.

Taeyang takes them and scribbles out a blue print of the school and the street it's on as well as the buildings on both sides of the road. He draws a line right down the middle, splitting the road and the school in half.

"There are about 20 fandoms battling in Seoul, but the two main ones are Block B Crew and Big Bang. The "muscle" or the thugs for either gangs have names too. BBCs and VIPs. I am a sub-leader of Big Bang. There's five of us. We have about 8,000 VIPs around us at any given time as a kind of team of bodyguards. Block B has BBCs around them too, and there's five of them as well. Woo Ji Ho,"Zico" as he prefers, is the mastermind behind the Block B Crew. He's arrogant and heartless. Our side is led by Kwon Ji Yong..."

"Wait. There are gangs in Korea?" Saro says surprised.

"Yes ma'am. Your school is right down the middle of our turf boarder. Block B owns half the school, Big Bang owns the other half. All hospitals and schools and libraries are neutral grounds, meaning that no one fights there. However, BBCs that go to class with VIPs will separate themselves in the classroom. We hate each other and it's tearing Seoul apart."

"But why are you fighting? What started it and why aren't the police handling this?"

"No one knows why or what started this. The police are all either terrified or biased and separated."

Saro slumps back in her seat as a waitress steps up and asks for their orders. Saro chooses the closest thing to a pepperoni pizza with extra cheese and sits back astonished at how quickly her world changed.

Taeyang laughs lightly as he understands Saro's discomfort very well.

"Welcome to our gang war," he says and raises his tea glass in a salute to her.

*******

How do you like this? Is it good? Think you'll read it to the end? I've made up my mind to make this longer than a One Shot so there will be quite a few chapters... I'll post at least a chapter a day. Pinky Promise. Please comment and tell me what you think!