Chapter One: Different

Unconditionally Loving You

Chapter One: Different

 

"As I was saying, the history of this new ideology is short, and it only started in the year 2015 when North Korea was over turned by rebels conceiving this idea. Contrary to popular belief that other Asian countries had fallen, South Korea was the first to fall, being it's neighbour but this was due to an unprecedented attack. When Malaysia fell next, followed by Singapore, it was too late for the United Nations as they were murdered at the council. Chaos ensued, but now everything is stable under the ideology of Medivolgy, turning back in time. What does Medivolgy mean?" Yuko asked, sitting patiently at the front, calmly pouring tea as the rest of her class listened. A petite girl raised her hand and Yuko nodded her consent as the girl answered her question.

 

"Turning back to our ancestry to relive that period of time in order to save man from destruction."

 

"Correct Shia. Now what do you know about the government and hierarchy of the people under this ideology?" At that, the whole class chorused as one, having memorised the answers yesterday.

 

"The government is ruled by the wealthy with money and education. They are considered the top of the hierarchy followed by toys who belong to them and lastly the labourers who are the lowest of the low."

 

"Is it possible to change ranks?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Good, it is indeed possible to change ranks under decree of marriage but the shame brought upon the family is too much that many choose not to. But as a toy, Yuka taught you this yesterday. What are the three rules that every toy, everyone of you, must remember?" There's dreaded silence in the class before they speak as one, voice soft.

 

"A toy must always obey their Master. A toy is at the expense of its Master's commands. A toy must never fall in love with it's Master."

 

"Is that all?" Yuko smiles and the class looks up at her and for a second there's a look of hunger, something ravenous and desperate, before it disappears in a flash as they answer smoothly with a 'no'. Yuko nods and easily dismisses them with a wave of her hand. They were the senior class, almost ready for selling. 2021, how time flies, Yuko thought darkly. It was a miracle that was what it was. How Yuka had persuaded Master Dongmin that she could make the toys obedient had worked perfectly and they had never been sold. They were all twenty three now. Way past the selling age of toys, but they were still fresh looking and young. Not to mention the price tag on their heads. They were worth a lot more than what a common lord or lady could afford. How soon before Master Dongmin realises he has to sell them? That education, beauty, talents would no longer persuade him?

 

"Yuko, Master wants to talk to us." Yuko glances up and smiles as Yuki, the youngest of her sister who had knocked on the door, waking her from her revere. Standing up smoothly, she gently steers Yuki out of the door, walking through the maze of rooms like they were meant to. The halls were a pale marble white, the reason simply to make the toys easily noticeable. As well as the collars on their necks obvious, Yuko thought as her stein collar itched slightly. Stein was a mixture of satin and steel. Smooth and silky but strong and unbreakable. Expensive, but then again they were the favoured ones of their Master. Reaching a familiar brown door, Yuko knocks on it and at the sound of the 'come in' , straight away kneeling beside Yuka who was already on the floor, Yura Yuku Yuri beside her. There's silence before a soft almost sad sigh escapes Dongmin that sends Yuka's heart rate picking up again. Could it possibly be...

 

"I adore you six, all six of you and I've kept you here, unsold, as much as others wished for me to. You're the most valuable of my toys, with your own special talents and the fact that you're educated, my business has overflowed, became better. But you should know this, that you are beyond your selling date yes?" Yuka froze and she could feel what was coming, knew she could not fight it anymore, could no longer delay it. She could feel the words coming like a hammer to a nail.

 

"Tomorrow all six of you will be on sale." The words are running through their heads but Yuka knows she has to talk, because she's the one with the words and plans, the one who thought up this crazy plan anyway.

 

"Of course Master, as we have expected, but perhaps a favour...." Dongmin smiles and nods his head, permitting Yuka to continue. They were like children to him, but in this world, anything with a price went, so it was best not to get to attached. Like how, he thought sadly as Yuka looks up at him.

 

"When we're sold Master, I can't leave my sisters behind, perhaps-" His mind flashes back to when he had chosen her, right off the plane, the ability to ask without over stepping the boundary. She was a fighter, someone who wanted to live and would bow down to do so. That was why he had chosen her and her sisters.

 

"Of course Yuka. Always." He replies quietly before dismissing them with a wave of his hand. They rise and leave, trailing after each other, closing the door gently behind them. Now Dongmin had to think. Because how can he get the same lords, to buy all six? It was preposterous! Not to mention that they deserved individual Masters. There were some lords he could consider, Teen Top for one, six lords no? But personality wise they would not match would they? Appearing obedient on the surface did not necessarily mean obedient in the heart and mind. They needed someone who was patient, never angry and in the politics with enough money. Patience such that they would adore the toys and not the other way round only. There was just one name, one name, a famous band of twelve previously that came to his mind. Pressing the button as the light screen appeared in front of him, he set for video conference, sipping his coffee delicately.

 

Suho was busy, extremely busy. Calls had been bombarding him left and right, all asking for different things, but it was alright. He has managed to get through them all, and he sighed, about to rest his head on the table when the light screen in front of him blared. Eleven other heads popped in from behind his door frame and it was only after close inspection that Suho realised that it was a mass call. Curiosity flooded him as his band members, now brothers, walked forward, easily standing behind him as they switched off their phones which had paged them here. With a soft sigh, Suho pressed the 'answer call' button, leaning in to the soothing pats from kyungsoo.

 

"Hello, this is Exo how may we help you Sir...?"

 

"Dongmin, don't you recognise me Suho?" Suho's eyes widened and he snapped his fingers as he remembered the conversation he had previously. Eleven heads looked at him in confusion and he rolled his eyes before turning back to the screen, his mood lightening up considerably.

 

"Of course I do!"

 

"We discussed about how who was it again?"

 

"Kyungsoo."

 

"What." Kyungsoo jerked his head and shot Suho a withering look which the elder blatantly ignored. Suho had felt horrible after realising that he had forgotten his dongsaeng, Kyungsoo's birthday. He had gotten something for Kai after realising but he still hadn't gotten anything for Kyungsoo. Not that Kyungsoo minded, he told that idiot already that he was alright with having no presents!

 

"Yup so any new toys on the market?" Suho's question was like an igniter to a bomb as all eleven members began asking questions while Kyungsoo stood there in complete stunned silence. Toys? Toys were expensive and while it was lately the newest in thing, that was extremely unexpected. Trust Suho to think of the most ironic present considering they were in politics and you were supposed to have a toy.

 

"Could I talk to him first?"

 

"Of course of course!" Suho beamed, turning the screen to face Kyungsoo who promptly gulped as the man in front of him studied him studiously. What was this?

 

"Right I will ask you several questions and you shall answer them truthfully yes?"

 

"... Yes..?"

 

"Good. Favourite food?"

 

"Western cream pasta?"

 

"Favourite past time?"

 

"Reading erm singing cooking...?"

 

"Near and organised?"

 

"Yes- wait what is this, twenty questions?" Kyungsoo finally questioned, standing his ground, normally huge brown eyes now narrowed and wary. Dongmin sighed and placed down his coffee. Now for the long explanation.

 

"Have you heard of Yuka?" There's silence as Kyungsoo shakes his head slowly, eyebrows furrowed while Kai's eyes had widened.

 

"Isn't she and her sisters the best pedigree of toys ever known? There were rumours that they were sold or had died or disappeared. They were all educated and beautiful and talented." Kai explained slowly, clearing up some of the confusion.

 

"Partly correct, but only partly so Kai. Yuka and her sisters are not dead sold or missing. They are currently with me, and I am putting them on sale tomorrow. More specifically, for you, Kyungsoo."

 

Stunned silence.

 

"Wait wait Dongmin explain." Suho finally says, lacing his fingers in confusion.

 

"Yuka is....... Different. Her sisters and her have never been broken, never been moulded. Why then, are they the best toys? It is because they can walk the fine line between life and death. While they accept that you are their Master, even after five years, I still do not know their hearts. How willing they are. I cannot keep them forever, and they are past their selling date and deserve the best Masters who can afford them, please them, and make them happy. The only catch is that they cannot be parted, so if you buy one-"

 

"You buy all." Kyungsoo finished quietly before shaking his head. This was insane. Completely insane. He didn't even want a toy and Yuka sounded like a whiny spoilt toy. No way.

 

"I am of course not asking you to immediately buy them, but perhaps you could come down tomorrow and take a look and talk to them." Suho nodded and exchanges a few more idle chit chat but Kyungsoo was already thinking of all the possible excuses. Tea party? Political talk? Party thrown by Hyunsik? Something, anything that could get him out-

 

"Nine to twelve would be perfect, our schedules are completely free!"

 

Apparently that wasn't going to happen.

 

This is how, Kyungsoo thinks irritatedly, five other members accompanying him, that he had gotten into this huge ridiculous mess. Toys bowed and walked past, never acknowledging them much and the place reeked of too much perfume and cosmetics. Too much everything. Kyungsoo wanted to  do nothing but hide in a corner and yell at them to go away. Just then, a wisp of a girl, tiny and light on her feet appeared, eyes wide.

 

"Exo, my lords."

 

"Yuka?" Suho asks, not quite sure if this was how the legend of all toys was supposed to look like. The girl chokes and she immediately shakes her head, her robes a nice clean beige.

 

"No my lord, I am Shia from the senior class. Yuka unnie and her sisters are in their rooms with Master Dongmin and I am to bring you there." She explained before turning to walk. Suho felt curious and began asking questions, too enraptured by the trade.

 

"Senior class?"

 

"Yuka and her sisters are the highest in toy hierarchy here but they're very nice to us. Yuka unnie always takes care of us my lord, and her sisters educate us and help us develop our talents. Here is the room my lords." The whisp of a girl bowed before running off, feet light. Now Kyungsoo was curious and as they pushed open the door, his mouth promptly dropped open. As did all his brothers. Yuko was dancing to a song, spinning gracefully, tan golden skin beautiful under the lights, her black hair cascading behind her back. Yuki was reading, black hair curling around her pale face, her fingers clasped around a book. Yura was playing a violin, her brown wavy hair flowing in the wind. Yuku was busy with the piano, while Yuri fenced Witham  dummy, sword flashing and glinting. But it was Yuka that had him stunned. His other brothers were enraptured by different toys but Yuka... With straight brown hair the colour of golden sunlight weaved with oak brown, skin the colour of pale snow in winter and lips as red as roses, lashes long and pretty, Kyungsoo stared as she sorted her robes in colour coded format, exactly like how he did.

 

"Girls, we have guests." Dongmin announces and immediately they stopped what they were doing. Standing in front of them, the girls curtsied, murmuring 'my lords' quietly. Yuki stumbled slightly and Suho immediately leapt to assist her but Yuka was faster, pulling her up by the arm. Yuki murmured something softly and Yuka's eyes flashed but she let it drop. Quiet as water, the girls flowed back to where they were originally. Dongmin sighed before turning to Exo.

 

"They are not pleased to be sold so quickly but their training will not allow them to be disrespectful. You have until eleven." And with a quick turn, Dongmin exited the room. Well this just became awkward, Kyungsoo thought as the toys ignored them, carrying on with their own things.

 

"What are you reading Yuki?"

 

"Shiver my lord."

 

"Do you like books?"

"Yes I do my lord...."

 

Kyungsoo gulped as his brothers slowly began to make small talk with the toys which left him with Yuka who had just slammed a door in his face? He watched in disbelief as Yuka closed the door, exiting the room. Honestly, he could take some things but really, how rude could she get and she was supposedly legend? Kyungsoo felt a spark of annoyance ignite and he pushed the door open, following. Imagine his surprise that it lead to a kitchen, and Yuka was desperately tip-toeing, trying desperately to reach for a bowl on a top shelf which he could easily get. Reaching up, he plucked the bowl of the shelf and wordlessly handed it to her.

 

"Thank you my lord." Her voice washed over him like soothing waves and Kyungsoo watched as she inclined her head, before bending down to the oven. So she hadn't left the room out of disrespect she left because....

 

"Would you like a cookie my lord? Be careful they're still hot." Yuka said quietly, holding out the bowl, avoiding eye contact as Kyungsoo took one and placed the bite size tidbit into his mouth. It was thick and buttery, melting into his mouth and igniting his taste buds. His eyes widened as he swallowed the thick reach creamy taste, leaving him wanting more.

 

"Is it alright my lord?"

 

"It's delicious." At that, a small relieved smile crossed Yuka's face and she picked up the bowl before opening the door. Kyungsoo followed her and watched in surprise as all her sisters stopped what they were doing, eyeing the cookies hungrily before they all jumped on her, snatching the cookies from Yuka before she rapped them at their temple, a disapproving look all over her face.

 

"Behave! Honestly, have you washed your hands?" The girls muttered a soft 'no' except for Yuko who gave the 'are you seriously asking' face and promptly helped herself to some of the cookies while the others rushed off. There was something truly different about them. Yes, Dongmin was right, Kyungsoo thought, staring at Yuka.

 

They were different.

 

HEHE major updates today. Anyone who wants to know why I haven't continued the school series is fairly simple; Chen is currently half done somewhereeeee in my phone so HAHA the fluff is underway. Again, anyone who wants to be with Chanyeol, Xiumin, Luhan, Kai, Lay, Tao please PM whoever you want to be with cause cough I'm taking Soo as always, and some of my friends are taking like Kris and the others so these are the only free members! Unless you want to be a bad guy HAHA SO yeahp PM likes dislikes favourite colour jewellry etc