Chapter Two: Obedience

Unconditionally Loving You

Chapter Two: Obedience

 

"So, you like baking, Yuka?" Kyungsoo found himself gazing at Yuka as she arranged the bowl of cookies on the table, shifting it slightly such that the porcelain bowl caught the sun rays. His eyes wandered to what she was wearing, and he had to admit that Yuka looked stunning in dark navy blue robes. The inner dress was a soft baby blue, swishing at her ankles while a silver sash was tied around her waist, silver sequins darting up the hem of the dark indigo robes. But most of all was the collar, Kyungsoo found his gaze lingering at the lace like dark blue necklace made of stein. She had a slim neck, that arched perfectly but most of all her figure, hour glass. He knew that several of the toys faked having hour glass figures but perhaps-

 

"Cooking too my lord," Yuka paused, her eyes darting upwards and Kyungsoo's mouth goes dry as she smiled a shy smile. At least he thought it was, until Yuka leaned closer, robes brushing his hands, sash deliciously trailing through his fingers, her voice sugary with heavy underlying meaning.

 

"Do you like what you see... My lord?"

 

Kyungsoo feels something in him stir, and he soon realises what that feeling is. He hasn't felt it in a long time, desire. His eyes flashes upwards to Yuka who doesn't seem affected by her disobedience at all. In fact, Kyungsoo feels slightly irked cause of this, she looked rather smug that she had unsettled him. But he couldn't man handle her because she wasn't his toy. She belonged to Dongmin. She knew her game, he thought, staring as Yuka undid the bow, letting him glimpse the inner baby blue gown before wrapping it up, neatly tying the bow into place. She brushes past him and he catches the whiff of cookies and that's when all his reserves disappears. Who was he kidding? Here he was being teased by a legendary pedigree toy, and offered to buy her and he was hesitating? Called it childish or crazy but he didn't like how smug she felt. In fact it wasn't even about that anymore, it was the basic instinct, the challenge.

 

"Done browsing?" Dongmin suddenly pops his head in and something vastly similar to jealousy burned within him as Yuka immediately scurried over, her sisters in tow before sinking to her knees, murmuring 'Master'. For some strange reason he couldn't take his gaze off her, and it burned holes into her back, his stare so intense. But the best part of all, was how aware Yuka was of his gaze, a faint smile tugging at the edge of her lips, head lowerd. Seething with some kind of masochistic dented pride, Kyungsoo turned and stalked off after Dongmin, pride hurt. Alarmed at his behaviour, Suho hurried off after bading Yuki goodbye, the others following his lead.

 

"What's wrong Kyungsoo?"

 

"I dislike Yuka." Kyungsoo replied bluntly, loud enough for Dongmin to hear. The dealer was surprised before he remembered Yuka's attitude as to why she hadn't wanted to be sold five years ago. He chuckled as Suho squawked in disbelief, Sehun asking why and Kris just shrugging in general. Dongmin pushed open the door to his office, inviting them to settle in comfortably. Kyungsoo immediately sank into one of the couches and Dongmin thought back as to how many times he had talk lords out of buying Yuka or any of her sisters. Now he had to do the opposite, he laughed to himself, offering them some refreshments that Kyungsoo and Kris declined immediately. Well, Yuri and Yuka must have stuck to their promise  and Dongmin thought as to how to persuade Exo.

 

"What did you think of them?"

 

"Not out of disrespect Dongmin, but Yuri-"

 

"As well as Yuka lack something called obedience." Kyungsoo interrupted, Kris watching in amusement as his dongsaeng snapped, in a terrible bad mood. What on earth had gotten under his skin?

 

"Ahhh I'm guessing she teased you?" At the slightly red faced and embarrassed Kyungsoo Dongmin chuckled, shaking his head. Yuka Yuka, playing with fire as always.

 

"It's a test both sisters do. In fact if you buy them, I won't be surprised if both of them stay disobedient for a week or so."

 

"A test?" Kyungsoo tilted his head, suddenly reinterested and Dongmin bit back the urge to punch the air shouting 'eureka'.

 

"Many toys are always abused or bought on whim. The reason they're such high pedigree toys isn't just because of their looks talent or education, it's because they only choose the best lords. In other words, if you can take the slight disobedience, they have room to breathe in a sense, and that is a true Master they would want to belong to." Dongmin explained, pouring himself a cup of tea and blowing at the surface. Kyungsoo is transfixed and Suho suddenly looks interested, leaning forward into the conversation.

 

"But we wouldn't want to exactly bring a disobedient toy to a gathering or party. It would shame us." Suho said, tilting his head. At that Dongmin laughed, a deep bellow, leaning back against his chair.

 

"Oh you do not worry for Yuki Yura Yuko or Yuku I assure you. They are always obedient in public. As for Yuka and Yuri just remember that they have seen the cruelties of toy abuse. A raised hand or a week without food would not scare them. Only a firm but gentle reprimand will do." Kyungsoo glanced up at Kris who was still studying the pictures on the wood. Suho and Kris looked at each other and that was when Kris spoke, his voice soft and cool.

 

"How much?"

 

It's a flurry of activities in the mansion, the school of toys running up to the six girls who were leaving. Shia is at the head, leading the long line of girls from senior class to the elder's room. Since they were leaving, being sold, Yuka was bound to tell her something, tell her anything. She was the leader, the smart one who gave them hope. Little hands hammer on the doors, the corridors alive and buzzing, filled with tiny sobs and cries. Why hadn't Yuko or Yuka or any of the legends opened the door? Were they deserting them? They couldn't, they wouldn't  they were family. Suddenly the door slams open and the corridors fall silent from the sight of Yuka and her five other sisters, head held high and dressed to their finest robes. The silence is almost defiant before Shia falls to her knees and it's like a wave as every toy went onto their knees, head bowed as they knelt in front of Yuka and her sisters.

 

"What are you doing? You will be punished for such behaviour! Stand!" Yuki and Yura hisses, shooting the toys panicky and fearful expressions as they refuses to move. Yuka raises a hand and immediately both the maknaes fall silent, stepping behind Yuri's eyes questioning as Yuka turned to Shia who had somehow been involuntarily chosen as the mouthpiece for the toys left behind.

 

"Please, have a safe journey." Yuri's eyes soften slightly and Yuka glances at them with silent emotion ad the rest murmur the same words to them again. Yuka waves a hand and they rise as one, waiting.

 

"Remember the rules, remember the reasons. Remember. Now, "the mask is back, the cold ice princess look reserved for troublemaking customers or defiance, "Now, if you excuse us, we have a carriage to catch." But they know better, know that behind that coldness is a warm heart and shining spirit, is kindness and sincerity that lives from within. A pity that society could never allow anything to happen, any words to be spoken, for the wrong step could be disastrous.

 

Deathly.

 

"Shia, you're in charge. Bethany will take over Yuko-"

 

"Yuri!"

 

"Coming coming Yuka..." Yuri rolled her eyes before she twisted her hands into a gesture, pressing two fingers to her lips before twisting it in  downward motion such that it touched her wrist. Yuka did the same and the other toys repeated that same action, eyes glimmering sadly as Yuka swept off, Yuri keeping pace with her and Yuki and Yura following behind, finally followed by Yuko and Yuku. They brushed pass the familiar corridors and rooms before making it to the steps where their Master waited. Dongmin held up the scarf and wrapped it around each sisters' neck before ushering them to the car. Inside the mansion, silence bit at every corner, the place suddenly seeming a lot darker, colder as the wind rustled passed their ankles, the white tiled,walls concealing every drop of pain and fear, revealing only nothing but perfection. At the door of the car Yuka turned to Dongmin, and did one last final curtsey, the words of thanks just about to grace her lips when Dongmin hushes her, eyes sad. It's only then that Yuka notices the wrinkles around his eyes and the genuine sadness he felt. True, he was a dealer, but he had been like a father to her she thought as he wrapped her in a cedar wooded hug before releasing her to the car and directing the car to go to Exo's mansion, finally closing the door. Up above, there's a patter of feet as thousands of toys race to the balcony and wave goodbye, their good wishes lost to the wind.

 

"Well, looks like we're sold. Now what?" Yuri questioned, glancing at Yuka who was quietly gazing out of the window, watching as the car without a chauffeur drive itself pass snow covered houses as well as bare trees.

 

"We play." Yuka replied softly, her eyes giving nothing away as she finally looked up at her sisters, exterior calm and cool. Yuko glanced at Yuku and they gently touched Yuka's shoulder, causing the other to turn to their direction.

 

"Be careful."

 

"I know." Yuka replied, closing the conversation with a simple tilt of her head as Yuki and Yura bit their lips in fear as well as anxiety. Yuka was playing with fire and that was dangerous. They knew that when it came to manipulation she and Yuri were artists in it, but this was slightly different, considering the emotional attachment they previously had-

 

"Lets see if the twelve golden boys of Exo are truly golden." Yuka whispered softly as the car turned into the mansion, the two other cars in front and carrying their possessions halting at the entrance. The mansion is surrounded by towering black gates crisscrossed with the Exo emblem, twisting and curling with remarkable craftsmanship. Inside, gardens of roses tulips and other flowers alike filled the place while in the centre stood a fountain, but that wasn't what caught Yuka's attention as the car turned into the foyer. It was the twelve figures standing at the steps, albeit curious as well as dominating. Once upon a time she would have given any chance to meet them, but now, she'd give anything to leave. Worse still, who the heck did she belong to? Fear momentarily rises in like bile before she pushes it down, locking it away and letting her so called 'ice princess face' to come over as the door was opened and Yuri stepped out first. In order they came out, Yuri followed by Yura, Yuku Yuko Yuki and finally Yuka, much to Kyungsoo's curiosity. The girls reshuffled their position, Yuka in the centre, Yuki Yura and Yuri on one side and Yuku as well as Yuko on the other.

 

"My lords." Yuka murmurs and she drops to her knees in typical toy fashion, much to Kyungsoo's irritation.

 

"Ah I think a rephrasing of that Yuka?" Suho said politely, and Kyungsoo watched as Yuka tilted her head, eyes completely void of emotions.

 

"I was not informed I belong to more than  one Master." She said flatly and Kyungsoo felt anger spark in him at her attitude. First she teases him and now she's acting all pissed off? Talk about mixed messages!! He thought frostily, eyes flashing silently as Suho was momentarily taken aback at her attitude.

 

"Well you belong to Kyungsoo of course, I understand what you mean, perhaps you would want some time to get acquainted? Yuki is with me, Yura with Baekhyun, Yuri with Kris, Yuko with Sehun and Yuku with Chen." Suho quickly stated, flinging his wide politician practiced smiled at Yuka who doesn't even react. With one fluid motion the girls rise and Yuka glances at Yuri who nods reassuringly and Kyungsoo waits as the girls join who they respectively belong to. For a second Yuka's eyes stared straight into his, before she looked away with contempt. At that look, something snapped within Kyungsoo. It wasn't that he wasn't kind or nice, but this particular toy was grating in his nerves with her rudeness. Further more, he thought, his insides boiling with anger as he seethed without the toy knowing, she could at least act or try to be polite. Without thinking he looped his fingers around Yuka's stein collar and yanked hard. A sharp cry came from her lips as she fell, gasping at his feet. The servants ran forward, but Kyungsoo halted them with a hand, eyes flaming and ignoring the wide eyed look from his brothers as Yuka glanced up at him, eyes wide in shock. Stepping forward, Kyungsoo took her chin and forcefully pushed it such that she was looking at him as he towered over her, and spoke, voice low.

 

"Listen carefully to what I say, because I won't repeat it again. I won't punish you for mistakes, but what I cannot stand is someone being rude to me, toy or not. I expect a certain amount of respect and I expect you to leave up to your legacy. Do you understand?" Kyungsoo asked sternly, and there was a moment of silent defiance as Yuka stared at him, her eyes burning with anger as well as humiliation rwfused to drop her gaze.

 

"I said," Kyungsoo repeated himself, "Do you understand?". The further silence was leaving him quite at his wits end when Yuku finally dropped her gaze, sooty eye lashes against white porcelain skin.

 

"Yes Master. My apologies  for my earlier behaviour."

 

"Apology accepted. Stand." Kyungsoo spoke, making sure his tone was gentler compared to from before. It wasn't that he wanted his toy to hate him, he just wanted her to respect him at least, he thought as he offered a helping hand go Yuka. There was hesitation in her eyes as she stared at the offered hand, and Kyungsoo secretly regretted berating her in front of everyone else, humiliating her so much so that now she was probably afraid of him.

 

"Oh please I don't bite." Kyungsoo sighed exasperatedly and leaning forward hauled Yuka up from the floor. Shocked and not expecting the sudden shift of movement, Yuka gave a gasp as she stumbled, straight into his arms. Oops, Kyungsoo thought sheepishly as he caught her just in time, wrapping his arms protectively around her. Yuka glanced up at him pretty eyes shy and cheeks dusted pink, her lips parted in surprise. Kyungsoo would never admit it, but he preffered this shy softer less fiesty image of Yuka.

 

Well,” Suho cleared his throat pointedly and Kyungsoo glanced up, having been momentarily distracted by Yuka who pointedly stepped away from him, folding herself into her clothes, “I’ll leave you two to have fun!” With a smirk evident on his face, Kyungsoo struggled not to facepalm as Suho swept off, hands pressing against the small of Yuki’s back as he ushered her off. The others soon followed and Kyungsoo sighed, awkwardly rubbing the base of his neck as Yuka avoided looking at him in the eye.

 

“Well, I’ll just... Show you around...” Kyungsoo trailed off awkwardly, and Yuka nodded, keeping her gaze on the floor as she followed him, Kyungsoo heading up the right staircase.

 

“So this is the first floor which is basically the dining hall as well as the ballroom which extends to the second floor. The basement is where the kitchen as well as the servants stay. On the third floor it’ll be the swimming pool along with the hall and studio.” Kyungsoo spoke, still walking up and feeling slightly uncomfortable with the penetrating silence and good lord she wouldn’t look him in the eyes!

 

“Any questions?” Kyungsoo turned to Yuka, watching as she lifted her head, eyes widening for a fraction of a second before opening before closing it again. Kyungsoo tried not to let his grievances show on his face. Gosh he knew he was awkward but this, this was downright ridiculous.

 

“My bedroom Master?”

 

“That would be on the fifth floor. Fourth floor would be the meeting rooms where we will hold our political campaign meetings. Fifth floor your bedroom...” Kyungsoo stepped out of the lift that they had boarded on the second floor, and pointed to a oak door, the silver nameplate embolden there. Yuka’s eyes widened and Kyungsoo watched as she traced the engraving before jumping back, fidgeting as she wondered if she had done anything wrong. Kyungsoo turned the door knob, his heart secretly hammering. Good lord please don’t let her hate the room.

 

The room was castle like, sharp edges sweeping up to meet a chalendier. They sparkled like ice crystals, the tiny fractals illuminating the room’s pale baby blue walls. Silk curtains drapped lazily around the long glass door that lead to the balcony. The bed was a beautiful dark indigo blue, silver embroidery of stars curling on the duvet. The theme was blue and silver, her vanity stand a pretty silver dainty thing while her bed side table was made of dark cedar wood. Her wardrobe was a inconspicuous pair of white doors, while the bookshelf was already filled. Yuka paused at the bookshelf, tilting her head as she read the titles.

 

“I err, I heard you liked to read ahem,” Kyungsoo cleared his throat as Yuka turned her searching eyes to him, “I hope you’ll like those books I picked for you. I didn’t really know what genre you’d like, but I like fantasy so I...”

 

“I like fantasy and romance Master.” Yuka replied softly and Kyungsoo swore his heart leaped a bit at her words as she stared around the room, eyes shining, excitement evident in her eyes.

 

“Well, dinner will be in an hour, I’ll come pick you up in case you get lost.” Kyungsoo stated, whirling around to leave when a soft hesitant voice called him back.

 

“Master... Where are my sisters’ rooms?”

 

“Directly to your right and left. We did some shifting before you came.” Kyungsoo replied, pausing as Yuka gave a soft ‘Oh’.

 

“Any more questions?” he asked, his voice coming out softer, much to his own surprise.

 

“Where’s your room Master?”

 

“Just directly across yours.” Kyungsoo replied gently and watched as Yuka’s eyes lit up before she regained her posture and nodded, mummuring a ‘thank you Master’ and dropping into an almost curtsey. Kyungsoo waved her off and sweeping around, he walked off. Closing the door shut, he paused outside as he remembered the way relief as well as delight lit up Yuka’s eyes as he said he was living directly across. Oh he had it bad in did, he thought to himself before shaking his head.

 

His heart silently thudded in agreement.

 

 

Long FREAKING overdue like literally,  so here it is! The second chapter!! Comment subscribe upvote whatever! Talk to me haha I donb't bite! I want to know your thoughts :)