Chapter Three: Following his Footsteps

Unconditionally Loving You

Chapter Three: Following his Footsteps

 

The room was beautiful. That was obvious, Yuka thought to herself as she freely looked around the room. Her trunk containing all her personal possessions, not counting clothes was already lying in a corner, next to the balcony. However, she would bother with that later, she thought as she pushed open the white cream doors to the bathroom. Inside, was practically another room, Yuka thought in disbelief as she whirled around in shock. The floors were made of marble, the tiles of the walls a light blue quartz. In the centre was a jacuzzi, bubbling away, while to the right was a bath tub big enough to fit two people, and the shower head, encased in frosted glass where she could shower. Neatly shrugging off her clothes, Yuka looked around, wondering what she should do, her plan. Dress up. Yes, that's right, she remembered what she had to do and sighed, determinedly stalking to where all her soaps and oils were put. Being a toy was such an arduous process, she thought to herself, sorting through the soaps. First, she had to scrub, then bath and moisturise. The scent couldn't be too strong, but had to be appetising. Yuka stopped short at her bar of cinnamon vanilla soap and picked it up, toying with that goodbye gift her previous Master had given her. She headed to the shower head seconds later, that very soap in her hands.

 

Stepping out after her bath, towel wrapped around her, Yuka proceeded to her oils and creams. There was no need to choose, she always went with her favourite oil and cream hybrid that she had specifically ordered and actually created. It ensured that while her skin was left feeling soft and silky, it didn't leave her skin oily and sticky. The best part; it smelled exactly like the cookies she always baked, she thought as she generously rubbed it over her skin. Stepping out, she checked the clock and noted that she had thirty minutes left before Kyung- her new Master picked her up. She was slowly inching into her plan, but she knew the goal she had to achieve. First, she had to get him to fall, hard. Stalking over to her wardrobe, she flung the wardrobes opened and looked, pursing her lips as she critically looked over the clothes. What image was she going for? What exactly did she want to portray? She in a irritated breath and walked into the wardrobe, spinning around in her bath robe as she thought. Think think think... Her eyes caught on to a translucent material and an idea popped into her head as a feral smile made it's way onto her face.

 

Clothes done, Yuka spun around for a look before nodding her assent. Walking over to her vanity table, she wondered what to do now. Eyeshadow? Liner? She hated putting on too much, and he didn't look like the type who liked girls heavily made up. Her eyes wandered and she knew she was going for that innocent look. Picking up her mascara wand, she proceeded to do her lashes. These were black but not thick, so it made her eyes bigger and brighter, but still natural. Then after that was her lips, she thought distractedly, taking out her lip balm and spooning a tiny amount before rubbing it in. It would form a good base, as she finally applied her new cherry blossom matt lip tint. But just out if playfulness maybe, Yuka artfully finished of the look with her silver eyeliner, just for the effect of a siren she always did with her sisters. Now her hair, gah no wonder she wanted to get out of this, being a toy was so annoying, she thought distractedly as she wondered what to do with her thick brownish black straight hair. She pouted without thinking, she always hated doing her hair, what could she even do with it? French plait? Boring boring boring, but still going to do that, she thought darkly as she easily plaited her hair, finishing the plait with a bow. Accessories were simple, just a simple silver bangle, from her past. She caressed it, only to jump as the door clicked open. He was early, she thought as she immediately went into a curtsy; she better be five minutes earlier from now on for all her appointments with him.

 

"Yuk- oh. Oh." Kyungsoo said huskily as he looked at his new toy. She was dressed in white inner satin robes, but over it she had worn a red silk robe which had been sewn over with a black translucent material that showed at the sleeves, showing her pale skin. Her hair fell to the side in a girly fashion- she was still curtsying damn it.

 

"Rise." Kyungsoo said automatically, barely even hearing the words 'thank you Master' as he drank in Yuka's pretty features. Her brown dark eyes flirted with him, holding hints of secrets and whispers. Her lips were kissable, taunting him while that silver flick just above her eyes made her look exotic. She was so beautiful she took his breath away and Kyungsoo felt that same emotion stir in him. Desire.

 

"They're waiting for us. Come." He said robotically as he spun out, knowing Yuka was following him. For goodness sake, what was he even doing? Getting a toy was like lavishing attention on a pet. A pet taught to serve and please you, he thought, not making much sense to himself when his phone rang. Expertly taking it from the pockets of his robes, he answered the call.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Lord Kuro just paged for a meeting."

 

"Now??"

 

"Unfortunately, I'm sorry Soo, you can just send Yuka here." Suho said apologetically and Kyungsoo gave a resigned sigh.

 

"Fine. I'll send her down. Alone, maybe going to get lost." He replied sarcastically before ending the call. Yuka stared at him wide eyed and Kyungsoo felt bad. What if she got lost? That would be his fault!

 

"I have a meeting to go to, you head down first to the dining hall alright? Take the lift to the first floor, once you exit walk straight and then turn right okay? If you get lost ask for help alright." Kyungsoo instructed and watch as Yuka nodded before ushering her to the lift and watching the door close shut. Damn, right during dinner time he has to go for a meeting. There goes his dinner, he thought darkly, heading to his room where his personal study was.

 

Walk straight, and then turn to the right- Found it! Yuka thought, slightly wary as she entered the dining hall where her sisters were eating already, beside their masters. Suho caught sight of Yuka hesitatingly standing near the door and called out to her.

 

"Yuka, come we saved a seat!"

 

"Thank you Lord Suho-"

 

"Call us by our names, the Lord title makes us feel old!" Suho laughed as Yuka sat in her seat, ignoring the curious gaze cast over her. Yuki looked divine in purple silk, the varying shades suiting her perfectly, while Yura too was evidently dressed in the same way, except in pink. Yuko was in emerald green, not sickly green, a rich green matched with red that brought out her skin, Yuri in black, while Yuku was dressed in varying shades of orange.

 

"What would you like to eat?" Kai asked gently, noticing the stiffness in the way Yuka sat, back straight, hands clasped in her lap, the word uncomfortable tattooed all over her. Yuka glanced at him and Kai couldn't help but approve of his Hyung's choice. She was indeed beautiful.

 

"I- I'm not sure my lord- I mean Kai." She corrected herself, voice quiet.

 

"We have a lot of good food! Dumplings, pasta, Kyungsoo's favourite, ramen, sushi, chicken, pork, you can choose anything you like!" Minseok coaxed as the toy showed no response to the food placed in front of her. Please don't let Kyungsoo blame us if she doesn't eat, he thought desperately to himself as Yuka remained completely still as stone.

 

"When will my Master be back?"

 

"Ah.... That. Not for awhile, the meeting would be quite long, for two hours or so?" Suho looked at Kris who nodded in affirmative. Yuka's eyes widened in shock and criticism.

 

"Doesn't that mean my Master would miss his dinner?"

 

"Yes..? I don't quite understand." Suho said confusedly as Yuka snapped get mouth shut,   refusing to touch the food. What did this have to do with eating..?

 

"Toys are taught that we follow our Master's footsteps. If Lord Kyung- if Kyungsoo doesn't eat, as his toy Yuka must abstain from eating as well ." Yuko finally answered quietly, removing the confusion only to replace it with horror.

 

"That's ridiculous!" Suho said, spluttering in shock.

 

"I agree." Kris replied, frowning.

 

"I think Kyungsoo would want you to eat Yuka." Luhan finally spoke, frowning and looking at the toy who kept her hands away from the utensils. She had to be hungry, she couldn't not be, her lunch had to have been hours ago.

 

"I'm sorry, but I must not. I have no orders as to eat or not, so I cannot speculate his decisions and must abstain." Yuka replied softly.

 

"Oh my gosh you need to eat!! Or kyungsoo will kill us all!" Chanyeol hissed and a smile twitched in Yuka's lips while her other sisters grin.

 

"I apologise, but perhaps I could be dismissed to go to the kitchen?" Yuka asked, while her sisters eyes widen before their eyes sparkled.

 

"Are you going to cook desert for us??" Yuki asked happily, beaming at Yuka who deadpanned.

 

"No, Master will have nothing to eat if he comes back in two hours so I should make something and bring it up to him. Although I'm not quite sure, considering he has a meeting-"

 

"You are dismissed, Kyungsoo will be happy to have you there in that meeting anyway, Lord Kuro can be quite emotionally irritating." Chen responded, interrupting and shooting Yuka a cheeky smile. For a second Yuka looked surprise before she returned Chen with a blinding smile, a curve of her lips as she curtsyed once before leaving. She always did have a soft spot for Chen, Yuki thought to herself as Chen stuck out his tongue at Luhan, Yuku at his side.

 

"Yes, I know, however it would be an opportunity for us all-"

 

"I pointedly refused to attend, this invitation would be a ridiculous move. I see no reason we should attend!"

 

Kyungsoo sighed. It had been more than close to an hour since dinner had started and here he was still arguing with Lord Kuro about political moves should they attend a party. Note, a party. It wasn't even a party if their rival, it was a potential ally and here he was at a meeting and missing dinner. As if on cue, his stomach growled and he sighed as he listened to another tirade spewing from Lord Kuro. Just then there was a knock on his door and shooting Lord Kuro an apologetic look he said 'come in', even as his mind whirred with ideas as to how to keep this very important ally while getting another one.

 

"Master...?"

 

"Yuka? What are you doing here?" Kyungsoo said in shock as Yuka slid through the door, carrying a tray. Was dinner already over? Goodness!

 

"Goodness, is that your toy Lord Kyungsoo? The Yuka?" Lord Kuro said on shock, almost toppling off his chair as he rubbed his eyes at the beautiful famous legendary toy now standing next to his ally.

 

"Yuka, come, let me introduce you to Lord Kuro our ally." Kyungsoo responded, holding out a hand which Yuka took as he brought her to the front of the air screen.

 

"My lord Kuro." Yuka curtsyed and Lord Kuro nodded dumbly before asking Yuka a question. She was supposedly smart wasn't she?

 

"On a political stand Yuka, what would you do if an ally refuses to attend a party if he has external affairs and yet he must go?"

 

"I think, Lord Kuro, it is one's personal choice, and should weigh the benefits. Going could guarantee a new ally at the same time showing your rivals the strength of the old alliances you had. Not going however would depend on the importance of your external issue." Yuka finished, Kyungsoo still holding her hand and sitting on the chair as Lord Kuro gave a loud laugh.

 

"You have a smart one there Lord Kyungsoo, I will come for that party of Lord Jongwoon!" The video conference ended and Kyungsoo stared, mouth agape at the screen, looking at Yuka and then the screen and then back at Yuka.

 

"I've been trying to tell him that for close to an hour and you got him to change his mind with one sentence!"

 

"I'm sorry if it displeases you-"

 

"No no, oh this is such a relief." Kyungsoo interrupted, leaning back against the chair, shoulder slumping as the tension left his shoulders, another question spilled from his mouth, "How was dinner?".

 

"I abstained Master."

 

"What. Why?" Kyungsoo retorted sharply, his relief now disappearing as he stared at his toy critically and disapprovingly, "You must eat, you should eat!".

 

"Our training tells us that we follow our Master's footsteps. If Master does not eat I-"

 

"That is nonsense. You have to eat. You must be hungry by now. And what is that?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at the tray while Yuka tried not to feel as though she was being interrogated.

 

"You weren't going to have dinner Master, so I offered to go to the kitchen to make you something to eat." At her words, Kyungsoo melted and he gave Yuka a soft smile before his eyes widened as he glanced at the clock.

 

"Goodness, it's eleven, you should go to sleep, I still have paperwork to do."

 

"I wish to keep Master company, " Yuka kneeled and Kyungsoo stared as she settled comfortably at his feet, leaning against his leg, "If Master is alright with that?". Kyungsoo swallowed as he stared at Yuka, leaning against him, a companion, shadows flickering across her face.

 

"Okay." He whispered softly and pulled the tray in front if him, lifting the cover if the plate. It was pasta, cream pasta, with a side of baked potatoes with coriander, along with asparagus as well as bacon. There was a drink of plain water, his preference, and a cup of desert which looked remarkably like Hokkaido cream Pinnate. She had to have put in a lot of effort, he thought weakly, as he twirled the pasta onto a spoon, the aroma making his mouth water. Yuka was still watching him as he swallowed. The flavour danced on his tongue, bursting, thick and rich that left a warm satisfied feeling in his stomach. He looked at Yuka who stared back, awaiting his comment.

 

"Delicious. Come here." He patted his lap and Yuka stared at him in shock, shrinking back slightly in question.

 

"Master?"

 

"Come here. Don't you want to try your Master piece?" Kyungsoo questioned and Yuka leaned forward, allowing him to feed her a piece. The pasta disappeared behind her lips and Kyungsoo chuckled as they shared the meal, him feeding her and eating. Once he finished, including the desert, he patted Yuka's head and sighed, staring at the paperwork. It was midnight now.

 

"Are you sure you don't want to sleep?" At the vigorous nod from Yuka, Kyungsoo gave in and nodded his assent. Starting on the paperwork, he began shuffling through the papers, sorting out dates and meetings. Yuka's presence was comforting, as he ran his fingers through her silky hair, the braid having come undone as he read through a report. The constant pressure on his legs were comforting as he worked quickly, dealing with fly away information, important parties, allies, as well as the new dates for voting and elections. It was close to two am when he finally finished the last piece of report, much to his relief. Pushing the stack of filed paperwork as well as sorted reports, he looked down to thank Yuka.

 

"Yuka?" There was no answer and Kyungsoo felt a small smile make his way onto his face as he realised that Yuka had fallen asleep on his lap, brown hair spilling over his thigh, eyes closed and lips slightly parted in an angelic fashion. He ran his fingers through her hair again and chuckled as she stuttered, mumbling something under her breath. Kyungsoo leaned closer as she whispered, eyes looking at him blearily.

 

"I'm tired, mmm Master..." Kyungsoo hesitated, staring as Yuka snuggled against his lap. Her room was directly across his. He looked at her, candle light flickering, the place suddenly seeming lonely and scary. Maybe it was his selfish side that made the choice, the fact that he found her presence comforting, that she was sleepy and maybe he was selfish in wanting to keep her by his side. It was illogical, but too many lonely nights had made him realise he didn't like them, Kyungsoo thought as he picked Yuka up and gently laid her on his bed, pulling the covers up to her chin as he slid under the same covers, leaning on one side and staring at her breathe, chest rising and falling, her expression peaceful and sleepy.

 

"Goodnight Yuka." Kyungsoo whisperd, tucking a tendril of hair behind her ear before turning to switch off his bed side lamp. Snuggling under the duvet, Kyungsoo unconsciously pulled her close, enjoying the companionship, the close presence. His breathing evened out and soon he was asleep. For the first time in years, he didn't feel lonely.

 

And as Yuka watched him breathe, eyes open and alert instead of previously blurred with sleep, his arm s around her waist, she knew that this was also the first time in years, she felt a tug at her heart.

 

 

ANOTHER POST!! Aren't I hardworking? I am on FIRE /fails copy of Sherlock/ haha enjoy, upvote, comment subscribe! Love you guys /blows kiss/ Can't wait for Exo comeback XD OMG /flails about/