A Development?

Hidden Love

      The following day.... Jongkook had woken up. Although it was his day off and he had lots of sleep, he still had a lingering feeling of hurt in his heart. He was not able to understand why Gary and Jihyo was alone together and it almost drove him nuts... Jongook remembered that Haha had texted him last night. He decides to respond to sort out his feeling.

Jongkook: Hey... sorry for not responding last night. I was trying to sort out my thoughts.

Five Minutes Later

Haha: Hyung! You worried me! Tell me what happened. Why did you leave in a rush?

Jongkook: ...Aish, I'm disappointed in how I acted last night...

Haha: Ei, it's about Jihyo isn't it.

Jongkook: Yeah... so what happened, what was that last night? I saw her and Gary walking together alone from the front of the restaurant. I was just so confused to as why they were so close together even though it isn't even filming time. Without realizing it my mind couldn't handle it and I exploded. I tried to play it off but I think it went really bad...

Haha: Hyung... don't worry... since everyone was drinking they didn't react to it that much. They just wanted you to stay longer and was a little disappointed that you were leaving so fast. Also you might have jumped to conclusion too fast. I saw Jihyo leave to take a breather outside. Gary went to go get her since she was gone for like 20 minutes. What you saw was when they headed back from when Gary bumped into Jihyo at the door and came back together. And you know how Gary likes her which is why he went to go get her. It didn't seem like Jihyo is interested in Gary like that though.

Jongkook: ...OH MY GOD... I can't believe I lost it when I wasn't even sure what was going on... what am I going to do in the future! How will I contain my feelings if I already act like this?!

Haha: Hyung, you really are in love... it's not even a crush any more. You fell hard for Jihyo.

Jongkook: I know I did... I realized way before already... it was probably a crush when she first came on the show but around the time when I was teamed up with her, I found out that I really liked her a lot. I told you last time that I liked her but I didn't think it would affect me this badly...

Haha: What can you do about it, it's love. You can't control love. You might be able to subdue it but it will always resurface. The only way to continue on is to not deny those feelings nor close them off into the corner of your mind. If you do that you will only feel worse and have bigger out-bursts than yesterday. Don't fight the feelings and you will be fine. 

Jongkook: Donghoon... you really have been a lot of help. I'm really greatful to have a friend like you... I wouldn't have known what to do without you. Thank you.

Haha: Eii, hyung don't be like that. Of course I will help you out you are my good friend!

Jongkook: Thanks again, now I feel a lot better. I'm gonna go to the gym now to release the tension, I'll talk to you later.

Haha: Ne~, talk to you later hyung.

 

Later On That Day

JongKook came home after a long work out session and dinner with some of his gym buddies. Thinking about his conversation with Haha, he felt that he was a lot more secure. He wasn't worried about having fallen in love with JiHyo. On the contrary, he felt more confident that he could now just show his love through the Running Man show little by little in disguse as "family" love. JongKook decided and is determined to be near her in the next filming session. After that decision, JongKook showers and gets ready for bed.

 

*The Next Filming Day*

Everyone was gathered at the Seoul Arts Center while looking around, facinated. Unlike everyone else, JongKook was only looking at JiHyo. Haha sees JongKook staring hard at Jihyo and decieds to nudge him on his side.

Haha: *Nudge, Nudge*...hyung! Stop staring at her so hard. *Grins*

JongKook: Yah! You didn't have to elbow me...*smiles cunningly* I know that I was staring hard at her. I've decided that I'm not gonna run from my feelings anymore. I'll let my love for her flow out as it wants to....

Haha: Hyung~... good for you! Now you won't feak out anymore since you won't be containing your emotions!

JongKook: Yeah, *hah* Just thinking how I reacted in the first place is just funny now.

Haha: Ei~ Hyung, who wouldn't act like that when they are in love. Anyone in love always act foolishly without themselves knowing.

JongKook: Really DongHoon, thank you so much for being there to help me out. If you weren't I don't know how things would have ended up as. 

Haha: No problem, I'll always be there for a good friend! 

JongKook: Thanks *smiles*

      Everyone gathers up as usual for the opening of the show, JiHyo and Gary were next to eachother as usually for the sake of the Monday Couple concept. JongKook had Joongki inbetween them and was not able to stand next to her. JongKook now has a renewed sense of feelings and was not upset, however, when they were talking about the coupling look between Gary and JiHyo JongKook was only able to laugh off the fact that Gary used his finger to hush up Jihyo.

JongKook's thoughts: It's okay... I know Gary likes JiHyo. Stick through to your feelings JongKook!. Grit your teeth and smile even if you have to!

      JongKook stuck to his new found feelings and kept his word of not to have an outburst anymore. The mission was about to start. Everyone had to find the guests in the big building with a bunch of people dressed up with masks and black capes. One by one the runningman balls were found and all the runningman members were ousted except for JongKook and JiHyo. JongKook thought that this would be the chance to work together with her and become even closer. JongKook eventually catches the first guest, Max Changmin. Instinctively he knew that the other guest was Yunho. JiHyo and JongKook tried their best to catch Yunho but he was too fast. Unfortunately even with Jihyo on his tail, Yunho found the last ball and ousted JiHyo and Jongkook. This event however, allowed JongKook to openly call JiHyo's name many times and he himself was happy to have heard her call only him as oppa at that time. During the next game JongKook and JiHyo were both put into the same team. JongKook and JiHyo were both elated as they both wanted to be together but hasn't shown it to each other yet. Slowly but steadily they both are getting to know each other through runningman and being in games together helped them bonded quicker than usual. JongKook and JiHyo both showed big smiles and laughter working as a team even with skinship to some extend. JiHyo would occasionally touch JongKook on his arm or shoulder. JongKook didn't notice it but he was happy to be next to and near JiHyo throughout most of the show. In their own minds JiHyo and JongKook both were happy to be able to stand next to each other. Slowly but surely JiHyo might develope and notice her own feelings if things continue on the path to their future... JongKook on the other hand, might be the reason that JiHyo opens the door to that particular path.