Chapter 19: Awkward Pizza

White Secrets

The pizza parlor lay out! :D.... just in case you were confused.

 

Back to present day

Luhan’s POV:

“I can’t believe Suho actually told him…” Chanyeol blankly stared at the ground incredulously.

“Well… I’m more surprised that Baekhyun’s from the same planet…” I kicked a rock off the sidewalk. “And he’s a luminous? I wouldn’t have guessed that. He is as sassy and evil as a shadow.”

“You mean more sassy and evil… But I wonder what else Suho isn’t telling us…”

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t know… I just feel like he’s hiding something from us” he his nonexistent beard.

“WOW… Is the Park Chanyeol actually thinking?” I gasped mockingly. “This is a first!... I guess there is a first time for everything…. I need to savor this moment”

He shot me a sarcastic look while imitating my face and then shoved me off the sidewalk.

“I was only kidding. You’re the second smartest person I know… I mean the first being me of course.” I cockily flipped my non-existent hair.

Right, Mr. Modest” he sarcastically nodded his head. “You are so smart that you didn’t even notice that you’re wearing your shirt inside out…”

“What?! No I’m not!... It’s just the design of the shirt. It’s supposed to look like this!”

“Sure… Keep telling yourself that” he gave me a thumbs up. I insecurely looked down at my shirt and shook my head denyingly. “So what are we doing now?”

“Uhhh… food?” I suggested.

“Sure. I can go for some food. But where?” We both looked up to the sky and thought long and hard. “Do you know what I’m thinking?” I nodded my head approvingly.

“Yeah, let’s go order pizza and go home” I informed looking down at the map app for the nearest pizza place on my phone... The phone Minhee bought me… I miss her.

“What’s up?” Chanyeol stopped and stared at me questioningly.

“Huh?... What?”

“You were spaced out for awhile now…” Chanyeol bit his bottom lip, “Is it about Minhee?”

“What? No...” I shook my head. He reads me like a book.  I inwardly sighed at him, feeling sorry.

“I’m sorry you’re separated from her because of me…” he looked down at his feet. “You can always go back to her anytime. Don’t worry about me. I have Kai and Suho…”

“It’s not a problem. We darks need to stick together right?” I reassured. “Now don’t get all mushy-gushy on me…it’s disgusting...” I cringed.  He shrugged and stared indifferently at me.

 

--

 

We ordered pizza and started eating.

“I still don’t understand why you won’t go back to her” he spoke with his mouth full, flinging mushroom bits everywhere.

“Yah… chew, swallow, then talk” I hissed as I flicked a piece of ham off my arm.  He grinned and decided to eat more obnoxiously.

“I mean… This is your chance! Why don’t you take it?! She probably forgave you or wasn’t even mad at you to begin with.  You could be together with her!” he made a heart with his hands while lifting both his eyebrows suggestively, “If you know what I mean.”

I slapped his hand, “Stop being so ridiculous… you sound like a girl”

“Everyone has an inner girl inside them… a diva they get advice from.”

“What is wrong with you?....” I paused and then stared at him in horror, “Have you been talking to Baekhyun again?” He shrugged and wriggled his eyebrows.

“You wouldn’t understand because you haven’t made peace with your inner woman yet.”

“Why am I friends with you?” I shook my head in concern.  “I seriously think you should seek some help”  I ignored the rest of his idiocracy until he stopped talking, even chewing.  I looked to the direction he was looking at.

“What’s is wrong with y-” I stopped myself when I saw Minhee and Naeun enter the restaurant and scan the area for a seat.

“Hi Naeun and... Minhee.” Chanyeol smiled his usual smile, but said Minhee’s name more cautiously.
“Hi, Luhan” Minhee looked down at her hands avoiding Chanyeol’s eyes. Chanyeol awkwardly scratched his head and let out a sigh.

“I’m going to the bathroom” he dismissed himself while grabbing another slice of pizza.

“Wait, Chan-” before I could finish he was already down the hall. At least leave without the pizza….  “So how’s it been?” I tried to start a conversation.

“Luhan, how much longer are you going to stay with Chanyeol?” Minhee slightly jested playing with her fingers.

“What?...”

“I’m not mad at you, only at Chanyeol” she explained, “But as long as you’re with him I can’t and won’t talk to you. You can come back home.” she whispered as Naeun went to order.

“Minhee, I’m not just going leave Chanyeol. He’s my friend.” I rejected her offer. “As stupid and brainless as he is, he’s a good friend. A trustworthy and reliable friend, and you know that too. I won’t leave him... ever.”

“If that’s your choice…” She sighed, “My doors always open for you… To tell you the truth…I don’t think I can ever trust Chanyeol again… I liked hi-... you know... It’s been lonely without you…” she sounded like she was on the verge of crying.

“I’m sorry, Minhee.”  She sniffed then lifted up her head, flashing a small smile.

“Is it done?” she turned to Naeun who was holding the pizza box.

“Yeah, you sure you don’t want to eat here instead?” Naeun offered once again before they decided to leave. Minhee shook her head and started heading toward the direction away from the restaurant.

“I told you he wouldn’t just leave Chanyeol. They’re loyal to each other, although I don’t know why… They’re like salt and pepper, peanut butter and jelly, milk and cereal, and-”

“I get it…” Minhee stopped Naeun. “You’ve been around him for too long…” she refused to say Chanyeol’s name.

“I know, you know Chanyeol’s not a bad person… you’re just looking for someone to blame” I mumbled loud enough for her to hear as they disappeared out the door.

Chanyeol came back with two refilled drinks and another pizza box.

“Reggo(Let’s go)”


--

 

Chanyeol’s POV

I left to give them room and reached the hall leading to the bathrooms.  I stopped after walking three more steps and leaned against the side of the wall where they wouldn’t see me.  I dropped my hand against my side and weighed my head against the wall.  

“Luhan, when are you coming home?” Minhee voiced.

“What?”

“I’m not mad you but I won’t talk to you if you’re with him.” I sighed.  I heard Naeun ordering something in the background.

“Minhee, I’m not just going to leave Chanyeol” Luhan rejected her offer. “As stupid and brainless as he is, he’s a good friend. A trustworthy and reliable friend, and you know that too. I won’t leave him ever.”  I smiled.  Luhan Hyung…. you idiot...

“To tell you the truth…I don’t think I can ever trust Chanyeol again… I liked hi-... you know...” I let out a sigh and finished the pizza in my hand.  

“Is it done?” Minhee asked.

“Yeah, you sure you don’t want to eat here instead?”I heard Naeun’s voice next to Minhee’s and then their footsteps moving to the door.  I went to the counter and ordered an extra box of pizza.

“Reggo?” Luhan nodded and we left to go back home.

We reached my house and were bombarded by Kai and Suho.

“What is this? I smell pizza!” Kai poked his nose around our clothes.  I flicked his head and he whimpered, backing away from us.

“You really are born in the year of the dog… dog’s nose” I mumbled while placing the extra pizza we bought on the table.

“Eat”

“Will do with pleasure” Kai beamed.  

“Fatty”

“Excuusee me?” Kai raised his brows at me.  I stuck my tongue out at him but Kai let it pass by sending an eye roll in response, too preoccupied by the food.

“I think I’m going to hit the bed early today, guys…” I informed, already leaving for my room.

“But it’s only 6:00…and we were suppose to stay up all night and watch scary movies and watch Kai scream his head off…”

“Hey… I don’t scream… that much…”

“Maybe next time… We have school tomorrow…” I excused myself before they could say anything else. Luhan gave me a worried look as I passed by him. I gave a smile to reassure him but he didn’t buy it.  Obviously not.

“Chan-”

“Goodnight!” I yelled before I shut the door. I let out a big sigh and let myself fall onto my bed. How did everything turn out this way… I closed my eyes, but was awoken by the creak from the door.

“Chanyeol?” Luhan slightly poked his head in.

“What’s up?... Can we talk tomorrow? I’m exhausted from our busy day…” I smiled, but he replied with a frown.

“All we did today was eat pizza… Are you okay?”

“Of Course I’m fine! Why wouldn’t I be?”

“It’s just that-”

“I’m really okay… now let me sleep…” I threw a couch pillow that was laying on the floor near my bed, at him.

“Alright if you say so…and put these pillows back...” he acknowledged, but his face showed distrust and suspicion. Before he left, his phone beeped notifying he had a new message. As he read it, his eyebrows furrowed.

“I have to go out for while… call me if you need anything…”

“mmmhmm…” I mumbled pretending to sleep.

 

--


Luhan’s POV

I walked to the park after receiving a text from Minhee.  When I reached the park, I found Minhee lightly swinging in the dark.  The lamp posts shone only on the sidewalk and not the park.  I walked over and put on a smile.

“Wassup?”  She smiled.

“Hey Luhan”

“Anything wrong?”  She stayed silent for awhile so I just seated myself on the swing next to her.  She finally spoke.

“Can I just use you as a shoulder to lean on tonight?”  

 

 

 

 

 

 

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!!

We were busy! ><

But we hope you enjoy this chapter! :)

2 more weeks until Spring Break!!! :D!

YAY!

Hope you all had a great week! <333

Thanks for the support! :3

Pun: Congratulations! You just won ONEW car! Here's the KEY!

        Wow! It's so SHINEE!