02

Let Me Serenade You to Sleep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun wakes up in the next morning. He slowly stirs on his bed and reaches out to turn off the alarm.

A new day has just begun in Baekhyun’s world. Still feeling sleepy from the lack of sleep and maybe a bit hangover from the drink last night, Baekhyun force his eyes to stay opened. He goes to the bathroom and does his usual morning routines.

After having his daily dose of coffee, he goes to the college without touching anything else. Byun Baekhyun never eats breakfast, a habit which starts to develop after he lives alone.

 

Today is the day he is supposed to collect the group project to the teacher. So once he arrives at the class, he makes a bee line to the teacher desk and gives his papers. After skimming through the papers, his teacher gives him an appreciative smile. “Great job as always, Byun Baekhyun, and your partner too, Park Chanyeol.”

Just after he sits back on his seat at the back of the classroom, Chanyeol nudges him. “We’re doing great, parner,” and grins at him.

Yeah right, partner who’s just showed up minutes before the project done. Baekhyun slightly scoffs, but then quickly gives Chanyeol a wary smile. He just doesn’t want to deal with Park Chanyeol anymore.

The teacher then proceeds to stand in front of the classroom. “Okay, class. Here’s the good news for you,” she clasps both her hands, “I won’t hold you for too long today. But…”

Here comes the ‘but’, Baekhyun speaks in his mind.

“…I’ll give you another group project instead and I expect you to collect it to me next Monday. It will be your final task for this semester. So, I advise you to do it dilligently if you want to pass this class with an excellent score.”

The class groans from the sudden announcement. Who likes to do task, anyway?

“And stick with your former partner, okay,” she adds later.

And this makes Baekhyun groans. He silently huffs in protest.

After the class was dismissed, Baekhyun quickly rushes to Chanyeol. This time he won’t let Chanyeol to abandon his responsibility, that’s Baekhyun knows for sure.

“Hey, we’re going to start the project tonight, okay.”

Chanyeol turns around to face Baekhyun. He slips his backpack on one of his shoulder and wears his cap. “That eager to do the project, aren’t we?”

“The sooner we finish, the better,” Baekhyun states.

Seeing how tense Baekhyun is, Chanyeol decides to . “Or are you looking forward to meet my room mate, huh?”

Baekhyun feels the rush of warm feeling creeping up his cheeks. Is he just blushing right now? Is Byun Baekhyun just blushing in front of Park Chanyeol? Baekhyun quickly shoos away the feeling. There is no way he is attracted to Kris… Right?

“Shut up.”

“Oh God, were you just blushing? Wow so Byun Baekhyun does like Kris,” Chanyeol beams, clearly feeling amused.

“Stop it, Park Chanyeol!” Baekhyun sternly states. His face is now red. Is it due to anger, or embarassment, he doesn’t know.

Park Chanyeol seemingly doesn’t understand the word ‘stop’ since he still continuously teasing Baekhyun. Yes, Park Chanyeol is a witty guy. Besides, he thinks it would be fun if he could make them together. Byun Baekhyun is a nice person, a conclusion he derives after observing for quite some times. A bit distant, but still a good person. Of course Chanyeol wants the best for Kris. He is his best friend since he couldn’t even remember.

“Alright, alright. My place, 5 o’clock. Okay?”

Baekhyun sighs in relief after Chanyeol stops all the teasing. “Yeah, I’ll go there.”

Despite all the rebuttals, deep down Baekhyun knows that he is indeed feeling somewhat excited to step his feet on Chanyeol and Kris’ shared apartment once again.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun stares at his digital wrist watch which clearly show 5:00. He is always the punctual guy. If it was possible he would even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter