01

Let Me Serenade You to Sleep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byun Baekhyun hates music. He would frown when his friends start to play the music and his frown would go even deeper when they raise the volume.

Meet Wu Yifan, or known as Kris. He is just the complete opposite of Byun Baekhyun. He doesn’t have superb vocal, but he loves music. Music makes him happy. For him, life would be just a plain paper, black and white moving images, without music.

 

 

One day they meet by fate.

It is one sunny day at the park, when birds fly off their nest and little squirrels go out from one tree to another. Byun Baekhyun grumpily walks with hands full of papers. His team mate just ditched him on their supposed-to-be group project. The project’s due date is tomorrow, which leave Baekhyun no one but himself to finish the project.

On the other hand, Kris is in a really good mood. With earphones in his ears he happily walks around, slightly jumping to excitement. He is mumbling to some incoherent words which meant to be the lyric of the song he is currently listening to.

Just by fate, Kris accidentaly bumps into Baekhyun.

Baekhyun’s mouth drops seeing all his papers just fly freely in the air. All his hardwork for the past week just ruined because of the dumb blonde stands before him. He is fuming with anger now. He is more than ready to spit off all the profanities he knows.

“YOU!” Baekhyun points at him, “WHAT THE DID YOU JUST DO? ARE YOU BLIND OR SOMETHING?”

Kris himself is shock too. He was just too absorbed to the music that he didn’t fully aware with his surrounding.

“Oh God, I’m so sorry,” Kris says as he picks some left-out papers on the ground.

“For ’s sake I need to give this damn papers tomorrow, you face,” Baekhyun harshly pushed Kris’s hands away from his papers.

“Oh,” Kris suddenly exclaims as he raises one paper with his hand, “You are from accounting department? I have a friend there.” Kris’s eyes lit up from the sudden realization. He is thinking that maybe he could just ask a little help from his friend to fix the problem.

Baekhyun cannot help but feeling even more annoyed with the man before him. What is he doing now?

“Listen you jerk, I don’t even care if you have a friend in my department. All I care about right now is how I can complete this final task of mine so that I can pass my class.”

“His name is Chanyeol. Maybe I could ask some help from him, you know, to help you finish your paper.”

Baekhyun’s hands stop in the mid air as he hears the sentence. Did that man just say Park Chanyeol’s name? The guy who is supposed to be his partner for this project? The guy who just ditched him to work alone on the project? Hell no.

“Umm, we can go to my place, I mean me and Chanyeol’s place, we’re room mates anyway. So we can start doing your project as soon as possible,” Kris innocently offers.

Something in Baekhyun’s brain just clicked. He smirks upon the realization. Why don’t he just use the situation to force Chanyeol to do their project?

“Okay. Let’s go to your place. Just make sure that your friend will be there too,” Baekhyun finally agrees.

Kris smiles at his answer, feeling slightly relief that he can pay off his mistake. “My name is Wu Yifan, by the way,” Kris offers him his hand, “But you can just call me Kris.”

“Byun Baekhyun.” Baekhyun shortly answers. He doesn’t even bother to shake Kris’s hand.

 

 

"So, this is my shared apartment with Chanyeol," Kris says as he unlocks the door to his apartment. "Sorry if it's a little bit messy," he rubs his neck, feeling embarassed of the room condition. What he means by a little bit messy is really messy in Baekhyun's eyes. He gets it if boys’ room is not as tidy as girls', but this? It's beyond what he could ever imagine. He is not a clean freak, though. Just feeling a little bit suffocated with the mass of trash and piles of clothes which scattered on the floor. Even so, he just shrugs it off. What's in his mind right now is how to finish his project before the due time.

Kris takes out his handphone and proceeds to call his friend. "I'm going to call Chanyeol, okay. Just make your self comfortable," he says to Baekhyun before he excuses himself.

Baekhyun nods his head. He tries to sit in a little space between the piles of clothes on the couch. While waiting for Kris who just went to his bedroom, he arranges his papers, trying to figure what's still can be saved from the mess. Fortunately, some of them still in a good condition, even though few needs to be re-typed due to the damage. Actually, he can do that by himself. It would only need like 2 hours top to fix them all. But, well, if he could get Chanyeol to do his own job, why not?

"Chanyeol will be here in 2 hours. Got some stuffs to do, he said," Kris enters the living room and sits beside Baekhyun, not minding the clothes he just sits on. "So, should we just do the project first before Chanyeol comes, or should we just relax first?"

Baekhyun looks at Kris incredulously. Isn't this friend just gets a little bit too friendly even though it's just the first time they met?

Before Baekhyun speaks, Kris just beats him to do it. “Can we eat first? I’m so hungry,” Kris slightly pouts and clasps both his hands.

The action makes Baekhyun to smile unwillingly. What a big baby Kris is, he thinks in his mind.

“Hey, you just smile!” Kris points at Baekhyun’s face. Since the first time they met at the park not even the slightest smile was drawn on his face. Bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter