x x x

Words I couldn't say

They finished dinner and parted ways. Kai initially offered to send the ladies home, which Sulli was delighted about. However, a phone call from Suho, who then learnt about Soojung's return, led to an impromptu gathering over at his place. Kai went home alone while the 3 shared a cab to Suho's place (also Kyungsoo's).

"So you've been staying with Suho?" Soojung was curious.

"Yea..."

They reached Suho's place soon after.

 

"SOOJUNG OMG YOU'RE BACK!" Suho exclaimed upon seeing Soojung.

He glanced at Kyungsoo at the same time. A listless face greeted him back. Nevertheless, he quickly invited them into the house. Kyungsoo went to his room to get changed while Suho served drinks and snacks.

"You want to look around?" Suho asked.

Soojung nodded as she walked around the place. It was a cosy apartment, which reminded her of the apartment she used to live with her sister back in U.S. She looked out of the balcony, a picturesque of the buzzling city life. High-rise buildings, flickering bokehs of lights gleaming in the dark, and many moving cars buzzling through the busy night. She let the wind caressed her face as she inhaled the breath of Seoul. I'm really back.

"Soojung, you should look at this!" Sulli pulled Soojung to the photo wall. She giggled and left.

A photo wall, painted in white. On it were many pictures. Pictures of Suho's childhood and him growing up. Pictures of Suho with friends. Pictures of school days. She saw familiar faces in the uniform she cherished so much that it is still well-kept somewhere in her cabinet. All these familiar faces that hooked memories, precious memories. The photo wall that reminded her of graduation day. The photo corner Reminiscence. She looked as she let those memories fall back onto her. She inhaled more. And she stopped.

She reached her hands for the group picture taken during the last summer with them before she left. The one she wrapped her arms around Kyungsoo's neck. The days when they were both comfortable with one another.

Kyungsoo came out. Soojung pretended everything was okay.

Suho looked at Kyungsoo, then at Soojung.

Kyungsoo walked past Soojung and sat at the living room where Sulli had already tucked herself comfortably, watching the television.

Because I am awkward when I am with you.

 

"Do you want to tour around my room? I don't usually allow people to my room hahaha," Suho who saw what had happened, decided to break the ice.

Soojung followed.

"So, how was U.S.? Did you have a good time?"

They chatted a while until Suho asked.

"What happened between you and Kyungsoo?"

Soojung shrugged, "I don't know..."

"I don't think I'm supposed to share this...but the day you left, without saying goodbye. He ran after you. I didn't realize this until one day when he was drunk, he was calling our for your name. Then things start to make sense. Why he ran out of the hall so suddenly....."

You did? If I had known...

"And I think you should know this too. The day he lost you, he lost his smile, and...he lost his mum too."

Soojung moved a step backwards in disbelief, almost toppling over the table lamp.

And all these time, when he was suffering by himself...Soojung did not know a single thing.

 

"Isn't this bracelet pretty?"

"You like it?"

"Are you getting it for me?"

"Maybe when I am loaded hahaha" Kyungsoo laughed and then with a serious face he asked again "do all females like such stuffs?"

"Why?"

"My mum...I never saw her wearing anything like that...but I think she will look pretty with it."

Soojung knew Kyungsoo's family isn't well-to-do. If there is something Kyungsoo had wanted to do, that is to provide his family a good life. He wanted his mum to enjoy life instead of working day and night to support the family.

"When your books become a sell-off next time, I'm sure you can buy plenty of them for your mum."

"I haven't even finish writing..."

And they laughed together.

 

Soojung remembered, how much Kyungsoo loved her mum. And in a single day, everything started falling apart for Kyungsoo. The day she wasn't by his side. She wanted very much to console Kyungsoo and ask how he have been but she knew Kyungsoo would rather suffer alone. Unknowingly, tears roll down her face. She used her hand to wipe it away.

"Are you okay?" Suho asked.

"Heh I'm fine" Soojung replied "I think I'd better be going..."

"I didn't mean to..."

"No worries. Thanks Suho, thanks for telling me...."

Soojung left the room.

"Sulli, I need to go already. Let's go alright?"

"Ey?"

Soojung left without turning back. Sulli said goodbyes and followed behind Soojung. Kyungsoo looked as the 2 silhoettes start to disappear from his sight.

~

"What happened?" Kyungsoo asked Suho.

"Nothing. She received a call and needed to go."

"Oh..."

Another goodbye without goodbye. Sorry Soojung I couldn't face you the same way I had always pictured our reunion to be.

~

"What happened?" Sulli asked Soojung.

"Nothing." as Soojung paced faster.

Sulli grabbed Soojung when she suddenly break into tears. Sulli pulled her forward for a hug.

"Everything is going to be okay..."