Memories

Words I couldn't say

I miss you… It’s been a while since I last saw you…and I miss you and everything back then. You feel distant…and different to me now that we don’t talk and I wish we did. Or at least you did. Like how we used to be…back then. Just like the good old times…but times have changed, isn’t it? Did you change? Or did we…

She looked at her diary once again. Its been hours since Kyungsoo called. The first time for so long; the only phonecall she longed for... She closed her eyes, trying to picture Kyungsoo's face as Kyungsoo's faint phonecall lurks in her mind.

"Miss, do you need some drink?"

"Can I have some orange juice please?" Soojung asked.

~

He opened the fridge.

"Darn, my head hurts." Kyungsoo cried while grabbing a bottle of orange juice.

It was Saturday - stay-home Saturday.

"Yeah after all those drinks...you'd better thank me for carrying you back" Suho snorted.

Kyungsoo gulped down mouthfuls while Suho glanced over carefully asking "What's with Soojung...?"

He coughed, panicked.

"You kept calling for Soojung yesternight..."

"Last...night.....?" Kyungsoo recalled.

~

“Kyungsoo? ......... Hello? Kyungsoo…is that you?”

“Jung ah…”

"Are you drunk...?"

"......"

"Kyung....soo...?"

"juuunnggg......soooo...juungggg....." he murmurred.

- beep beep beep -

"i....miss.......youuu..." Kyungsoo dozed off.

~

Kyungsoo shook his head. No...I couldn't have... Suho stared at him, not knowing what to say, because his face tells everything, everything he feels about Soojung, how much he loves and misses her. All along, Suho would about not having a girlfriend and Kyungsoo would just shrug it off. These years of being his closest friend and his housemate, he never knew about Kyungsoo's deepest secret. If he had known earlier, maybe everything would have turned out different. Because he knew Kyungsoo's character - his shy and introvert self, never displaying his true feelings first.

Suho remembered the first time he saw Kyungsoo, his big oogly eyes scanning around the school hall, as he hides at a corner. Suho went over and introduced himself, almost too confidently as a middle-schooler. He pulled his new-found friend Chanyeol as well, who gave Kyungsoo a surprised welcome hug. Kyungsoo smiled awkwardly as he tries his best to make some new friends. Sehun joined later. Kyungsoo was glad he had friends like them, he always do, but never display them like they do. He never approach them first, he never hug voluntarily, he never said anything affectionate. He does play and fool around with them, because he feels comfortable. He also lets the boys bully him probably to replace the love he does not show. But they knew, they knew that Kyungsoo appreciates their little actions, they knew Kyungsoo cared for them and silently helped them when they need it, they knew Kyungsoo love them the way they do.

Suho smiled and patted Kyungsoo on the shoulder, "let's go get breakfast".

"...oh I go get changed first..oh I need a bath as well...Why not you go ahead first I'll meet you downstairs." Kyungsoo walked into his room and quickly get his shower done while Suho went out.

~

Soojung arrived at the airport, her sister tagging right behind her fast and light footsteps. She had been almost-running all the way after alighting from the plane.

"Why are we in such rush?" Sooyeon cried.

"I need to go somewhere."

~

DING DONG

"Did he forget something?" Kyungsoo quickly pulled up his pants and grabbed a shirt.

"Why can't you use your keysssss..." Kyungsoo paused.

"Hi..." she said.

Kyungsoo stared at her, that familiar face. She looked back. Kyungsoo looked away and got flustered as she leaned forward.

"Aren't you letting me in...?"

Kyungsoo backed away, "Suho isn't here."

"I bet he is.................looks like he's not" she guessed after scanning the place.

Kyungsoo later brought her down whereby they are greeted by a dumbfounded Suho.

"Yoona, why the heck are you...here...?" he shot a glance at unamused Kyungsoo.

Yoona reminded Kyungsoo about Soojung. She had eyes like Soojung, but never like Soojung's. Her sharp nose and thin lips; it is just so difficult to explain how there's someone so alike to Soojung but never feels the same like her. 

~

Soojung ran towards the waters. She let the breeze run past her face. She winced as she saw the first light glimmering on the water's surface. "Ahh...sunrise..." thought Soojung.

Sunrise was one of the things she loved. She like how the shine is not so piercing and how the warmth is just right.

 

"Let's go watch sunrise together one day."

"Why?"

"Because I like it."

"I like sunset better."

Soojung slapped Kyungsoo hard on the back.

"Alright alright..." laughed Kyungsoo, "we'll watch together at the beach of...Japan"

Soojung looked at Kyungsoo dumbfounded. Kyungsoo blurted Japan because that was one of the few countries he knew of. Of course, watching sunrise in Japan, or even being in Japan together with Soojung seems utmost impossible, but Soojung took it for real.

"I'm just kidding."

"Nope you are not. You said it, we'll watch sunrise at the beach of Japan." smiled Soojung.

"WHAT?!" shrieked Kyungsoo as Soojung took Kyungsoo's baby finger to make a promise.

 

Now I'm here, watching the sunrise in Japan. Me alone. What happened to our promise?

"Soojung! Did you just come all the way here to see the sunrise...?" Sooyeon shouted at her.

"Isn't it pretty...?"

The two looked at the spark as it grew bigger and bigger, ready to consume the ocean.

"Oh my god, is that Korea?" Sooyeon pointed towards the ocean where there are barely anything to be seen.

The two giggled and laughed at the silly comment Sooyeon made. It would be nice if you're here... Soojung thought to herself, wondering if he had forgotten the pact they made, or if she was the only one who was serious about this silly joke.

Jokes. It was probably one of the many things that reminded Soojung about Kyungsoo. He like how she always - Astro twins. Soojung shook her head as she made her way for breakfast with her sister at their hotel.

~

Kyungsoo sat down at the table with Suho and Yoona as they stared at each other.

"I'll go get the food." Kyungsoo volunteered.

Suho happened to be Yoona's nephew, one reason why Suho was not pleased seeing her. She has been a pretty cool sister (aunt sounded a tad old for their ) to have in the eyes of all his friends but Suho find her to be slightly bossy. They bickered for the ten minutes Kyungsoo was away to get breakfast and did not stop thereafter. Kyungsoo laughed at the sight, probably because this is one of the rarest moment Suho get thrashed.

~

Soojung scooped some scrambled eggs into her plate. Some bacon, ham and cheese.

 

"You're going to get fat with this."

"I'm not"

"Cut down on the bacon" Kyungsoo hissed, jokingly. He knew Soojung would not get fat with that, and Soojung isn't fat.

Soojung went on and scoop more bacon into her plate and they went on fighting who could eat more. In the end, Soojung won. It was not because she could eat more, but that Kyungsoo lets her win. He does it all the time. So that he could see the beam from Soojung's face and that would make his day. Soojung knew she did not win him fairly, but she's happy with the fact he lets her all the time.

 

CLANK

Soojung woke up from her flashback and quickly picked up the ladle from the floor. Get a grip of yourself Jung Soojung! She knocked her head a few times. This has been happening for quite a while now, all these daydreaming and recalling of old times, recalling of Kyungsoo. She calls this Kyungsoo-syndrome. She gets reminded of Kyungsoo with everything she sees, hears and touch. And everytime she remembers, her heart ache a little more. Soojung got her food and returned to her seat.

Hey stupid.

She turned, looked around. NONONONO THIS IS NOT HIM!

"Are you okay?" Sooyeon asked.

"I'm finee..." replied Soojung

NO I'M NOT! And this is driving me crazy. Why does everything I do have to remind me of you? Where are you? What are you doing? Why did you call last night and said nothing at all? What am I waiting for? My heart hurts like crazy and all I can do is silently scream. The memories won't go away. It keeps coming back. I miss you...I miss you so much I keep seeing you and hearing you...and I'm tired of all these memories...

 

Saranghaetjanha uri hamkkehan manheun nal dongan

Hamkke aphahaetjanha seoroui irin juldo moreugo
Neon eodi inneun geoni naui moksori deullijil annni
apheun nae simjangi neoreul chatneunda neoreul bureunda michidorok
Gaseumi nunmuri ddo neoui gieogi
han bangul han bangul ddo nae gaseume heulleo naerinda
Ureodo ureodo jiwojiji annneun gieogeul ttara
oneuldo bin nae gaseumeul ddo jeoksinda
Johahaetjanha jageun nae misoe useojwotjanha
Hamkke ureosseotjanha naui nunmure aphahaetjanha
Jigeum eodi inneun geoni jichin nae moseubi boijil annni
apheun nae simjangi neoreul chatneunda neoreul bureunda michidorok

gaseumi nunmuri ddo neoui gieogi
han bangul han bangul tto nae gaseume heulleo naerinda
ureodo ureodo jiwojiji annneun gieogeul ttara
oneuldo bin nae gaseumeul ddo jeoksinda

Naegero dorawajullae maeil ne ireum bureumyeo
jichin gidarim soge neoreul chaja hemaeneun najanha
Sarangi nunmuri neowaui chueogi
han bangul han bangul ddo nae gaseume heulleo naerinda
ureodo ureodo jiwojiji annneun gieogeul ttara
oneuldo bin nae gaseumeul ddo jeoksinda


Trans:

We used to love during the many days we were together
We used to hurt together- making each other’s pain our own

Where are you? Can’t you hear my voice?
My pained heart is looking for you
Is calling out to you- crazily

My heart, my tears, my memories of you
Drop by drop, they are falling against my chest
Though I cry and I cry, the memories won’t erase
And again today, I drench my empty heart

We used to like each other- you laughed at my smile
We used to cry together- you were pained by my tears

Where are you? Can’t you see my tired body?
My pained heart is looking for you
Is calling out 
to you – crazily

My heart, my tears, my memories of you
Drop by drop, they are falling against my chest
Though I cry and I cry, the memories won’t erase
And again today, I drench my empty heart

Please come back to me- I call out your name every night
And in my exhausted waiting, I wander around and look for you

My love, my tears, our memories
Drop by drop, they are falling against my chest
Though I cry and I cry, the memories won’t erase
And again today, I drench my empty heart

Memories by Super Junior

And Soojung thought this vacation was going to help her forget everything, even just a bit.